Pheu Thai Party Faces Dissolution Move Over Paetongtarn Visiting Thaksin In HK

webfact

8 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

There's always ways in Thailand to "skin a cat"!......Dissolve the PT party and problem solved.....ban their politicians...Future Forward all over again. 

And few take notice....with the exception of the odd and insignificant protest here or there. 

Lots of talk, yet no real direct action or taking a firm stance as a greater collective.

And the dictatorial oligarchy will continue on it's path as it's always done.......for ages.

Same as it ever was. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jerno said:

Surprise surprise.   Bend the laws every which way to keep power.  Pray-hoot is behind this, and he's still miffed that Yingl is not in jail.

Come on now!!! Do you honestly think he had nothing to do with getting her out of the country? Having either of them in Prison would have been such a rallying call for over half the country to focus on. This scares the hell out if the xxxxccvvccc who stole the country. Plus the ramifications from other countries including sanctions which would have followed and heaven forbid something happening to them in custody...... all the country and the world would need is that spark and the tsunami of flames would crash through the elite. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The good is democracy, free and fair elections, free press, freedom of speech, just and impartial courts…..open society.

It is myopic to allow perfect to be the enemy of progress.

That's not going to happen here.

he is described in this article as "a staunch royalist".

He also always supports establishment parties. And not th first time he attacks paentongtarn.

Some more details about his past antics, which includes suing former USA embassador, in the same article

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/royalist-mp-wants-miss-universe-thailand-punished-for-insulting-thai-flag/

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Already started… and it’s irreversible.

You are either dreaming or don't understand Thailand:-

" Free press, Free and fair elections, freedom of speech and impartial courts?"

Never been that way and won't be that way unless there is a top to bottom clear out and that isn't going to happen.

It would take a ' force of will for change that is not present in the Thai people "

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

he is described in this article as "a staunch royalist".

He also always supports establishment parties. And not th first time he attacks paentongtarn.

Some more details about his past antics, which includes suing former USA embassador, in the same article

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/royalist-mp-wants-miss-universe-thailand-punished-for-insulting-thai-flag/

Read it.

Another stupid out of touch imbecile with far too much time on his hands.

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You are either dreaming or don't understand Thailand:-

" Free press, Free and fair elections, freedom of speech and impartial courts?"

Never been that way and won't be that way unless there is a top to bottom clear out and that isn't going to happen.

It would take a ' force of will for change that is not present in the Thai people "

Inevitable, irreversible and underway.

You underestimate the Thai people - what does that say about you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Inevitable, irreversible and underway.

You underestimate the Thai people - what does that say about you?

Can you back up your fantasist statements with just one fact? 

Just one!

On 12/28/2022 at 7:00 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

In this case I guess it will be difficult to make a problem for a political party when the unofficial leader in Thailand visits the unofficial owner of the party - because he is also her father. And as far as I know there is no law against visiting a criminal father somewhere outside of Thailand.

Political parties and politicians should work for the country. They should not work for fugitive (super rich) criminals, and they should not work for foreigners. In many countries there are restrictions like that, and those restrictions make sense.

There are also restrictions on the military from mounting coups and running the country.

Guess that doesn't work here either.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:24 AM, ChrisY1 said:

There's always ways in Thailand to "skin a cat"!......Dissolve the PT party and problem solved.....ban their politicians...Future Forward all over again. 

They can keep doing this until there is a massive backlash, Thammasat massacre or Rajaprasong killings all over again.

It's coming, just keep pushing and there's bound to be the eventual reaction.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, BritScot said:

Having lived and worked in Thailand while The right full PM was elected by the people for the people in power: there was growth of 12/14%, life was good for Thai Common people and expats alike and corruption was far less. I would like to point out that I did not like him but he was great for Thailand.  Whatever the Taxins did or have done is miniscule compared to this shower. I personally know of not one officer in the British military who became a millionair on PAYE yet every Thai General seems to do it. The cardinal sin for any soldier is to overthrows a government. There is No! Excuse...

One might want to explore, deeper, contemporary Thai history before casting comparative stones. 

It all seems so familiar and repetitive over decades. 

On 12/28/2022 at 12:55 PM, MrMojoRisin said:

Keep dreaming.

Thaksin has been in exile for nearly two decades yet remains the dominant figure in any election held in Thailand.

The only option available to the establishment now is to negotiate the terms of their surrender.

In human affairs, good eventually triumphs over evil.

"Thaksin has been in exile for nearly two decades yet remains the dominant figure in any election held in Thailand."

Sure, envelopes of money left in letter boxes ...

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"Thaksin has been in exile for nearly two decades yet remains the dominant figure in any election held in Thailand."

Sure, envelopes of money left in letter boxes ...

Why persist in being dishonest?

Is it so hard to admit error and correct your position?

The forces aligned against Thaksin have vastly more money than he does.

Thaksin’s continued popularity is nothing to do with his wealth.

Those opposing Thaksin can out spend him 50 to 1 without batting an eyelid.

If all it took was envelopes of money, Thaksin would be but a distant memory.

Instead he remains unbeatable, even as he dwells in exile.

