January 6 committee releases final report, says Trump should be barred from office

Scott

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

When has the Capitol been stormed and invaded before by insurrectionists? And it wasn't just about trespass, was it. They attempted to put a halt to the Constitutionally sanctioned transfer of power due to a false narrative promoted by a certain loser.

It seems that you did not read properly my comment. I did not write about "the Capitol" but "Such insurgency or even a parliament storming sometimes happens". Just yesterday something like that happened in Brasilia.  And many times elsewhere, e.g. in Kiew... 

10 minutes ago, Saanim said:

It seems that you did not read properly my comment. I did not write about "the Capitol" but "Such insurgency or even a parliament storming sometimes happens". Just yesterday something like that happened in Brasilia.  And many times elsewhere, e.g. in Kiew...  

Gee. Odd how you didn't quote this part of what you wrote "  There are many other cases anywhere, however, they are not always classified so serious... "

I know it's against the rules for others to misleadingly cut a member's quote. Not sure how the rules apply to a member misleadingly editing their own.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, candide said:

The way you present it is misleading.  His point is that Congress has no power to recommend prosecution, not that what is in the report is not accurate.

I have no doubt it may be an interesting debate subject among Constitutional scholars. Has he submitted the case to the supreme court or is it just

Try to spin it any way you want...it's a verbatim quote.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Try to spin it any way you want...it's a verbatim quote.

A quote may be ambiguous without knowing the perspective and context. So what was your point exactly? What did he mean according to you? 

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

One day you will see the truth and it will be sooner than later as the house is digging into Biden and his family of crime. Tell me all you democrat facts in a months time I'm all ears.

As an independent I find you labeling me a democrat hilarious. Where did my post say the Dems were doing well.  I stated that:

"Between the Democrats and republicans the US is going to hell in a hand basket right now.  looks like an internal civil war is occurring within both parties".

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Being Independent just means you can't make up your mind. At some point you have to get off the fence.

No it means you vote for the party that you feel has the best policies at the time and the one at the time that you have more trust in. At least that's what it means in my book.

• Like 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Why, are there only 2 parties and 2 people to choose from during an election?

Effectively, yes. In the US any third party is nothing other than a spoiler. Until they introduce ranked choice aka preferential voting it will always be thus. It's one of several major shortcomings in the US electoral system. UK too.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

As an independent I find you labeling me a democrat hilarious. Where did my post say the Dems were doing well.  I stated that:

"Between the Democrats and republicans the US is going to hell in a hand basket right now.  looks like an internal civil war is occurring within both parties".

Sorry about calling you democrat, I didn't know you were a Independent and yes the country is going to hell in many ways.

• Thumbs Up 2

Trumps followers in the GOP are finding themselves in a world of hurt as well for their roles in the insurrection/coup attempt. Here is Ron Johnson who claims he had no role except as a courier between Trump and Pence as far as the fake electorate issues go.....

'Dumb': GOP's Ron Johnson humiliated over nonsensical coup claim (msn.com)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Trumps followers in the GOP are finding themselves in a world of hurt as well for their roles in the insurrection/coup attempt. Here is Ron Johnson who claims he had no role except as a courier between Trump and Pence as far as the fake electorate issues go.....

'Dumb': GOP's Ron Johnson humiliated over nonsensical coup claim (msn.com)

What is dumb is posting this link, which seems to open a different series of off-topic garbage videos each (waste of) time. 

• Like 2

This is exactly why Trump should not be allowed to run again for office and should be barred. The last sentence is in my view the death knell for Trump as far as his inciting the insurrection.

Judge Finds Jan. 6 Defendant ‘Followed Then-President Trump’s Instructions’ to Breach the U.S. Capitol (msn.com)

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly’s ruling found that MacAndrew “followed then-President Trump’s instructions, which were in line with her stated desires.”

According to the ruling, MacAndrew was found guilty of “(1) Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(1); (2) Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(2); (3) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building, in violation of 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(D); and (4) Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building, in violation of 40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2)(G).”

While the guilty verdict against MacAndrew is not surprising, Kollar-Kotelly’s explicit tying of then President Donald Trump to her actions that day is notable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What is dumb is posting this link, which seems to open a different series of off-topic garbage videos each (waste of) time. 

So your offended that Trumps actions are causing others issues.  Why?  I mean the first video is the one I posted about, but the 2nd one also goes to show his hatred for others and why he should be barred from ever holding office again.

Far from off-topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1