US man meets top lawyer after 13 MB Porsche from luxury showroom proves to be a dud

webfact

7 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

US taxes on worldwide income (i.e. including foreign)... regardless of being a US resident or not, he must file annually and he must report all include and it is taxable.  Most banks now require US citizens to give them their SSN and report that back to the US (FATCA).  Thailand is one of the countries that has an agreement with the US.  (most countries you don't get taxed if you are a non-resident citizen)

America is a nightmare country in all respects. Thank god Im not american

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 2baht said:

Oh come on Kyle, It's only 13 million baht! 

How can you become a millionaire (well, with 1.5m) in Thailand? - You arrive as a multimillionaire, and forfeit 88.5% to a very happy car dealer, who gives you a big 'wai' for your generosity, after you return the car...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

I suppose you could buy 13 Toyota Vigos new for that kind of money. What is the expression: a fool and their money are easily parted! Also Thailand is a bit weak on consumer law, so tough luck!

Edited by MaiChai
  • Thanks 1

"top lawyer" decha ... My loony bin ex wife retained this bulldog lawyer in her custody fight against me in family court. He was outrageous, loud and aggressive and the judges reprimanded him again and again. 

Fortunately my deranged ex wife falsely thought he was colluding with me and my lawyers to lose the case, so she fired him and filed a complaint against him with the Thai bar association to have his license revoked. Now he's countersued her for million and millions for sullying his reputation. .

He's not a good lawyer though. He's a loud mouth. 

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

America is a nightmare country in all respects. Thank god Im not american

I once knew a yank working here, he was putting all the funds into his GF's account, did 120k USD in one year.

Didn't declare or pay a bean.

Edited by Jenkins9039

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are you suggesting that the dealer has an obligation to refund the price of a used car?  Why?  The car should have a Porsche warranty that should sort out a legitimate car with legitimate problems.

Yes, absolutely. When selling a luxury product service is paramount. The dealer should have done everything in his power to make things right, including intervening with Porsche. 

Being lazy, slothful, greedy and possessing no initiative are not excuses for anything. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/17/2023 at 2:19 PM, Robin said:

Just because the man is a "Tick Tok Star" does not mean that he is not entitled to justice when being sold a bad second -hand car.  If the dealer managed to unload a 'dog' onto the unfortunate man, the dealer should make some recompense.

I was always told that Porsches do not break down.

He's an idiot!

3 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

He's a foreigner and he's succumbed to the Thai state of mind.

That is true all over the world..  Personally when I see things like this in Thailand I think "Sucker".  

But, I totally agree with you.

Edited by Gknrd

3 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

Personally I always chuckle when I am there and see a faring driving a Benz or high dollar car around.  But, what ever makes them happy I guess.   A chick magnet I guess.. 

Personally, I always chuckle when I read such comments from those who judge and project the reasons they imagine

... what you are saying interprets as >>>  you lack game and if you could afford a nice car you’d get one because you think it would help you pick up chicks !!!  but you can’t, so can only assume that those in such positions act as you would !!! 

Some guys must feel so inferior when the see another guy in a nice car that they can’t help themselves from making jealous comments... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:
3 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

He's a foreigner and he's succumbed to the Thai state of mind.

What, exactly, is the "Thai state of mind" that he has succumbed to? 

The man bought a sports car, nothing more, nothing less. 

Some guys are jealous but are so flawed they could never admit that.... 

I see a guy in a nice car and think... good on you fella.. enjoy it !!!... 

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Do you chuckle with jealousy? What's wrong with driving a nice car if you can afford it? I like cars and I buy as nice as I can afford (I can't afford 13m baht though, although I would love be able to).

Do you also chuckle when you see someone who lives in a nice house?

Do you chuckle when you see someone eat at a nice restaurant?

Do you chuckle at people who take exotic holidays?

Actually if a farang I do chuckle if in a nice house if he bought it.  If renting then ok.

Restaurant , no

Holidays, no

What does that have to do with Idiots being cars like this in pot hole heaven.. Idiots will be idiots.  And the Thai's will extract their money with pleasure.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Personally, I always chuckle when I read such comments from those who judge and project the reasons they imagine

... what you are saying interprets as >>>  you lack game and if you could afford a nice car you’d get one because you think it would help you pick up chicks !!!  but you can’t, so can only assume that those in such positions act as you would !!! 

Some guys must feel so inferior when the see another guy in a nice car that they can’t help themselves from making jealous comments... 

Get a kick out of comments like this.. Lack of game in Thailand 55555.. Pussy capital of the world.. Actually it is the opposite IMHO.. If you are driving a car like this in Thailand you are an idiot and don't have game..

• Haha 1