Restaurant owner dragged out and kicked by "well connected" mob in NE - police "running scared"; over 2 am closing

webfact

4 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"Since then he has been unable to eat properly or sing because of a cracked right molar."..... yes, being able to sing would be at the top of my concerns after such a beating. I think many of the stories that are on this site could easily be made into a comedy series with the RTP getting the most episodes.

The Thin Brown Line ? no not that one. Aka the uk's Blue line with Rowen Atkinson

MV5BNDkzOTkyMDA5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODI4MTI5._V1_.jpg.39eccb81375d60e45fb1036f829714ec.jpg.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Does anyone have any idea why Thailand has a police force? Apart from to stop people drinking a beer after 2am, that is. I really have no idea. Same as my wife, whose brother is a policeman. I asked her what he actually does and she hasn't a clue.

Our business pays a thousand a month to the police, for protection, if that clarifies your questions any. They drop by every day and take a selfie as proof they visited

2 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

Our business pays a thousand a month to the police, for protection, if that clarifies your questions any. They drop by every day and take a selfie as proof they visited

I had wondered why coppers were always taking selfies in front of shops! The other day I watched as a pick up pulled up and three of them went around various shops in my local town taking pictures of themselves.

On 12/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Does anyone have any idea why Thailand has a police force? Apart from to stop people drinking a beer after 2am, that is. I really have no idea. Same as my wife, whose brother is a policeman. I asked her what he actually does and she hasn't a clue.

Lots of police in Thailand...zero policing.  The police force is a franchise business that focusses solely upon activities that derive profit.  This is necessary to repay the borrowed money used to buy positions within the force.  It is a business that derives profit through corruption and other misdeeds.  The RTP shares no similarity whatsoever with their namesakes in first world countries.

That is why you are having a problem.  You read "police" and then your westernized version of what a policemean or police force is comes to mind.  And the RTP is absolutely nothing like your preconceptions.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Lots of police in Thailand...zero policing.  The police force is a franchise business that focusses solely upon activities that derive profit.  This is necessary to repay the borrowed money used to buy positions within the force.  It is a business that derives profit through corruption and other misdeeds.  The RTP shares no similarity whatsoever with their namesakes in first world countries.

That is why you are having a problem.  You read "police" and then your westernized version of what a policemean or police force is comes to mind.  And the RTP is absolutely nothing like your preconceptions.

I've lived in Thailand 26 years and know very well all that you say, which is 100% on the ball. I just posed it as a question for which all but the greenest know the answer.???? I would also add that pretty much all Thai people share the same contempt for the RTP.

On 12/24/2022 at 10:27 AM, worgeordie said:

Then another .... then another ... until it's forgotten about .

regards Worgeordie

from the OP.

quote "Sonthaya said this was because the suspect and his gang are connected to a local journalist and a politician and the cops are scared." 

Alternatively go round to the guys place with 20 cops and simply arrest him. If he resists shoot him in the leg so that he cannot run away.

If the journalist and the politician interfere, arrest them too for interfering with police business.

Remember that there are more police than thugs in Thailand and the man at the top is the PM.