Wonderfruit Festival in Banglamung releases statement about two foreigners found unconscious who later passed away, officials investigating

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Two foreigners were found unconscious during the Wonderfruit Festival in the greater Pattaya area and they were later pronounced dead.

The Wonderfruit Festival was held on December 15th to December 18th, 2022 in Banglamung.

The Nongprue Police Chief Colonel Damrong Eiampairoj told The Pattaya News that they were notified that two male foreigners were transferred from the festival to nearby hospitals after they were found by other revelers unconscious overnight on December 17th.

Mr. Gulaume Nathan Wyss, 41, or DJ Boogie G, a Swiss national, and Mr. Kimo Rusna, 39, Indonesian, were later pronounced dead at hospitals at 5:00 A.M. and 3:00 A.M. on December 17th. There were no signs of a physical confrontation or wounds.

Doctors identified their cause of deaths as a result of sudden heart failure. Autopsies are being conducted to see what they may have drunk or eaten before and were not available as of press time.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/23/wonderfruit-festival-in-banglamung-releases-statement-about-two-foreigners-found-unconscious-who-later-passed-away-officials-investigating/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

8 hours ago, proton said:

How can they state heart failure before an autopsy? 

generally when people die their heart stops 

this is very concerning having (reported} 2x random people dead like this at the same event, was it something they ate.......................... I would say highly likely

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, proton said:

How can they tell it was a heart attack before and autopsy? Yes we all know what a heart attack is????

They were both admitted to hospital unconscious.  They must have both suffered from some form of cardiac arrest during treatment and unable to be revived.  Monitors would have shown cardiac output and staff would have followed revival attempt procedures. That's heart failure.  An autopsy will determine the root cause of heart failure and therefore their death.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, aussienam said:

They were both admitted to hospital unconscious.  They must have both suffered from some form of cardiac arrest during treatment and unable to be revived.  Monitors would have shown cardiac output and staff would have followed revival attempt procedures. That's heart failure.  An autopsy will determine the root cause of heart failure and therefore their death.  

Why must they have? 

12 minutes ago, proton said:

Eventually, not necessarily from a heart attack

Well not really 'eventually' either.....that poster is claiming heart failure which is presumptive. Many possibilities, but I lean away from natural causes from what I read here... I hope we get to find out the underlying cause. 

On 12/24/2022 at 1:50 PM, vangrop said:

Alcohol addiction is very harmfull, but far less than drug addiction. The problem with drugaddicted is that they are in full dening and banalising modus.

It begins with the softies and ends up with the hardies and or overdosis to trigger the sensations.

Nowadays are drugs the biggest killers and that is probably the cause of their death.

Sounds like an experienced commentator.

• Haha 2

On 12/24/2022 at 8:29 AM, Elkski said:

Do  bad mushrooms kill overnight?  I think not.  My guess is OD on something. 

Congrstulations on your very firm grasp of the obivious.

If I had to guess, I would say that fentanyl has made it into the recreational MDMA, ketamine, and/or cocaine supply.

There has certainly been plenty floating around the region.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by n00dle