Agent claims Immigration want to see 800k in bank book plus letter to transfer retirement extension to new passport.

10 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I recently had stamps transferred to a new UK passport at CW, supported by an embassy letter supplied by VFS. Nothing else required.

When. 

"Nothing else required"? 

At the very least normally some pages of old pp required. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 1/20/2023 at 6:24 PM, mokwit said:

Ok just come from my agent: Imm are insisting on seeing "funds" [800k?] in the bank for two months before the transfer of stamps (no it wasn't likely in The Royal gazette). I reiterate that I am outside the two month before renewal window. Agent agreed there is no such regulation, which will catch many out if universally applied - I had the good fortune to have 800k left in that account all year - remember this is through an agent who "facilitates" things."

Basically inventing a rule that will catch out a lot of people if it is 800k not 400k they want to see. Will do a standalone thread in due course to warn others.

People miss the last sentence in list of requirements. The immigration officer can ask for any information he deams necessary to complete immigration process.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When. 

"Nothing else required"? 

At the very least normally some pages of old pp required. 

I suspect normal data page of both passports, original visa, current extension of stay and a short form requesting was required.  OP had extension on basis of money in bank account and also being asked to provide proof funds at required level for previous two months.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are some agents that only help people to do the application and accompany the person doing it to immigration that are legitimate.

All other agents that do not accompany  applicants are therefore illegitimate ?

That seems hard to believe .

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I suspect normal data page of both passports, original visa, current extension of stay and a short form requesting was required.

Yes I know what is required ....

I was replying to the guy that stated this ......

"I recently had stamps transferred to a new UK passport at CW, supported by an embassy letter supplied by VFS. Nothing else required" 

First up there are other things required as you pointed out.

Also there is now more than one post apart from the OP , stating that for using money in bank method that now CW are requiring bank account details for stamp transfer. 

If this is across the board at CW then that's a new requirement.

Something that I certainly did not provide some time ago. 

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If this is across the board at CW then that's a new requirement.

Something that I certainly did not provide some time ago. 

Seems it is very recent or is random - maybe just one supervisor at one set of desks and some on here went to those desks and others didn't? I thought because I was using an agent there might have been an assumption that there was "facilitation" of my extension and thus further "facilitation" could be asked, and the agents asking who did my extension (me) supports that, but others are saying they did everything themselves and got asked. The agents reaction to my "huh?" was "look it's not me, they are asking for more and more documents now" Maybe we are at the start of a new round of tightening.

Edited by mokwit

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Seems it is random - maybe just one supervisor at one set of desks?

That's certainly possible.

Guess need to keep eye on future reports at CW. 

Maybe just one chap/woman io on a power trip. 

Being a stamp clerk can't be too much fun. 

On 1/20/2023 at 5:27 PM, mokwit said:

It could be that staff at one branch could be that thick and require you to try another branch, but you are right, the visa in the old passport is the valid visa, and the new passport is the passport.

Indeed yes. I experienced just that twice wanting a new ATM card for an out of province ( Pattaya ) account. Sub branch in shopping mall in Bangkok: so sorry cannot.  You need money now? Oh yes! I've just arrived. OK. Can do over the counter with fee. Then same in another mall sub branch in Kalasin city. So sorry cannot. You must go to your out of province branch that holds the account. (Although previously they had no issues doing just that for me there). But, you know, no point in arguing the point is there? 

Well that's a bit of a trip I thought. I'll try the main branch in Kalasin first.

No problem sir and let's just check we are all up to date with your passport and contact details too as you've been away nearly 2 years.. 

Took a while and alot of paperwork and signatures as per usual. 

So I think staff in sub branches often either don't know what to do or simply cannot not be bothered with the hassle for them. He's a farang so give him a sweet smile and say sorry and he'll go away.

As for transferring immigration stamps from an old passport to a new one I simply presented my cancelled passport with the permission and the entry stamps in plus my new passport to Immigration at Suvarnabhumi. No problem no comment. Entry stamp in new passport. Then had the transfer done some months later at the same time as applying to renew the extension.

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You claimed that "Cash deposits require ID also now." I would assume that this is probably based on your personal experience. I have not said you are making a false statement. However, your experience, like mine, is not empirical.

"...your experience, like mine, is not empirical".

Incorrect, once again, my information is empirical. 

It was announced by the AMLO that from November '22, to combat money laundering, cash deposit machines would require the user to insert an ATM card so that they could be identified if necessary as previously CDMs could be used just by typing in the destination account number, i.e. the cash depositor was anonymous.   Alternatively, the depositor, from November, could provide their ID card number or phone number.   

The same announcement also indicated that cash deposits at the counter would require ID.   That's empirical.

23 hours ago, sandyf said:
On 1/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

A passport full of stamps with no more space does not "end" or become invalid.  A PP's expiry date is the expiry date shown in the PP! 

Are you saying it could still be used for extensions?

There was a reason I put "end" in quotes.

No, I did not say that.  I wrote that a passport full of stamps does not become invalid.  There was a reason that I wrote that.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are some agents that only help people to do the application and accompany the person doing it to immigration that are legitimate.

Possibly some of the smaller ones only do this for 1,000 baht or so. The ones that charge 15,000 baht are bribing rogue immigration officers. 

I'd be surprised if this type ONLY do the form filling and accompanying.

