FIFA World Cup 2022: Qatar bans beer sales at all stadiums

Scott

Always on the cards , it was never going to be announced before all the tickets were sold.

I see there are viewing parks set up , so fans can watch games who haven't got tickets .

Beer on sale , approx £12 a pint . Luverly.

Edited by NE1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Always on the cards , it was never going to be announced before all the tickets were sold.

I see there are viewing parks set up , so fans can watch games who haven't got tickets .

Beer on sale , approx £12 a pint . Luverly.

Beer is only on sale at such venues after 7pm. 

32 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Without the assistance of beer, football fans are going to discover just how boring the sport really is.

yes ,  I hate to think how totally out of place and dull watching a match between Brazil & Argentina with a pink lemonade in my hand.   

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Nice a.s kick for a major sponsor.

Hope this rotten FIFA, corrupt to the bones will get more of that.

Massive boycott of merchandise goods.

And hopefully all major favorites blown away in first round.

Final with Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Would be a blockbuster.

What's next?

FIS organizing downhill ski in Saudi Arabia because it's good for the purse?

Totally agree. You have the World Cup in a muslim country what did they (FIFA) expect?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/18/multiple-world-cup-sponsors-concerned-over-contracts-after-qatars-alcohol-ban

Now other sponsors are getting concerned?

“There is no impact to the sale of Bud Zero, which will remain available at all Qatar’s World Cup stadiums.”????

"However it has now decided that alcohol will be available at matches only in hospitality boxes, where the cheapest suites are nearly £20,000 a match, and in some fan zones after 7pm, where it will cost nearly £12 for 500ml of Budweiser."

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Totally agree. You have the World Cup in a muslim country what did they (FIFA) expect?

The farce started when they planned this as usual for July.

Only after making the deal Blatter and his mafia gang had to admit that it is frigging hot in Qatar (ignoring all warnings).

That happens if you are carted around in AC cooled limos.

Total ignorance.

Maybe not too well known:

former FIFA boss Blatter as well as his successor Infantino come from the same south alpine Swiss canton of Valais which has a bit of a reputation like Sicily ????

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm prone (often!) and get over nostalgic when I drink booze. Even without it, is this England team better than the 1966 Cup winning one?

(Add the ones who did NOT play in the Final: Jimmy Greaves, Peter Bonetti, Jimmy Armfield, Norman Hunter, George Eastham, Ian Callaghan, John Connelly, Terry Paine Ron Springett, Ron Flowers?

And who's going to 'struggle' off in Qatar with 'heat exhaustion' or a foot/ankle injury - wear some proper bloody boots, then! - when Gerry Byrne of the 1966 squad suffered a broken collarbone in the third minute of the 1965 FA Cup Final and played on throughout the rest of the game and the whole of extra time, crossing the ball perfectly for Roger Hunt to score, and helping Liverpool winning the Cup for the first time)

And go back 10 years more to 1956! I don't need booze to work out that this England squad would beat Southgate's:

Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor, Tom Finney, Stanley Matthews, Billy Wright, Johnny Haynes, Jackie Milburn, Bert Williams, Ronnie Clayton, Roger Byrne, Jimmy Dickinson, Nat Lofthouse, Don Revie, Dennis Wilshaw, Ray Wood........1956 was also the year that Bobby Charlton aged 18 scored twice in his debut for ManU and Denis Law aged 16 made his debut for Huddersfield Town)

Harry Maguire and Eric Dier? Duncan Edwards would have trampled all over them!

2 hours ago, siftasam said:

And go back 10 years more to 1956! I don't need booze to work out that this England squad would beat Southgate's:

Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor, Tom Finney, Stanley Matthews, Billy Wright, Johnny Haynes, Jackie Milburn, Bert Williams, Ronnie Clayton, Roger Byrne, Jimmy Dickinson, Nat Lofthouse, Don Revie, Dennis Wilshaw, Ray Wood........1956 was also the year that Bobby Charlton aged 18 scored twice in his debut for ManU and Denis Law aged 16 made his debut for Huddersfield Town)

Harry Maguire and Eric Dier? Duncan Edwards would have trampled all over them!

The 1872 Wanderers FA Cup final side. World champions in all but name. Those were the days!

11 minutes ago, RayC said:

The 1872 Wanderers FA Cup final side. World champions in all but name. Those were the days!

Rubbish!

And I am especially qualified to make that judgement since I have never watched a football game in my life and am therefore completely unbiased.

• Haha 2