Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Dozens of posts and links indicate that they reduce the prospect of serious illness, a benefit that you have obviously enjoyed.

also enjoyed without the need for the vaccine too  

had my first covid before vaccines became available to us dirty farangs 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Just when you think this country couldn't get any more stupid ... they always prove you wrong.

Have a look beyond your favorite drinking hole. The whole world is introducing restrictions of some sort on Chinese travelers. Irresponsible of China to unleash unknown strains on the world, like they did a few short years ago.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KhonKaenLive said:

I wonder if living here and returning from your home country would be different...

I believe it would not. The point of the requirement for all travellers is to not be seen to discriminate. You could easily pick up an infection no matter where you went.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

glad to see the final demolition of the tourist sector. in the covid time I had the best and cheapest holidays for many weeks in Phuket, 500 baht per day for really beautiful hotels, I live in Isaan

this country deserves no tourists, I hope the rest of the world will stay away for longer time, otherwise they will never learn how to run a country or get rid of this evil government.

maybe painful times will show them the right way

• Like 2

Just now, luckyblock token said:

glad to see the final demolition of the tourist sector. in the covid time I had the best and cheapest holidays for many weeks in Phuket, 500 baht per day for really beautiful hotels, I live in Isaan

this country deserves no tourists, I hope the rest of the world will stay away for longer time, otherwise they will never learn how to run a country or get rid of this evil government.

maybe painful times will show them the right way

Tourists are like ants all over Pattaya right now.

14 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Isn't that mostly down to the previous lifting of restrictions? That could change fast now. Just saying.

Could have been largely due to the quarantine at high rates. I doubt that they will go that far again since they now have high rates of vaccinations. My own return was timed when we could escape from Australia and return without quarantine.

20 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

The shots and boosters are not supposed to give you immunity.  They are supposed to prevent serious and lethal illness.  You need to keep getting them because they wane in effectiveness after a while.

You need to read the medical reports now coming out because the figures are showing the opposit. Here is a figure to look up 1 in 800 and that is in the uk and USA's injury figures......

3 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Theoretically yes, in practise probably the chance is very very low. If you have already built up antibody resistance via jabs and by catching covid previously, your immune system will deal with the virus very effectively in short timescales which means the window in which you could transmit the virus to others, is very small. The problem comes in when a person catches the virus and doesn't have effective antibody resistance and struggles for weeks whilst their immune system deals with it, that window for transmission is much larger. and longer

I am a bit concerned as I have had no vaccines and never caught covid.  If all these Chinese are going to be infected and spread it around that's not good. 

3 minutes ago, BritScot said:

You need to read the medical reports now coming out because the figures are showing the opposit. Here is a figure to look up 1 in 800 and that is in the uk and USA's injury figures......

That 1 in 800 figures represents mostly unvaccinated people in the US who died.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status?country=~50%2B

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

I am a bit concerned as I have had no vaccines and never caught covid.  If all these Chinese are going to be infected and spread it around that's not good. 

My wife and I have had four vaccinations each and we both caught covid two months ago. It was very mild and cleared up in seven days. You have a choice.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Please cite "the medical reports," explain what you mean by "the opposite," and what you are referring to as "1 in 800."