Using my disability card from Europe at immigration

Gday

I m 50 % disabled confirmed by my disability id card. Thus im not able to stand a long time in a que.

Hence does immigration take NOTICE of such disabilities for example to give preference when applying for extension matters?

Wbr

Roobaa01

Edited by roobaa01

26 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

I m 50 % disabled confirmed by my disability id card. Thus im not able to stand a long time in a que.

Hence does immigration take NOTICE of such disabilities for example to give preference when applying for extension matters?

I don't KNOW, but Thai authorities recognise very few foreign documents, it would be safer to assume not.

I was at CW when someone was pushed through on a hospital bed with IV attached. In fairness they did subsequently change the TM7 to say 'in person unless incapacitated' (and they do mean incapacitated with Doctors letter to confirm that if I understand/remember correctly)

21 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

Your disability card would mean nothing to them but some IO's do show some consideration. Several times my wife has been told she could return alone, that I did not need to go.

It would be best to have someone with you to take the documents to the desk and you can remain seated, the queue system does not differentiate.

I only ever go to the desk for the photo, not disabled, just old.

Not aware of any scheme and if so, anyone with so much as a beer belly will be claiming special treatment and trying to queue jump.

An immgration visit need not be taxing, I find I rarely do anything and the wife does all the running around.

Many offices have outdoor waiting areas environments since covid, that is the bit I hate.

But if you clearly having difficulties, ie using sticks, a chair or a walking frame etc. they will help you, they are not bad people.

I

38 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I’ve worked with the disabled in many countries, and the persons comments about jumping the line is completely inconsiderate and ignorant. At places like Disneyland the disabled are taken to the front of the lines, and rightly so.

The United States is on the forefront of disability rights by law. 
we all should be grateful we are not disabled, and have compassion for those who are in that condition. 

Yes a little bit of an eye opener,  about some posters on this thread.

I'm surprised.

4 hours ago, Mansell said:

I’ve worked with the disabled in many countries, and the persons comments about jumping the line is completely inconsiderate and ignorant. At places like Disneyland the disabled are taken to the front of the lines, and rightly so.

The United States is on the forefront of disability rights by law. 
we all should be grateful we are not disabled, and have compassion for those who are in that condition. 

Australians (and Australian laws/regulations) also very attuned to the issues and needs of disabled people. Never ever seen someone fully able get out of a car in a disabled parking spot.

The Australian Dept., of Veterans Affairs is ranked top/close to top of world rankings* in terms of it's attitudes, policies and support offerings. (For Aussies; the RSL has lifted it's game enormously in the last couple of decades and is now ranked 'best in the world' for its' wonderful veterans villages and facilities.)

Just one e.g. when I was back in Sydney I called the local community hospital to ask if I could make an appointment. The nurse asked for some basic personal details then said "I'm guessing from your age you might be a Vietnam veteran'. I confirmed that was true.

She then said 'I can call the DVA taxi service to pick you up at home, bring you to the hospital and then later take you home again, would you like me to call? I confirmed.

She called me back a few minutes later and said 'the DVA taxi is on it's way now to pick you up.

About 1.5 km from the hospital the DVA driver made a quick call, then shared with me 'a nurse is coming now to the driveway area to meet you'. Sure enough very pleasant focused nurse was there are waiting and with polite driver got my w'chair unfolded and got me seated. Nurse then checked with the DVA driver to confirm what she had to do to get a DVA taxi to the hospital to take me home.

Nurse wheeled me inside, a few seconds later a junior politely said 'it's quite trek back to the hospital coffee shop can I go and get you a coffee or tea?

I responded 'Yes, if you let me pay for it and one for you too'. Junior nurse giggled and said 'it's all free'.

Sure enough after a scan and then quick discussion with the doctor snr. nurse said 'DVA taxi will be here in 3 or 4 minutes' . 

Edited by scorecard
  • Love It 1

No problem. In every immigration office you take a queue number and then sit on chairs until your number is called. While your extension is processed, you sit in front of a counter on a chair. You don't have to stand in line at all.

54 minutes ago, thedi said:

No problem. In every immigration office you take a queue number and then sit on chairs until your number is called. While your extension is processed, you sit in front of a counter on a chair. You don't have to stand in line at all.

Gday 

In joimtien you come at 9 hours or earlier then you queue up outside at 11.30 hours they close and you still stand in the line about 40 people in Front of you. Then at 13 hours they re-open but you are not sure if you can make your application for too many people in Front of u.

Wbr

Roobaa01

[quote]

I did call and 5 minutes later the helpful lady officer reappeared and took me down to the taxi area, got me into the back seat and w'chair into the front seat, then said 'are you comfortable?'

I thanked her and went home. 

[/quote]

Ah ha!  Perhaps she was hoping that you would ask her to make you 'even more comfortable', for a small fee of course ????