Kerfuffle on a bus! Mask-less passenger told to get off after other passengers complain

webfact

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

That's was a national edicte and pertains on to the  govt position. Private establishment can dictate their own rules. Public transport has also been recommending the wearing of mask while on board and have the right to refuse service as deemed appropeiate

ok good for them.....

28 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

This is not correct, there is no law regarding mask wearing. That was a single statement by a health official that was widely reported in multiple articles. 

There is no law/mandate for public transport. If there was, the airlines would be enforcing it, as they were when there was a law in place. They are not. 

Private entities can make their own rules and refuse service as they deem fit, the govt statement was for govt facilities and has no bearing on private facilities

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

continuing story of craziness... as the whole world is mask free, Thailand keep the masks on.. In China they only showed football and no audience as the audience were not wearing masks. As soon as there were supporters to be seen, they switched to the trainers... There is no law in Thailand that you have to wear a mask...

Except at private facilities that make their own requirements for enter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackshadow said:

thort anutin......had said months ago that there WAS NO LAW regarding mask....

it was reported on here !!!!

"...anutin......had said months ago that there WAS NO LAW".

There isn't, except in certain places, but the bus operation is a private company, they can impose whatever rules they want for people using their buses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pmbkk said:

I've been in Bangkok Rama 2 for the last few days - I would say 99% of people wear masks at all times in public. I was astonished.

I'll wear one on the bus/markets/central etc but they wear them everywhere outside.

I've been to the local markets, night market, central, pool  - all 99%.

Same old situation a mask, but no helmet when riding their MCs.

Astonished is a good description. It's flabbergasting this is still occurring.

It's almost becoming a Bangkok and Chiang Mai thing, in many other provinces it has dropped off. 

Don't even start on the rest of the world, where it is now becoming more and more uncommon by the day. I wouldn't be surprised if China goes maskless before Thailand. What will it take to get the land of smiles back? 

Even Japan is starting to relax a little, not that the almost universal mask wearing seemed to do much there - reporting 1 million cases last week!!

• Like 2