I'd stand corrected if you could give me the contact details of a legitimate visa agent. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Possibly some of the smaller ones only do this for 1,000 baht or so. The ones that charge 15,000 baht are bribing rogue immigration officers.

All (vast majority) of agents do both. 

So naive. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, mokwit said:

Maybe we are at the start of a new round of tightening.

Caused by so many illegals using agents.  

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You don't seem to realise that the whole Immigration office is involved, there's no rogue immigration officer, it's a win win for everyone involved

It's not a win win for those that need to show extra requirements when doing it legally. Those that don't satisfy immigration requirements, or have more money than sense to avoid a queue, are causing the widespread corruption in the immigration police. Corruption is not OK just because many do it! 

Still waiting for the name and contact number of an agent that isn't breaking the law.  

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

All of them .

ThaiVisaCentre in Bangkok and Maneerat in Pattaya and the many others.

Looks totally legal to me -  ever wonder why these agents don't have real contacts?

The raid, this week, on the property, led police to discover a range of 55 rubber stamps used to forge official documents and purporting to be authentic stamps associated with government departments and agencies.

-  https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2020/08/05/american-thai-wife-arrested-operating-an-illegal-visa-business-in-bangkok-using-fake-stamps/

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Nothing came of it and you know it. 

All of this off topic.

Your bias is boring. 

I just contacted Maneerat and they said they could give me a retirement visa, even though I have no funds, if I pay them 25,000 baht! 

Come on, are you really saying this is not breaking the law?

Again, waiting for the name of a legal visa agent. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Come on, are you really saying this is not breaking the law?

Yes. 

In any event the threads are not about the legality of agents.

Sadly some folk get into this boring topic. 

The thread is actually about CW requirement to view bank book when transferring stamps..

Stick to the OP

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. 

In any event the threads are not about the legality of agents.

Sadly some folk get into this boring topic. 

The thread is actually about CW requirement to view bank book when transferring stamps..

Stick to the OP

Strange how the first two agents you gave showed up immediately on google. 

This is a serious topic, as many foreigners think these agents are legal, which they obviously aren't. Granted, they don't get charged as they are paying tea money to senior police, but trust me, this can change quickly when new officers/government come to power. 

On 1/23/2023 at 10:05 AM, JimmyJ said:
On 1/23/2023 at 9:06 AM, NanLaew said:

I have only had to present my living and breathing body, my account pass book and the 20 baht handling charge.

What bank charges 20 B to depisit?

Follow the thread.

Bangkok Bank charges a commission to take a cash deposit into one's Bangkok Bank saving account if the deposit is not being made at the same branch of Bangkok Bank that holds the account.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...your experience, like mine, is not empirical".

Incorrect, once again, my information is empirical. 

It was announced by the AMLO that from November '22, to combat money laundering, cash deposit machines would require the user to insert an ATM card so that they could be identified if necessary as previously CDMs could be used just by typing in the destination account number, i.e. the cash depositor was anonymous.   Alternatively, the depositor, from November, could provide their ID card number or phone number.   

The same announcement also indicated that cash deposits at the counter would require ID.   That's empirical.

All this empirical talk while I made a cash deposit into my own account without providing any sort of personal ID at the Bangkok Bank, Central Plaza, Udon Thani branch just last December?

That's December 2022 BTW, a month after the AMLO thingmie.

Anyway, we are off topic, same as the attendant visa agent legality gurners, .

Edited by NanLaew

Yes, bank book required for transfer of stamps at CW. At least sometimes. 

A friend of mine had his stamps for retirement extension transferred to his new passport today at CW.

They required his bank book  (preferably an updated one). He had it  (because I told him), otherwise they would have sent him home.

(As posted above, I had the same experience last year. I was sent home because I didn't bring my bank book.)

Edited by Lorry
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

What????

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

... Bangkok Bank charges a commission to take a cash deposit into one's Bangkok Bank saving account if the deposit is not being made at the same branch of Bangkok Bank that holds the account.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:
On 1/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, any counter transaction when the passport has to be presented.  Cash deposits require ID also now.

Except I deposited 300k last week in two different banks and not asked for so while you are correct it's not always a practice

...and thus NOT empirical.

Who knows, I may want to drop some cash in my account tomorrow and the teller will ask to see my passport. Still not empirical.

YMMV

TiT

Edited by NanLaew

I finished transferring my retirement visa extension and multiple entry permit to my new US passport today at CW.  During my 90-day report last month I got the transfer form from the information desk. On the back side of the form there is a list of docs needed for transferring stamps.  8 items; nothing about the bank book is mentioned.  After arriving at CW I went to the document check desk where I presented everything including my bankbook which I had updated the day before (thanks to this thread).  I was quickly informed that I needed to have the bank book updated to today's date AND that I needed to provide a them with a photocopy.  I resisted the urge to point out that the bank book was not on their list of required doc's. Luckily the bank branch downstairs was able to perform the simple update quickly. No letter from the bank was needed.

From there everything went as smoothly as anything else I've done at CW.  The on-topic info in this thread saved me from having to make a return trip to CW and a lot of aggravation.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

I was quickly informed that I needed to have the bank book updated to today's date AND that I needed to provide a them with a photocopy

Bummer. 

So that's another added requirement for stamp transfer at CW. 

Thanks for trip report. 

Hopefully the word will spread. 

Bunch of bleep. 

Edited by DrJack54