Stop with the nonsense, accept reality and start getting yourself ready for another Shinawatra PM.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

????????????

Newsflash - there was an abundance of both coups and corruption in Thailand long before Thaksin arrived on the scene.

To be so obsessed with Thaksin, to the point of willingly posting nonsense reveals a lot

????????????

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You always forget that there would have been no coups if the Shinawatras wouldn't be so corrupt and greedy.

What a load of Horlicks.

If you are going to post anything do some research first

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

Thaksin Shinawatra was born on 26 July 1949.

Thaksin entered politics in late 1994 through Chamlong Srimuang, who had just reclaimed the position of Palang Dharma Party (PDP) leader from Boonchu Rojanastien. In a subsequent purge of Boonchu-affiliated PDP cabinet ministers, Thaksin was appointed Foreign Minister in December 1994, replacing Prasong Soonsiri.[31] Thaksin left Palang Dharma along with many of its MPs in 1996, and founded the populist Thai Rak Thai (TRT) party in 1998.

He was 35 before he entered politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Military_coups_in_Thailand

The first coup was in 1933,

the next was in 1947

the next was in 1948

That makes 3 before he was even born.

The next was in 1957 

the next was in 1958 when Thaksin was 9 years old

Again in 1971 Thaksin was 22

again in 1976

again in 1977 Thaksin was 28

That makes 8 coups

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

What a load of Horlicks.

If you are going to post anything do some research first

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaksin_Shinawatra

Thaksin Shinawatra was born on 26 July 1949.

Thaksin entered politics in late 1994 through Chamlong Srimuang, who had just reclaimed the position of Palang Dharma Party (PDP) leader from Boonchu Rojanastien. In a subsequent purge of Boonchu-affiliated PDP cabinet ministers, Thaksin was appointed Foreign Minister in December 1994, replacing Prasong Soonsiri.[31] Thaksin left Palang Dharma along with many of its MPs in 1996, and founded the populist Thai Rak Thai (TRT) party in 1998.

He was 35 before he entered politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Military_coups_in_Thailand

The first coup was in 1933,

the next was in 1947

the next was in 1948

That makes 3 before he was even born.

The next was in 1957 

the next was in 1958 when Thaksin was 9 years old

Again in 1971 Thaksin was 22

again in 1976

again in 1977 Thaksin was 28

That makes 8 coups

I was referring to the last two coups. Many of us remember them because we were here at that time.

Maybe ask a few people about the coups and many will be able to tell you something - without Wikipedia or any history book.

And yes, people gave soldiers roses on the streets because people were happy Thaksin war removed. I can tell you because I was there. I didn't give them roses, I bought them some soft drinks.

w_1280

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was referring to the last two coups. Many of us remember them because we were here at that time.

Maybe ask a few people about the coups and many will be able to tell you something - without Wikipedia or any history book.

And yes, people gave soldiers roses on the streets because people were happy Thaksin war removed. I can tell you because I was there. I didn't give them roses, I bought them some soft drinks.

w_1280

They gave them roses as a token of their love, now that's full on BS. Only Royalists truly love the military my friend.

Here is an older article which explains it.

https://www.newmandala.org/the-challenges-for-thailand’s-arch-royalist-military/

More often, regal civilians have found themselves collaborating with soldiers against elected civilian rule. Indeed, Thailand’s democratic trajectory was abruptly terminated in 1947 through the joint efforts of the military and royalists.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I didn't write people gave roses to the soldiers because they love them. I wrote: "people were happy Thaksin was removed. " And that is the truth. I was there, I saw it with my own eye, and many "ordinary" people did that.

But obviously you will find some article somewhere that explains reality in a different way.

And please don't call me "my friend". I am not your friend. 

Thanks for telling me OMF but think about how i used the term "My friend" and you will see its not used as such a term.

Living here as long as I have I see things differently than you do. Having been married into a military and police family I have observed very different things in my life here as far as those who give things to the military or police.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SatEng said:

Having been here for the last two coups, I can tell you that there was a general feeling of relief in 2008 when the tanks rolled onto the streets and people were giving flowers to the military - the Thaksin regime had become so overtly corrupt that people were welcoming the change - but that was not so true on the last coup.

There will always be paranoia about Thaksin within the royalist circles, and that is not helped by him always nominating proxies to head the party - first his sister and now his daughter - but they do still have massive support in the hinterland.

I was hoping at the last election that the Future forward/Move forward part would be a decent alternative - but this was hit by the dissolution and so did not make the gains expected, but still took away a lot of support from PT.

For this election the reverse is happening and the royalist bloc is splintering - PPRP will lose badly, maybe Bhumjaithai will benefit but they will bend with whichever way the wind is blowing in order to stay in the government.

I hope that the MF party gains some strength and we do not have a government of PT and Bhumjaithai as that would be a disaster in my opinion - a return to the corruption of the old days

Nonsense.

All of the coups against elected governments had only minority support (otherwise the election outcomes would have differed ????).

If the 2008 coup was so loved, how did the situation turn so quickly into the military using live ammunition on citizens?

There was overt corruption before Thaksin, by Thaksin and after Thaksin - take your self serving nonsense elsewhere, none here are buying it.

• Like 2