British diving instructor found dead on Thailand’s Koh Tao under ‘mysterious’ circumstances

webfact

6 hours ago, dkg224 said:

ok ya buddy i'm sure you know this haha 

I lived in koh Tao on and off for 10 years with 2 businesses there.  First i'll tell you never have I or anyone I know been approached by the so called "Mafia" or police asking for money or any other type of extortion.  Never any problems with safety for me and my family.

Now its sad that he died, i know him in passing but not personally.  So the "paramedics" that showed up would be koh tao rescue.  The head medic is a women from England.  There is also another western medic who works with them.  The head medic was friends with Neil, so even if she wasn't on the call to respond she would know exactly what was found and investigated at the scene.  No way no how would any of these people be "in on the coverup".  And yes his body was sent for an Autospy.

And another topic i see here is about dive instructors being very fit.  Let me tell you, many instructors drink and party daily, then go diving in the morning.  Many i would classify as alcoholics, start drinking beers as soon as they are back from the afternoon dives and continue on into the night at the beach bars.  Neil, i don't know how he lived his life so i cant comment to that.  

In the interest of full disclosure can you tell us if you have a diving business on the island or any link to one?

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Hell im a divemaster. I dive a lot seems you got a different idea bout dive instructors then i do. Especially the ones working on the holliday islands. Do you actually dive and hang out with these people ? Because I do and there is nothing special about their fitness. 

Most divers I know have alcohol problems.

Just now, Neeranam said:

Most divers I know have alcohol problems.

Maybe says more about you and your friends ????

I guess Pattaya and Patong divers fits the majority you describe, but still quite harsh statement.

7 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

You have said that a good few times... give us a clue will you , so that i may know what  country not to die suddenly in that's not up to accepted normal medical procedure. 

I'll hazzard a guess - "the Low Countries".  Euthanasia is legal there too.  They have a rather cavalier attitude to death.  I should know.  I live there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PJ71 said:

He was a diving instructor, you'd need to have a above average level of fitness to do that.

Did you miss that bit in the article or do you think that's 'speculation' too?

Undiagnosed heart disease can take lives of sports men and women. So it can't be ruled out, unless he has regular heart checks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robblok said:

British tabloids, i mean all the other deaths have nothing to do with this but are mentioned for the story. People die in their sleep its not strange thing. I don't expect an autopsy if i die in my sleep and there is no sign of violence.

This sounds a lot like a storm a teacup.  

What at the tell tale signs of someone who dies in their sleep? Police and Para medics can not ascertain the cause of death. 

40 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I worked in the oil industry in Aberdeen so actually quite a lot. They also could never drink a lot, something to do with the decompression. 

Comparing Sat Divers to rec dive trainers on holiday islands is apples to oranges.

I know several sat divers still working offshore including North Sea and not one of them has what I would consider to be a 'drink problem'.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alex8912 said:

He looks waaay over 48 to me or he's done drinking and drugs before in his life. Those wrinkles look like he's 64/65 at least. Surprised no one else mentioned this. 

Being constantly immersed in salt water is not good for the skin ????.  Also, I read that he smoked.

• Like 1

It is a well established fact that most police here are compromised and highly partial to events and perpetrators, depending on their wealth and status. That is put to the extreme on a filthy, spectacularly corrupt place like Dark Tao. Five families run the place and have gained massive fortunes largely from illegal land sales. They are untouchable. The local cops cater to them, the regional authorities won't touch them, and even the army won't get involved. So, they are fully and totally protected, and don't have the good sense to banish family members who are committing major crimes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tjo o tjim said:

That family left the island several years ago; the one brother or cousin with a resort named after him is still around, but he was never the problem.  

What about the two original suspects in the Miller murders , the two brothers , one who was in Bangkok at the time and the other one had nothing to do with it , the two suspects before the real killers were found, the two Burmese boys .

Are the two Thai suspects still on the island ?