Thai immigration chief says no truth to social media rumors his men are bent - thanks Chuwit

snoop1130

1 hour ago, proton said:

Either assisting hand holding applicants quite legally or more often with bribes to circumvent the law. I would prefer it if they took money off people over the counter for doing the same thing, just cut out the visa middle man.

There's already an above board way to pay your way out of visa inconvenience

Elite Visa will hand hold you every step of the way.... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, proton said:

About what do enlighten us, sounds like you are a supporter of corruption then?

I'm not a supporter of corruption, but if anyone has used corruption on me I will do so back if I think I will get away with it.

ie I do not agree with motorbikes over about 250cc not being allowed on some carriageway, so I always have 400Bt in my pocket in case a policeman stops me, done it a good few times over the years and only been stopped once, and it ended with a handshake.

Edited by NoshowJones

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

So all those dozens of visa agents who daily populate the Immigration department with stacks of applications from different people are what exactly?...

all "volunteers" not remunerated for such services 555

4 hours ago, digbeth said:

even here on this forum there're members who insist that agents 'convincing' the IO to not look too closely at the 800,000 seasoning in what appears to be a bank passbook is totally not a bribe 

Mate, you need to understand the requirements, before posting, you do NOT need 800,000 baht, there are other LEGAL options.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

So all those dozens of visa agents who daily populate the Immigration department with stacks of applications from different people are what exactly?...

Well he did specifically say 'Visa on Arrival' money which is just at the airport and does not involve agents (as far as I know).