Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You could hardly be more wrong if the discussion is about whether a poll is statistically valid. If it's just about vote totals, then it might be a valid total. Or it might be due to that 20% of bots or more that Musk claimed were contaminating Twitter

And on his personal account he claims:

image.png.e76969e6fa492b2909e528559b6e2148.png

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1566853171720470528

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Twitter is just fine. It's the best source for breaking news there is. That includes Thai news, which is faster more thorough and detailed than anything you get, for example, on Aseannow. Even if a story makes it to AN, it's usually hours after the event, sometimes days. I know that I look for both local Thai news and international news on Twitter first. Most of my focus and interest has migrated there. Elon Musk is now running Twitter with 50 people doing the job 7500 were doing before. There's a billion dollars right there.

If you can tell me how reinstating Trump on Twitter is going to make it more thorough and detailed, I'm all ears. His tweets border on incoherent.

According to what I am reading in non-social media, Musk's ban on working from home has had to be rescinded because too many staff were pulling the plug.

I am not involved with Facebook or Twitter. IMO Facebook is for narcissists, and Twitter is for twits.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You're slowly getting there.  Why not say 10 million fakes?  Why not say all of them?

Once again, what are the safeguards at Twitter to prevent this from happening?

10m now? So just making up numbers. Its possible 5m fakes voted against then.

Guess you never thought of that.

43 minutes ago, heybruce said:

So you maintain that the Twitter poll/vote you have so much faith in was free and fair?  No bots, no multiple accounts held by the same person, no Russian trolls who would like to see a return of Trump, etc.  What are the safeguards to prevent that from happening?

I would expect its within 10 or 15% margin of error. Given Twitter is mostly young 80%+ and mostly left Trump getting 51.8% did well.

It is possible 5m votes were fake. Could be 4m fake against him.

Of course being biased you dont want to accept that.

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Hate speech attacks minorities, not individuals. You're confused.

What is hate speech?

There are laws against saying things in all countries. But could they be considered 'hate speech'?

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Cause you claim the poll isnt a real one. 

I never claimed there were 10 million fake voters same as I never claimed the poll isn't a real one, you can check what I did claim though if you read my posts and want to respond to those claims instead

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump was banned from Twitter for not accepting the election result , now some people are not accepting the poll result to allow him back on .

Should the people who don't accept the poll result also be banned from Twitter ? 

Yes for being hypocrites

• Like 1