registering a car i own but ex girl refuses to sign papers and hand over blue book

pleple62

Not many, I would guess she will argue it was a gift and the fact it was registered in her name supports that. You could try going to a lawyer and threatening her with court but the downsides to this are that the lawyer fees may be  expensive and there's no guarantee you will win, even if you can prove the money used to buy the car came from your account. Plus, she may not scare easily so this is a major risk. The other aspect is that this is a civil matter and the wait time to get to court will be long. Sorry I can't think of better news to give you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pleple62 said:

cheers nigel,,

that's an angle i not think,

yes , i don't think like a thai after many years,

but surely if the sales receipt i have in my name and did come from my account in thailand , the fact i can say it was not a gift, is reason enough,

again most likely the thai police will favour the thai and again i may get misinformed on process, and the confusion starts all, over 

i believe the car is now unregistered, i have possession and keys to the car its worth 190000 thb

I think you are on shaky ground with this plus the value of the vehicle is quite low so legal fees will potentially eat a good chunk of that. I like poster @salerno idea above, bribe/negotiate/threaten/extort, ask her how much she wants to sign it over but decide how much it's worth to you first. I doubt the police will be too interested in this, unless you want to incentivize them first, which will be even more expensive, chances are they will tell you to go see a lawyer.

I think if it was me and without knowing the personalities involved, I might try the direct negotiated settlement approach first. If that doesn't produce satisfactory results I might pay a lawyer  say 10k (max) to write a letter to your girlfriend threatening legal action. If that doesn't work, be prepared to walk away from it all or use the car in her name indefinitely and let her take any legal action against you.

• Like 1

omg, i'm not a thief, this is what i got with car, we went to inspection station w,they would not look at it as i did not have a certificate of residency, , explained that i owned 2 condos in thailand, nope wouldn't have it, as i was on tourist visa, so had to get in her name as i was told, then we went to locality office had all chassis and motor numbers recorded, and so it went to her name,

im just checking with the sales lady if she first put in my name as everyone in this part of BKK nonthaburi dont speak english and i stand out like dogs proverbials, on the back foot already

car rego th.jpg

6 minutes ago, pleple62 said:

omg, i'm not a thief, this is what i got with car, we went to inspection station w,they would not look at it as i did not have a certificate of residency, , explained that i owned 2 condos in thailand, nope wouldn't have it, as i was on tourist visa, so had to get in her name as i was told, then we went to locality office had all chassis and motor numbers recorded, and so it went to her name,

im just checking with the sales lady if she first put in my name as everyone in this part of BKK nonthaburi dont speak english and i stand out like dogs proverbials, on the back foot already

car rego th.jpg

Just lazy, same as Honda Big Wing Phitsanulok did not want to put in my name because it was easier to put in my gf name ????

It have nothing to do with your visa. I bought my bikes and car on exemption 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

I think you are on shaky ground with this plus the value of the vehicle is quite low so legal fees will potentially eat a good chunk of that. I like poster @salerno idea above, bribe/negotiate/threaten/extort, ask her how much she wants to sign it over but decide how much it's worth to you first. I doubt the police will be too interested in this, unless you want to incentivize them first, which will be even more expensive, chances are they will tell you to go see a lawyer.

I think if it was me and without knowing the personalities involved, I might try the direct negotiated settlement approach first. If that doesn't produce satisfactory results I might pay a lawyer  say 10k (max) to write a letter to your girlfriend threatening legal action. If that doesn't work, be prepared to walk away from it all or use the car in her name indefinitely and let her take any legal action against you.

OP has said the car is worth 20 000 and you suggest he could pay a lawyer up to 10 000 Baht to write a letter.

Sorry, that's just madness.

Edit* Sorry, just noticed OP said 190 000.

My bad.

OP should just walk away and learn by his mistake.

Edited by Will27

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

OP has said the car is worth 20 000 and you suggest he could pay a lawyer up to 10 000 Baht to write a letter.

In my version of ASEAN NOW the OP said it was worth 190,000, perhaps you're using the European version, dunno.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

In my version of ASEAN NOW the OP said it was worth 190,000, perhaps you're using the European version, dunno.

Oops, sorry mate.

Time for a coffee I think.

Edited by Will27
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Will27 said:

naaa its worth 190000 thb 40000 on the clock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pleple62 said:

car rego th.jpg

I’ve done the translation for you :

Owner : Nok

Address : White Buffalo Bar,Pattaya

You’re screwed!

• Haha 2