I got angry today, as always "thai people know it better, your way might work in farangland, but this is Thailand" ...

AndyAndyAndy

21 hours ago, curtklay said:

Reminds me of when I had a/c units installed at my house. I noticed they didn't run ground wires. When I asked why, they said "No need. Electricity different in Thailand". I insisted they ground the units. With the amount of rainfall and lightning they get here, I was astounded at their ignorance.

I had the same problem when I lived in Greece with Greek electricians who would not put a ground wire on a very powerful jacuzzi. I grounded it myself to be safe. Do not get a second chance when you are sat in 1200litres of hot water and there is a big fault.

On 11/18/2022 at 11:47 PM, kwonitoy said:

Years ago when the very first Spiderman movie came out, we were watching it at home via DVD

About half way through my wife asks me if this is a real movie, depicting actual events.

I said no, it's fiction.

She said, "I think it's real"

Case closed.

One girl I dated asked me if Superman was real. After a pause and a little inward snigger I said ‘umm, I don’t think so’. 

Good thread. With the disrespect thing, it is possible you have treated her too nicely. Women anywhere from all walks of life often pounce on this weakness. Might I suggest being a little sterner and not giving her she wants.

Or consider the Dothraki way… say ‘No’ when she questions you—whenever she speaks if you want to go all out—and when it’s happy time bend her over out in the open with absolutely no foreplay!

• Haha 2

????

20 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Good thread. With the disrespect thing, it is possible you have treated her too nicely. Women anywhere from all walks of life often pounce on this weakness. Might I suggest being a little sterner and not giving her she wants.

Or consider the Dothraki way… say ‘No’ when she questions you—whenever she speaks if you want to go all out—and when it’s happy time bend her over out in the open with absolutely no foreplay!

That's the way to do it ????

Edited by PFMills
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

However, what really does confuse me is why these women are attracted to the very farangs that they look down and despise.

You're confused by this?

Don't think it's got anything to do with $$$$$?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Quite a few times she threatened me with a kitchen knife for an the most trivial of arguments.

Just one time ,even a hint of picking up some kind of weapon and she would be on the pavement before she knows it!

I will never accept any kind of violence in my relationship,never.

The day she moved in here i told her that.

"I will never yell at you or use violence and you will never do that to me"

Still works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

As you can see above, I have been there (as quite a few of us have) and I have got the badge.

I used to (and still do sometimes) wonder why I was so stupid to be with a woman who was so bigoted against my race.

Maybe I didn't see her ugly side until it was too late.

I think, possibly, as Western men we are sort of conditioned to see the good side in women and to want to save them from their bad side.  People can also play-act and hide their issues, maybe for years (or until commitment is secured)  I'm not sure if Thai men would put up with this, I suspect not.

Luckily, normally one experience like this is enough to beat this attitude out of us.

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

However, what really does confuse me is why these women are attracted to the very farangs that they look down and despise.

Could be they would rather be with a Thai man, No Thai wants to date them so they are forced to settle for a foreign man, they then take out all of their anger, bitterness and frustration at the situation they are in on their florigen husband?  Some women marry for love, others marry to be looked after.

Honestly, these people sound very broken and have probably had extremely unpleasant lives to turn out this way.  I sometimes wonder if an upbringing that we would call abusive back home, is normal for many Thai women.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I got my wish list. Maybe I just got really lucky. Maybe I gave myself many years to find out who she really was before marrying. Either way, I feel very fortunate. 

Me as well.

I first met my Thai wife in 1993 and we didn't get married until 2000, and I asked her to marry me, but not until I had divorced my first wife.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:03 PM, it is what it is said:

thankfully, i only date educated, professional thai women, many of whom have traveled extensively, and so have never had to deal with such parochial views on life.

The average educated Thai is about as intelligent as your average Non educated Farang So not such a boast Really

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2022 at 11:21 PM, spidermike007 said:

Find one that respects you, has your back, and possesses common sense

I don't want a wife who has my back -- I want a wife, at least as for things Thai, who has my front. I don't want defense or support as in the definitions of "has my back". 

I want OFFENSE.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, sead said:

I'm sorry to tell you this. If your wife have no trust in you being the man and able to do anything correct. Then it's time to get a wife that knows her man knows things and she should be proud bragging to others that she has a knowledgeable husband. 

Get a new wife

You reckon a new wife will be better simply for being new?

News flash- women don't come with guarantees of satisfaction.

I struggled to keep my marriage, and only got divorced when it became obvious I was beating a dead horse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, curtklay said:

Reminds me of when I had a/c units installed at my house. I noticed they didn't run ground wires. When I asked why, they said "No need. Electricity different in Thailand". I insisted they ground the units. With the amount of rainfall and lightning they get here, I was astounded at their ignorance.

Did they ground them properly? I made the electrician ground the electric shower unit I paid him to install, and he put a very short rod in the ground, which was useless. After he left I put the correct length of rod in the ground.

• Like 1

6 pages of trashing Thai workers.

Most need to get out more - a LOT more.

Have great mechanics, construction tradespeople, etc etc etc who do work for us.

Takes a while at times, but a little looking and good help is not hard to find. Certainly no harder than in the West, where there are Cowboy contractors by the score, or did you all forget about that in your rush to denigrate.

But sit at home, search on Internet Forums filled with those who have the same perspective as you have, and express surprise that you can not find quality help

555 Wear it Well

On 11/19/2022 at 12:03 AM, it is what it is said:

thankfully, i only date educated, professional thai women, many of whom have traveled extensively, and so have never had to deal with such parochial views on life.

Did you let them pay their share & drive you about too?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, seedy said:

6 pages of trashing Thai workers.

Most need to get out more - a LOT more.

Have great mechanics, construction tradespeople, etc etc etc who do work for us.

Takes a while at times, but a little looking and good help is not hard to find. Certainly no harder than in the West, where there are Cowboy contractors by the score, or did you all forget about that in your rush to denigrate.

But sit at home, search on Internet Forums filled with those who have the same perspective as you have, and express surprise that you can not find quality help

555 Wear it Well

LOL. Yes there are excellent tradesmen but they don't normally turn up at ordinary bloke's houses.

Every Thai worker I employed ( welders, electricians etc ) were useless. A gate they welded the hinges on fell off because they didn't clean surface. The aforementioned electrician that didn't know what a proper earth was, and another that didn't know that wiring a direct connection to earth isn't a good idea.

I always had to redo everything they did.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 5:44 PM, sead said:

I'm sorry to tell you this. If your wife have no trust in you being the man and able to do anything correct. Then it's time to get a wife that knows her man knows things and she should be proud bragging to others that she has a knowledgeable husband. 

Get a new wife

Surprising amount of posts supporting this rather feeble minded option ????????

It's a challenge, thrown up now and again, but building trust takes time, walking away from a situation that can be resolved, is weak, working to fix it shows strength of character 

Also assists to understand that there are circumstances where the Thai will achieve a good result, often for little baht, so a guy doesn't need to display his skills, gotta choose your moments ????