Thailand and Indonesia could soon become home for some lucky Aussies

webfact

"Retired Working for You" did an excellent YouTube video on this Long Term Visa. For certain retirees it may make business sense. Personally, I am only interested in Permanent Residencey in order to get away from the Thai immigration and their BS.  Under current regulations I will never qualify for permanent residency as a retiree. To qualify I need to have a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to be even considered. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

And last time I checked, you need an income that would give an exceptionally comfortable retirement back in Australia, or anywhere else in the world.

If you re single maybe. But if you take 80000  USD to Australia the Tax office will extort about 20k to 25k which leaves boomboomall for a family of 4. Even in Tasmania.

2 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

If you re single maybe. But if you take 80000  USD to Australia the Tax office will extort about 20k to 25k which leaves boomboomall for a family of 4. Even in Tasmania.

Most retirees dont have a family of 4 living with them, and one would presume by the time you reach a $60kAU net retirement income, you have accumulated a couple of assets like a fully owned home, cars etc, and you have medical coverage.