Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you have evidence showing it wasn't...?

The contributions given by her Foundation are clearly on the website to who and how much.

This includes donations given to the Foundation from prize money, sale of her books or her personal TV appearances.

https://thegretathunbergfoundation.org/where-the-money-goes

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you have evidence showing it wasn't...?

It's incumbent upon the person making the allegation of malfeasance to prove that funds have been misused. It's obviously ridiculous to ask someone to prove a negative. And given that Thunberg is Target A for the climate change denialist movement, if she had misappropriated those funds, somebody most likely would have cottoned on to it by now.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

It's incumbent upon the person making the allegation of malfeasance to prove that funds have been misused. It's obviously ridiculous to ask someone to prove a negative. And given that Thunberg is Target A for the climate change denialist movement, if she had misappropriated those funds, somebody most likely would have cottoned on to it by now.

Are you saying charity head honcho's take nothing...?

And hey, I am not a climate change denier or anything else, I am posting on a chat forum, and now off to watch some telly...... Adios (for now)     :stoner:

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you saying charity head honcho's take nothing...?

And hey, I am not a climate change denier or anything else, I am posting on a chat forum, and now off to watch some telly...... Adios (for now)     :stoner:

I'm not saying it. The official report from the Greta Thunberg Foundation said it. In a legally required annual report.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What you find credible or not is of no importance to me. Carry on.

And yet you think the inverse is the case?  I don't know why you felt it necessary to respond.  You asked me a question, which is why I replied to you and pointed out that your claims are not fooling your audience (me).  If you don't care about that it's on you.  And I will carry on.  I don't need your permission.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 9:58 PM, Lucky Bones said:

Talking about it is great. But, Thailand excels at talking about corruption yet nobody, right from the boss man down does anything.????????

Thais talking about corruption:  "But he got more than me!  This isn't fair!"

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

What about us that are not right wing and don't like her, Harry or Markel et al?

Im not sure now, but dont you bash me for saying Obama was a good president, and constantly advocate for Trump? 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im not sure now, but dont you bash me for saying Obama was a good president, and constantly advocate for Trump? 

I don't remember if I "bashed" you personally for anything, but I can't say much about Obama or Trump on this thread without getting deleted for off topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Greta Thunberg on Abu Dhabi’s oil chief leading COP28 climate summit: ‘Completely ridiculous’

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg on Thursday became the latest vocal critic of the United Arab Emirates’ decision to name the head of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) as president of this year’s COP28 climate summit.

Asked her view on the appointment during a panel at the World Economic Forum in Davos, she said, “Lobbyists have been influencing these conferences since forever, and this just puts a very clear face to it... it’s completely ridiculous.”

The presidency has sparked a torrent of criticism from climate activists and civil society organizations since its mid-January announcement, the UAE, one of the world’s top oil producers, will host the U.N.-led climate summit from Nov. 30 to Dec. 12, 2023.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/19/greta-thunberg-on-uae-oil-ceo-leading-cop28-completely-ridiculous.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I'm reminded of Martin Luthor King by this comment.

Yes, the only difference is that you are talking about a grown up intelligent and educated man. I am talking about a youngster that would do anything just for another 15 minutes of fame.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Thumbs Up 2