What are you going to die of?

markclover

What are you going to die of?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought I was going to die in action jumping off something with a parachute on my back!

Now I believe by my decision when time is up and my body hurts more than I can enjoy life. I die of carbon dioxide and a good dose of morphine/valium or anything similar to ease everything.

But if I have to choose one of present categories, it have to be motorcycle accident! 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Old age hopefully.

Any death no matter is horrible. Seen to young to die, and to old to die, same same but different. The young ones who die, you hope lived longer even deleted, the to old ones you hope die earlier to ease their pain. No glory, just pain

Edited by Hummin

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Any death no matter is horrible. Seen to youg to die, and to old to die, same same but different. The you g ones who die, you hope live longer even deleted, the to old ones you hope die earlier to ease their pain. No glory, just pain

You mentioned Carbon Dioxide earlier. But that's not very nice. Nitrogen is better, plus some Single Malt (first) and morphine.

53 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You mentioned Carbon Dioxide earlier. But that's not very nice. Nitrogen is better, plus some Single Malt (first) and morphine.

Helium is better still? Unlikely i would die from any of those, if I'm diagnosed with a serious life threatening illness which means a miserable death then an exit bag \ drugs would end it 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Once my quality of life is gone, I will probably go back to Australia, and take advantage of enlightened assisted dying laws. Unless I get hit by a bus here.

But by then, you may not be able to fly? Then you're stuck to die here. 

Edited by Inala
typo

Guessing heart failure.  What is actually going to cause that, haven't a clue.

Blocked artery, tried & failed, 6 ish weeks ago, and with all the other organs in good shape, AFAIK, might be a while before I krap out.

Doubt if it will a random vehicle accident, or act of violence.  If not heart failure, hopefully in my sleep, then probably some future ailment, yet undiagnosed, that I'll prefer not to live with, and I'll just off myself ... peacefully 'in my sleep'.  Which was always my plan anyway.

Since I don't bounce like I used to, I refrain from doing stupid sh!t, that I enjoyed doing in days past.  Well, not really that long ago, but slowed way down.  Gotten all my thrill thingies check off.

24 minutes ago, simon43 said:

If I consider those farang friends of mine who have died in Thailand:

Suicide - 1

Motorbike accident - 2

Diabetes - 1

Cancer - 1

old age - none

2 slipped and died in the shower

1 m/c accident

2 liver failure

2 cancer

1 aids

1 stroke

The oldest was 70.

24 minutes ago, simon43 said:

If I consider those farang friends of mine who have died in Thailand:

Suicide - 1

Motorbike accident - 2

Diabetes - 1

Cancer - 1

old age - none

Got to die of something, if past most of our life expectancy when born, me, 1954, think it was 76, then that's going to be 'old age' for me, as if not that old, I probably wouldn't of die from what ever aliment does me in.  Cancers get most when older.  Pancreas is the only one that spooks me, as usually find out too late.

Only know 3 expats, personally, sort of that passed.  

1 near 80, maybe older, bad ticker last 20 yrs, smoked & drank

1 over 80, got cancer, and let it go, think tired of being here

1 only 55, didn't feel good, laid down for a rest & didn't get up ????

Another one is still kickin', in his 80s.  Any others are a bit younger & healthy.

So only 1 shocker.   

My parents, 69 & 74, although I got 1 cousin on my mother's side, going strong at 83, mentally & physically.  That's reassuring.

Every one else, family (aunts/uncles), died of cancers, younger than my parents, and all chain smokers & alkys, which I'm neither.

I'm happy with 76, if in decent health.  Seems short time now, 8 ish more years, so if make to 80s, even better.

Since most Yanks retire around 65 ish yrs old, and I've been for 22+ yrs, that makes my 87 already ... ????  My new math:

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Boredom , from reading some of these posts on here......????

we need more happy posts ..

regards Worgeordie

you beat me to it..... I guess great minds think alike  555

• Thumbs Up 1