Bank, staff and daughter ordered to return 200 MB to grandmother - a wake up call to banks not to trust their staff, says lawyer

webfact

2 hours ago, Joseph98765 said:

every single thing here is about money, true... even the girls who are with 75 years old men and when they are having a meal she even don't look at his face (playing with her new iPhone that he bought ) when he is talking..but when the bill comes...she pass it to him.

That says more about you, where you socialize and who you hang out with. 

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The daughter would have got a proportion of the money when Mum kicked it anyway.

Bht 207 M is a LOT of money for an older lady to have sitting in the bank.

It's a lot for anyone to have sitting in the bank - $A9,000,000 (Australian)!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So much for this one Thai respecting her elder, she is not representative of Thais in general.

Indeed. 

It's like me watching the Netflix thing about Jeffrey Dahmer and saying, "so much for Yanks only eating animals". 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

But the woman should have lost her job. Why did you back down?!

She was the friend of the director of the school my daughter was at. I actually got fired for revealing the crime but I thought if I took it further it wouldn't be good on my daughter's education. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Yes I referenced that at the end of my post ....why no criminal charges ,

as it looks to me a few have been committed.

Things like that only happen if a complaint is made to the police.

The question of why no complaint was made would have a few interesting answers methinks.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, shackleton said:

The sum of money involved is eye watering 

But when greed is involved there is no honour amongst  thieves ???? 

Family included ????

.....what was it Buddha taught???? Take only what's offered?............Nah, could'nt be!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

There should be prison time for the criminals. This is a major problem with Justice in Thailand. It seems the Judges don't punish many criminals, they just try to return things the way were before the crime. There should be major punitive damages awarded.

46 minutes ago, Spock said:

Surely it's a criminal offence. They should not only be out of work but in prison.

I think the daughter got 20 years if you look at the original Web page.. Not sure about the others. That's a lot of laundry sacks to sew.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No doubt the apologists will be here to defend this but from my opinion of 20 years within Thailand, when it comes to money many people have little morals. This story just highlights this and confirms what I have seen and know.

From my experience, there are mostly small scammers in Thailand. Sometimes fun to watch how inexperienced they are. Nothing compared to those in the western world. That's where the biggest scammers are. Bernie Madoff for instance. But their are countless others. Some of them are even big companies. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So much for Thais respecting their elders.

One wonders if the daughter will wash the mothers feet and hair during this years Songkran festival or whether she will be washing someone else's from inside a prison.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joseph98765 said:

every single thing here is about money, true... even the girls who are with 75 years old men and when they are having a meal she even don't look at his face (playing with her new iPhone that he bought ) when he is talking..but when the bill comes...she pass it to him.

And he pays handing the bill folder to a member of staff. Yet when the change, if any, comes the staff pass it to her. That really pisses me off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

And he pays handing the bill folder to a member of staff. Yet when the change, if any, comes the staff pass it to her. That really pisses me off. 

she might ask the staff to inflate the bill and get more change than deserved.