No Suspected Sex Workers Found During Pattaya Tourist Police’s Inspection, According to Police

webfact

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thats ten years worth of one liner jokes about there being no prostitution in Pattaya .

Endless witty responses of "Eh, buts there's no prostitution in Pattaya , the policeman said so"

No illegal prostition.  They are all legal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think in theory they are probably right.

I guess to be sure prostitution is going on they must have seen two or more people having sex with each other and exchanging money.

I think in my 20 years in Thailand I also never saw this happening in the streets.

I also never saw a sign like: pay amount x for sex 

There were girls who told me: I want to go with you.

Even some who told me: I want to f@%# you.

But hey, that what happens to handsome men. 

It is a cross we have to bear for the betterment of Mankind.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya Tourist Police were satisfied after finding no illegal 'good looking' prostitutes during yesterday’s tour around risky spots.

At , that time of night (midnight) I dare say the story needs correcting, so i have. The good looking ones are probably staring at the light fittings or the headboard

• Like 1

These sudden street inspections are nothing new. They do it as a PR stunt for the cops .  Concerned citizens are worried? These so called citizens are not from Pattaya but they make a good living selling goods and services to Isan/korat Thais who work in the massive bar prostitution industry in Pattaya. There will be 30,000 hookers  there by late this year.

The police could have had an early night. Illegal or otherwise, prostitutes as obvious anyone would know, are around Beach Road and bars in Pattaya from lunch time onwards. 

My experience is limited in Pattaya, having only visited there a few times and staying in accommodation but how people who are trained to observe such things and not see them is a little baffling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess to be sure prostitution is going on they must have seen two or more people having sex with each other and exchanging money.

I think in my 20 years in Thailand I also never saw this happening in the streets.

Even some who told me: I want to <deleted> you.

I believe you are correct, but what are the 'bar fines' for?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Even some who told me: I want to <deleted> you.

Good catch on the subtle nuance of Thailands' social policing where prostitution isn't openly being conducted. There's no pimps and there's no ho's.

However, solicitation is a completely different bowl of somtam but that's not what Pattaya's finest were looking for.

31 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

The police could have had an early night. Illegal or otherwise, prostitutes as obvious anyone would know, are around Beach Road and bars in Pattaya from lunch time onwards. 

My experience is limited in Pattaya, having only visited there a few times and staying in accommodation but how people who are trained to observe such things and not see them is a little baffling. 

Ahhh, grasshopper...

• Haha 1