Serious COVID-19 infection cases on the rise in Bangkok and tourist provinces

webfact

1 hour ago, Rockhound said:

I forgot to mention China.  Their cases are rising again.  Looking at the logarithmic  plot (lower graph) their background cases have been rising throughout the panicdemic they have supposedly had under control.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 14.15.39.png

Possibly because, as I understand it, the Chinese only use Sinovac which is not very effective and not the newer MRNA vaccines produced outside china.

2 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

I have tried ALL hospitals in Khon Kaen for a Moderna Booster.  They have all responded that they have no vaccine at all.  One even said they were awaiting a Government directive????

Having two of the symptoms that qualify in the "Vulnerable" category this is not the news I want to read.

I was able to get a Moderna vaccine at the private Buriram Ram Hospital 2 weeks ago. You might want to call. It's a pleasant trip if you pass through Maha Sarakham or Yasothon. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sungod said:

Just had it again, much more mild the 2nd time around,main thing was sore throat and cough for 2 days.  Double vaccinated with AZ over a year ago and no booster.

Stop the hysteria!

Me too, Double Vax with AZ and 1 Moderna Booster. My sore throat and Cough lasted 3 Days.. but then I am knocking on 80!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Again taken out of context, you guys keep on stating incorrect information.

I am not sure what "you guys" encompasses.

There is nothing incorrect in what I said. You claim research and development on vaccines like these have been underway for decades, Alfred Bourla stated otherwise.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 1

Unvaxxed and never had it. Trip to the UK for seven weeks when infections were at the highest in April still never had even a sniffle. I have friends in Thailand all vaxxed and all bar one got it after vaccination. A little strange for a vaccine with such a high efficacy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

Possibly because, as I understand it, the Chinese only use Sinovac which is not very effective and not the newer MRNA vaccines produced outside china.

Traditional vaccines like Sinovac may prevent severe disease in Covid-19 patients: Study

PUBLISHED 14 NOV 2022, 5:00 AM SGT

SINGAPORE - Though often considered inferior due to their induction of a lower antibody response compared with their mRNA counterparts, inactivated virus vaccines can play a role in preventing the development of severe Covid-19, a recent study has found.

8 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

Having two of the symptoms that qualify in the "Vulnerable" category this is not the news I want to read.

I have two but they are controlled, so I don't worry, as I am not obese.. If you are not carrying an oxygen tank around already, relax. Get the flu shot instead as the flu must have a comeback for sure ... if they allow it in their stats again.

9 hours ago, Rockhound said:

Soaring?  Hardly.   It's al relative.  Thailand is at background level.   Have a look at this graph before they delete it.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 13.35.41.png

Thank you. The numbers may be rising slightly, but hospitalizations and deaths are down dramatically, and the latest variants seem to be weaker and weaker. 

• Like 2

Not everyone is a sungod with good health and apparent strong immunities. Many people have

health issues, and getting vaccinated may have saved their lives. If you need to get another booster,

there are many red necks where I live in Alberta Canada who say they will not get a vaccine or wear

a mask for any reason. Hence there should be lots of extra vaccines, Pfizer or Moderna available.

I hope that COVID does not make any country lock down again. China is the exception. Has China ever not been

on some sort of lock down. Good Luck everyone.