5am music blasting in the village.

bob smith

9 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Go to the Philippines - their garbage trucks are blasting music that you can hear 1/4 mile away.....The collectors revel in it....The louder the better....

A few times a week.....

I loved the early morning crowing of the many fighting cocks there ???? ????????????????????????????

• Thanks 1

As first response Charlie H,  you are lucky it didn't start at 4:30am

Get over it your so call complaint watch the person face if it is a blank stare as soon as you turn your back it is Saturday night live!  They be rolling on the floor. 

????

Guess the other half didn't explain it to you ????

• Like 1

^Yep, seems to be a more 'upcountry' phenomenon with the noise pollution thing.

Living in a busy area of Rayong, it's at least quiet of a night time and I usually get a decent night's sleep before work in the morning, same as most of the neighbours, I guess.

If you live upcountry, I doubt there is much you can do to prevent noise. Even industrial ear-plugs don't muffle the bass 'kick' from those huge speakers. Maybe get in some power-naps or "siestas" like the locals during day time?

• Thanks 1

Thai's are much more uncomfortable with silence than with noise, they get a bit edgy when things get quiet!  LOL that’s why I don’t live in a village right live it’s very quiet you don’t hear no buses no car horns no dogs barking usually I just sleep till nine 930 in the morning if I like very quiet I live about 14 minutes from Central Festival shopping center And nice house on a dead-end street life is good here TIT

On 11/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, CharlieH said:

Welcome to Thailand ! Its a cultural thing and is usually/generally because someone is ......

Going to be a Monk

Died

Getting Married.

You can complain, but it will fall on deaf ears ! Literally ????

have the same problem here mate .. absolutely sod all I can do but to put up with it..no good trying to complain we are  foreigners here its not our right ..this music S##t late night early mornings is what they do other neighbors do a bit of moaning but never complain to the culprits..welcome to LOS

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, bob smith said:

nah, think i'll put in a formal complaint instead.

You could do that in England with positive outcome - here in Thailand, the places you can complain to won't do much; in fact they could easily be at the party themselves!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Hi Charlie,

This type of behavior was never part of culture decades ago. 

Excusing bad behavior as cultural, endorses the continuance of the practice. 

Well, I have been here for two decades and confirm, culture or not,  that it was certainly alive and kicking (FFFFFFF) - that's musical notation so loud it would drown out a jet engine!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, CharlieH said:

Adopt the Thai attitude of  "live n let let live"

Are you sure it isn't an attitude of "I hate that this happens, but I cannot complain as it may cause them or me to lose face and there could be consequences"?  Thai people can be incredibly tolerant, but it isn't always because they have no issue with what is happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, CharlieH said:

Welcome to Thailand ! Its a cultural thing and is usually/generally because someone is ......

Going to be a Monk

Died

Getting Married.

You can complain, but it will fall on deaf ears ! Literally ????

Also preceding a festival like Loi Kratong which is tomorrow

To complain you will need:

- Several bottles of Lao Khow

- Small sack of crystal meth

- Some loaded handguns

- A pick up

Method:

Ingest the Lao Khow and meth until very woozy.

Jump in pick up and drive to noise source

On arrival, fire guns randomly while shouting profanities.

Soon you will hear no sounds whatsoever.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

This behavioral problem is not relegated to Thailand, solely, has happened worldwide.

Yep.  Family back in UK complaining that bonfire night now means several nights of random loud fireworks all through the night.  Too many a$$holes in the world. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Yep.  Family back in UK complaining that bonfire night now means several nights of random loud fireworks all through the night.  Too many a$$holes in the world. 

Private fireworks were relegated to November 5th Bonfire night,

Back in the day, we the kids made a "Guy" and begged "a penny for the guy" outside the local pub, corner shop etc.. for fireworks money.

Perhaps a few bangers might have been set of prior to 5th, but was not really commonplace. 

A parental supervised bonfire with treacle toffee and parkin.

Now, fireworks extend from Diwali, into Halloween, then Guy Fawkes, Rugby World Cup, Thanksgivings, a special Birthday, an inconsiderate <deleted> or two and then finally New Years Eve.

For two months our cats appear to be on a hot tin roof ????

On 11/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, marin said:

Welcome to Thailand. My guess is a Thamboon Ban, or a monk being ordained. No laws and no choice but to get used to it. 

Usually a wedding, 3 days at the most, usually 2. Don't bother complaining, remember, you are the odd one out, it is as it is.

On 11/6/2022 at 4:35 PM, tomazbodner said:

Surely you can complain, but if you get cops to actually engage, next loud music might be at your funeral.

The only one responsible and guilty are the chicken. I found that in the country, live correlates with when they go to bed and when they wake up. And they wake up at 5 as the rest of the poultry, and the rest of the family follows. And this implies turning up the stereo right then. Loud of course as is customary here with a lots of bass which travels nicely far away to reach your ears.