Thai PM vows not to tolerate corruption in government bureaucracy

snoop1130

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

And not a Thai protester for hundreds of miles.....they just sit back and take it!

Thais love the ' drama and role playing ' of it all even though it leads nowhere.

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Red Bull

Load of bull.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

But, we all know standing there and telling bare faced lies, he has no issue with, so not really much meat in his comments. 

That's why he continues to wear a mask so you can't see him smirking behind it.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and exploitation of legal loopholes.

Like selling some land for 600 million baht to a brand new company with A British Virgin Islands address with no other transactions on record.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2014/11/04/1415098178/

When a reporter asked Gen. Prayuth about the land sale today, the Prime Minister shot back that the media has no business questioning him on the matter. 

"I don't know. I don't remember," Gen. Prayuth said on 1 November. "I am not a businessman. Please don't ask me about this."

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today (Friday) that he has never been involved in corruption throughout his career in government service and he does not tolerate corruption in the government’s bureaucracy.

Baby laughing.gif

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

As Thailand is a member of the United Nations, he said that his government has always attached importance to eliminating corruption in all its forms.

After 8 years he's achieved nothing towards stopping corruption.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh stop man! Do you not realize nobody is listening to you anymore? You are the laughing stock of the nation. Perhaps one of the most tragic figures in Thai history. Maybe even the entire region, and we are talking about a region with alot despots and failures.

Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. Your word is about as good as the word of a snake oil salesman, in Tombstone, in 1872. What ever happened with your promises to root out your bad apple immigration guys, on the border? They likely let in thousands, to line their greedy pockets. Do you care at all, on any level, about anything other than your own enrichment, and the vintage of ridiculously expensive champagne you will have this evening? You made these same promises 8 years ago, and have done next to nothing. Nobody believes anything you say, at this point. 

There is no saying the extent of the corruption in this administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity.

You must step down, or be removed. You are the most toxic force this nation has endured for a very long time. The youth is right. You must go. Out. Get out now!

Awaiting the revolution that's been overdue for a least a couple of generations.

I'd love that somebody explain to me the following.

* Why nobody is surprised when a police officer goes to his office in a Ferrari and in a Porsche on the next day?

* Why nobody is surprised that some senior army officers are amongst the richest people in the country (bearing in mind the pay is quite low)?

* Why nobody is surprised when the largest house in an area is owned by a civil servant?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Someone should ask this guy what the meaning of "corruption" is.

Watching corruption happen in your subordinates is Corruption!

Having others pass out brown envelopes to politicians for you is Corruption!

Performing a coup is corruption otherwise you would not have had to grant your amnesty!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

8 years he tolerated it and became rich from it, what changed.....is his arrest happening soon....

"is his arrest happening soon....". Excellent question, but no chance. He has soldiers, guns and tanks behind him. That is why he is still an unelected PM, even after 8 years. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The Constitution of Thailand requires holders of political positions to declare their assets, and those of family, upon taking and leaving office. He declined to do years ago but will certainly do so at the end of his tenure in order to reaffirm his fight against corruption. I can say no more. The men in white coars have arrived to take me back to the special hospital.........????

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

After 8 years he's achieved nothing towards stopping corruption.

But...you didn't really expect this from him or his circle, did ya?

Could suggest the same towards any sitting Thai [or any worldwide for that matter] governments for ages. 

It's what they do. Their basic function and purpose.

Why do all those clowns keep repeating the same nonsense? I would be very surprised if there is even one person in Thailand who believes that BS. EVERYBODY knows these people are corrupt to the bone, and the higher up you go, all the way to the top, the more corrupt they are. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Why do all those clowns keep repeating the same nonsense? I would be very surprised if there is even one person in Thailand who believes that BS. EVERYBODY knows these people are corrupt to the bone, and the higher up you go, all the way to the top, the more corrupt they are. 

And yet, no one considers dissolving those at the top. 

24 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

And yet, no one considers dissolving those at the top. 

Because those at the top rake in the most money and have total control and power over the whole system. It’s like the RTP. Nobody joins because they want to ‘protect and serve’, and ‘uphold the law’. They just want a piece of the pie, and the smart ones climb up through the ranks and get themselves a bigger and bigger piece of the pie.

