whats the love affair with farang's passports

bedbugy

went today to get a key deposit from my p o box I had 27 years of recipes and the 300 baht recipe she was on phone for over 10 mins then she started looking through heaps of paperwork unable to find what she was looking for I said give me my 300 baht you can do what you need to do I have things to do off she went to a computer took a scan of 27 yo receipt another 10 mins gone then back to me on phone again now there's a crowd of staff just give me my money passport she snaped you have 3 already each year you have to submit you have unable find she said passport  i said look there's 27 years of renewal
recipes i want a passport copy  so i had to return home with copy in mobile she took pic with her phone printed copy  sign here only then did she give me my money
you can't post a letter without your passport  at thai post

I am confused ... but I when to PO and they wanted to see what was inside

the Christmas cards before they would accept them , not just parcels and

yes they wanted ID ,that's official Post Offices , but this does not happen

at unofficial or agent P.O. , so if you have anything to smuggle send it from

them.....

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BigStar said:

Did you try with your pink card? Works fine in Pattaya.

Yes, I, too, just show my Thai pink ID and off my post goes, letter or box.  The only questions I get are "over night" or just registered.

EDIT:   But that was not the issue. I should not have included that.

Bedbugy, As Jerno said, punctuation and separate sentences would help.  On re-reading I think you were saying you wanted to close the PO Box you have had for 27 years and get your deposit back.  The PO wanted identification.  Over 27 years you would have had to renew your passport several times, just like the clerk said:  3 different passports on your record.  So they want to see the current one to identify you are you before giving YOUR money to someone else.  Right?

Edited by cnx1204
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

too easy, some people just like to make life difficult for themselves. 

Perhaps communicate by e.mail, free, instantaneous, can corrrect immediately if some misunderstanding, portable, easy to add photos/videos, fun!

Edited by scorecard

15 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Funniest is roadblock cops taking your passport, pretending to scrutinize it and handing it back to you. No idea what they're looking at or for.

why would you even give it to them?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2023 at 9:31 PM, SuperSilverHaze said:

Funniest is roadblock cops taking your passport, pretending to scrutinize it and handing it back to you. No idea what they're looking at or for.

-

Edited by scorecard

On 12/31/2022 at 9:21 AM, BenCrew said:

'Recipes' ? ???? That must be the worst attempt at spelling 'receipts' that I 've ever seen! 

I was so confused I though he was talking about 27 years of old recipes, ???? and then give me my 300 baht ? ????

On 12/30/2022 at 11:11 AM, bedbugy said:

I said give me my 300 baht you can do what you need to do