POLL: Do you think Brexit is a success or failure?

Scott

Do you think Brexit is a success or a failure?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

It wasn't how many EU citizens left the UK when Brexit happened. Many left during the pandemic BEFORE Brexit happened.

Eddie : How Many ?

The Pandemic came AFTER   Brexit , No one could have left during the pandemic before Brexit, because the Pandemic happened a few weeks AFTER Brexit had happened 

3 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I'm going to upset the purists that need links to everything and don't accept personal experiences here but,

No need to be concerned, I for one prefer peoples personal experiences and I don't ask for links . 

Maybe its the people living abroad that don't like to hear about personal experiences in the UK and they prefer to get their information from biased news sources ?

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No need to be concerned, I for one prefer peoples personal experiences and I don't ask for links . 

Maybe its the people living abroad that don't like to hear about personal experiences in the UK and they prefer to get their information from biased news sources ?

Of course you prefer alleged experiences as you cannot refute the fact based reports showing evidence on the negative impact brexit has had upon the U.K. economy. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RayC said:

An analogy: I knew a bloke smoked 40+/ day, lived to be 90. Who says smoking is bad for you? Must be these bias news sources.

Not at all.

What it does show, to those who can think for themselves, is that personal experiences show that what we read may not be true to everyone.

Polls have been mentioned on here many times. Some posters using them to try to prove a point. I did a poll of 5 EU citizens I work with. They all said Brexit was not an issue with them as they had the correct documentation and made the applications they needed to in plenty of time.

So, what is so different? The polls are published and there is a link. Is there a link to each individual that was polled? NO. Do we know they said what the poll said? NO. Are polls to be believed? If they are then surely my poll should be too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Eddie : How Many ?

The Pandemic came AFTER   Brexit , No one could have left during the pandemic before Brexit, because the Pandemic happened a few weeks AFTER Brexit had happened 

The Brexit vote was determined in June 2016. The date that Brexit came into full effect and UK immigration rules changed, was 1st January 2021. At this time EU citizens had to apply to live in the UK unless they already had settled status. Quite some time after the first wave of Covid-19 pandemic which started in early 2020 forcing workplace closures and lockdowns. This caused many citizens around the world to flee to their home countries and travel restrictions prevented many from returning.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

Not at all.

What it does show, to those who can think for themselves, is that personal experiences show that what we read may not be true to everyone.

Polls have been mentioned on here many times. Some posters using them to try to prove a point. I did a poll of 5 EU citizens I work with. They all said Brexit was not an issue with them as they had the correct documentation and made the applications they needed to in plenty of time.

So, what is so different? The polls are published and there is a link. Is there a link to each individual that was polled? NO. Do we know they said what the poll said? NO. Are polls to be believed? If they are then surely my poll should be too. 

Anyone with a passing knowledge of statistics (sampling/ survey design) will know that you cannot possibly draw any conclusions from a (non-randomised) sample size of 4 when the total population  - # of EU nationals living in the UK - is 3.9million!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, puchooay said:

Not at all.

Your "poll" is not a poll, it's an anecdote. The right wing cling to them because they don't have a lot of credible evidence.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your "poll" is not a poll, it's an anecdote. The right wing cling to them because they don't have a lot of credible evidence.

Deleted , 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
could nt be be bothered going on about the left wing and the right wing again 

54 minutes ago, RayC said:

Anyone with a passing knowledge of statistics (sampling/ survey design) will know that you cannot possibly draw any conclusions from a (non-randomised) sample size of 4 when the total population  - # of EU nationals living in the UK - is 3.9million!

Same as the poll that the remainers were all over because they liked it. I believe the sample was 1000. What's the population of UK?

Anyway, you are 20% out.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

After nearly 50 years in then the true success (or not) of Brexit cannot be fairly measured until a similar period has passed. On the bright side, that means most of us won't have to worry about the answer.

The time it takes to determine a decision was a mistake is not related to anything other than the outcome of the decision.

On another bright side, Brexit supporters are ‘fading away’ faster than are Remain supporters.

You should give up all hope of 50 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The time it takes to determine a decision was a mistake is not related to anything other than the outcome of the decision.

On another bright side, Brexit supporters are ‘fading away’ faster than are Remain supporters.

You should give up all hope of 50 years.

There is no mention in the poll about mistakes.

The question is whether Brexit is a success or failure. 

Something that is impossible to answer in its entirety right now.

How long until we will know? It's,a piece of string.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

There is no mention in the poll about mistakes.

The question is whether Brexit is a success or failure. 

Something that is impossible to answer in its entirety right now.

How long until we will know? It's,a piece of string.

And a clear majority regard it a failure, results above.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Erroneously, as I pointed out. It cannot be deemed a failure as it, currently, is infinite. 

Should it come to an end, UK rejoin???, everyone can then look back and comment.

Nope, we can comment on the negative impact brexit is having on the uk economy whenever it is relevant to a thread.

• Like 1