Kanye West announces 2024 presidential bid

Scott

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

A snowball's chance in hell springs to mind. I guess his motive is to follow Trump's lead and grift donations from fools who support him.

He does have a lot of supporters. Look at the comments section of any youtube video about him. They love his antisemitism. But I don't see how that translates to people going to the polls to throw out their votes if he's even on many ballots. Such people are much more likely to vote for Trump or Trump 2.0. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

He does have a lot of supporters. Look at the comments section of any youtube video about him. They love his antisemitism. But I don't see how that translates to people going to the polls to throw out their votes if he's even on many ballots. Such people are much more likely to vote for Trump or Trump 2.0. 

I don't expect that he believes he could win but he does get to keep the donations. The other issue here is that a highly fragmented primary can result in a nominee with a low proportion of the vote e.g.e Trump who won on less than 45% of the republican primary vote.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't expect that he believes he could win but he does get to keep the donations. The other issue here is that a highly fragmented primary can result in a nominee with a low proportion of the vote e.g.e Trump who won on less than 45% of the republican primary vote.

I think Kanye is running alternative party so the republican primary is irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

Who do you think he would choose as his Vice President??

I believe I read somewhere that he asked Trump to be his VP.  Sorry, I don't remember where so I can't provide a link.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

Who do you think he would choose as his Vice President??

Nick Fuentes. 

“Ye – who has been dropped by brands such as Balenciaga and Gap over his bigoted comments – announced his own bid for president in this video missive. But in the video he then also claimed to describe meeting with Trump in the company of Fuentes.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/25/trump-nick-fuentes-kanye-west?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, Scott said:

I believe I read somewhere that he asked Trump to be his VP.  Sorry, I don't remember where so I can't provide a link.

Try the OP:

5 hours ago, Scott said:

He also claimed to have asked Donald Trump to be his running mate.

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't see how social media comments are any indication of actual potential votes.  I also don't see many white antisemites voting for a you-know-what.  If you haven't already figured it out, go back and try to see what Larry David is really getting at in the No Starch, No Crease bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ay4uLhxhKs

But I do hope he goes third-party, and then other hip-hop personalities also make a run (4th party, 5th, etc), like Cardi B forming the WAP party.

Bernie was a pioneer of small donation fundraising, but it was DT who came along and corrupted it (telling his hordes to send the $$ money to him, not the RNC).  Probably a lot of people looking for ways to cash in on that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's great news. Let the right vote a little for Ye, Trump and DeSantis. Every one of them about 15% would be perfect.

I get the humor, but that 3rd party stuff could happen. Along with joe for round 2.

• 4 weeks later...