Here’s a little story, to give you an idea of the kind of money we’re talking about. Around 2011/2012, a group of about ten burglars broke into the house of the deputy minister of transportation in Bangkok. The minister and his wife were out for the evening, there were only a few servants. Couple days later, the culprits were caught, together with most of the money they took, about 100 million baht in cash.
And here’s the kicker: they told the police they had only been able to take about 10% of the cash that was present at the house, 100 million baht was all they could carry. So it seems like the good minister had about a billion baht in cash in his house. That’s about $30 million. Of course the money was long gone when the police went to take a look. Another interesting bit of gossip was that the burglars were hired by some of the minister’s ‘colleagues’, because he had refused to share the loot with them. 
I’m not sure how much of this is true, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s pretty close to the truth.

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Because those at the top rake in the most money and have total control and power over the whole system. It’s like the RTP. Nobody joins because they want to ‘protect and serve’, and ‘uphold the law’. They just want a piece of the pie, and the smart ones climb up through the ranks and get themselves a bigger and bigger piece of the pie.

Here’s a little story, to give you an idea of the kind of money we’re talking about. Around 2011/2012, a group of about ten burglars broke into the house of the deputy minister of transportation in Bangkok. The minister and his wife were out for the evening, there were only a few servants. Couple days later, the culprits were caught, together with most of the money they took, about 100 million baht in cash.
And here’s the kicker: they told the police they had only been able to take about 10% of the cash that was present at the house, 100 million baht was all they could carry. So it seems like the good minister had about a billion baht in cash in his house. That’s about $30 million. Of course the money was long gone when the police went to take a look. Another interesting bit of gossip was that the burglars were hired by some of the minister’s ‘colleagues’, because he had refused to share the loot with them. 
I’m not sure how much of this is true, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s pretty close to the truth.

Well then.......time for the proverbial revolution, ain't it? ????

Dispose 'em all. 

On 12/9/2022 at 9:15 PM, goloeilmanz said:

Despite these efforts, corruption remains a pervasive problem in Thailand, particularly in the bureaucracy. The World Bank's 2020 Control of Corruption Index ranks Thailand 95th out of 190 countries, indicating a moderate level of corruption. The 2019 Corruption Perceptions Index by Transparency International also ranked Thailand as the 101st least corrupt country out of 180 countries.

One of the main causes of corruption in the bureaucracy is the lack of accountability and transparency in the procurement process. Public officials often award contracts to companies without competitive bidding, leading to inflated prices and the siphoning of funds to the officials' personal accounts. In addition, the sale of positions to the highest bidders also contributes to corruption in the bureaucracy, as public officials are more interested in enriching themselves than serving the public.

Another factor that contributes to corruption in the bureaucracy is the lack of enforcement and punishment for corrupt officials. Despite the efforts of the NACC, many corruption cases go unpunished, as the legal system is often slow and inefficient. This lack of consequences for corrupt behavior only encourages public officials to continue engaging in corrupt practices.

In conclusion, corruption in the bureaucracy is a pervasive problem in Thailand, and it primarily relates to procurement projects, the selling of positions to the highest bidders, and bribery and exploitation of legal loopholes. To address this problem, the government must focus on increasing accountability and transparency in the procurement process, strengthening the enforcement of anti-corruption laws, and implementing effective measures to punish corrupt officials.

I'm not sure which is better. Being ranked 95 or 101?

Does it really matter?

Oh, there is the postman.

My brown envelope has arrived.????????

In my W-Europ country a general would make around 5000€ a month at the end of his carreer. Full carreer let us 35 years (they retire sooner than civilians). All start as lower officer, ie lieutenant at around 2000€ a month. So let us say that an average general carreer would amount around 3500€. It means that he could have earned around 1,5 million full carreer. So can somebody explain me how a general from an emerging (I have to be cautious with my wording said the moderator!!!!) country could become a billionaire? O stupid me it was the wifes fortune of course...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, vangrop said:

In my W-Europ country a general would make around 5000€ a month at the end of his carreer. Full carreer let us 35 years (they retire sooner than civilians). All start as lower officer, ie lieutenant at around 2000€ a month. So let us say that an average general carreer would amount around 3500€. It means that he could have earned around 1,5 million full carreer. So can somebody explain me how a general from an emerging (I have to be cautious with my wording said the moderator!!!!) country could become a billionaire? O stupid me it was the wifes fortune of course...

Don't forget the enormous amounts deposited into the house-keepers, gardeners and drivers account - - - by mistake of course when accidentally discovered by others.