Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK currently has over ten million adults (age 16-64)  who are either unemployed (1.26 million) or economically inactive (8.9 million).

And it’s getting worse.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/employmentintheuk/november2022

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork

The Uk will have to go a long way to match the EU with 6.9 million unemployed and a whopping 108.5 million people economically inactive

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Labour_market_flow_statistics_in_the_EU

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

All your see is picket lines I reckon. 

UK don't need the post office.

Railways only need drivers. 

NHS management has got to get it's act together to stop wasting money so it can be paid to others. 

Firemen, teachers etc etc etc will have to except what's offered if anything. 

The Unions are taking he UK bacK to the 1970's .

The first thing that the UK needs to is to get inflation under control and back down to a reasonable level . Unions demanding huge wage increases will just cause inflation to rise

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Unions are taking he UK bacK to the 1970's .

The first thing that the UK needs to is to get inflation under control and back down to a reasonable level . Unions demanding huge wage increases will just cause inflation to rise

Well yes l remember hardship at times in my life, striked once when working in a papermill in Watford it did us no good.

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Social security payments are calculated to provide basic and essential needs.

Low wages not so.

Can't ever see wage cutting going away. 

Many live on social quite happily seen it North and South. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well yes l remember hardship at times in my life, striked once when working in a papermill in Watford it did us no good.

The couple of occasions I took part in strike action went well for me. 

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Can't ever see wage cutting going away. 

Many live on social quite happily seen it North and South. 

I have at times, in the past, when between jobs had to claim benefits I was entitled to; it was no fun at all.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The Uk will have to go a long way to match the EU with 6.9 million unemployed and a whopping 108.5 million people economically inactive

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Labour_market_flow_statistics_in_the_EU

Ridiculous comparison. The EU is composed of a range of nations as far as economic development goes. You seriously think comparing the UK to less economically developed nations is valid?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The couple of occasions I took part in strike action went well for me. 

I have at times, in the past, when between jobs had to claim benefits I was entitled to; it was no fun at all.

In certain areas of the country and certain family situations some have to make do. 

Going away from their home or trying to change their situation isn't always in the options. 

There are others who will and can play the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

In certain areas of the country and certain family situations some have to make do. 

Going away from their home or trying to change their situation isn't always in the options. 

There are others who will and can play the system.

Coming from a childhood where benefits kept our head above water despite parents working (child benefit back then) believe me, we were not playing any system. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Coming from a childhood where benefits kept our head above water despite parents working (child benefit back then) believe me, we were not playing any system. 

With respect l wouldn't suggest your family was.

My experience is I have ex-family in Sunderland that have been on social all their life, still worked on the black and odd job when it suited them. 

Single mums in the south playing the system all easy done. 

That's just 2 examples of the uses of the UK social services.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

With respect l wouldn't suggest your family was.

My experience is I have ex-family in Sunderland that have been on social all their life, still worked on the black and odd job when it suited them. 

Single mums in the south playing the system all easy done. 

That's just 2 examples of the uses of the UK social services.

And there are many more who have no other options but to claim what they are entitled to. 

PS: at no point did I regard your posts as disparaging myself or my family. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That is a good one. 555

Economically inactive includes retirees and with the more generous retirement benefits in the EU there is bound to be a significantly greater percentage of retirees.

In Utopia, economic activity would be voluntary.

Give me utopia over brexit any day of the week. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You don't like democracy do you. ????

I do.

I also recognise two countries were dragged out of the eu against their will because a majority in one country wanted to leave. 

And those hardcore brexit loons are not happy with the tories either.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/dec/18/anger-brexit-tories-red-wall-conservatives-reform-uk-party-immigration?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I do.

I also recognise two countries were dragged out of the eu against their will because a majority in one country wanted to leave. 

Well the question would be are you Scottish or Irish or an Englishman who didn't want to leave EU.