Pitbull attack: Mad dog attacks mum, son comes to rescue, dragged into cage and has intestines ripped out

webfact

1fd1b9f02007ee95996772b96685083d686dc95d590c819a38720e5b4a29cf45.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported on a savage attack by a family's pet Pitbull dog in Nakhon Ratchasima, NE Thailand.

It resulted in the death of a former jockey who had tried to save his mother from attack.

The beast dragged him into its cage and ripped out his intestines. He died from blood loss in hospital.

There had been many warnings about the dog after it attacked more than ten people over the years, but it had never turned on the family....until now.

It is now being looked after by a kind (Jai Bun) other person.

Reporters from Siam Rath were at Wat Thung Sawang in Muang district of Korat for the funeral of former horse racing jockey Therdpong or "Neung", aged 47.

378fd294447e94475e46c3ce7645cce0eda7a5ef005b5d991db7a43f851ee19e.jpg

They said it was a very sad occasion after he had been attacked by the family's Pitbull called Bobby.

His mother Duangsuree, 68, said they got the dog from a relative as a puppy and he was now 7-8 years old.

It was kept in a cage and allowed to run free in an area out back of the house on occasions.

In the past it had bitten more than ten people who they knew or who were passing and they had to pay compensation and hospital fees.

On February 3rd she had had a shower and was about to watch TV but was having problems seeing the buttons so she went out back to call Neung to help without realizing the dog was out of its cage.

7740e14bfac10c373da392d7ff9553c1e3df8cfa69b505301645e358d4e8bc45.jpg

It confronted her and grabbed her arm. Smelling blood the situation got worse and her son came to help.

She realised later that her son had died. She said she would be dead but for him.

Mana, 51, Duangsuree's brother who helped to look after the dog when the family were away said that Bobby was referred to as the "Masked Angel" due to its facial markings.

While he accepted it had attacked people outside the family before it had never gone for them. He thought it had gone berserk after smelling something unusual.

He explained that Duangsuree worked abroad and only came to the family home once or twice a year.

The dog had grabbed her arm. Neung tried and succeeded in prising the jaws off his mother's arm and implored those present to take her to hospital while he dealt with the dog.

Neung raised a stick to beat the dog to teach him a lesson but this only made matters worse. The dog went for his raised arm then dragged him into its cage where it bit him all over his body.

In particular it savaged his abdomen and ripped out his intestines. This despite Neung being a strong 95 kilo man.

Mana said he beat the dog with a stick and he eventually stopped the frenzied attack and was locked up in the cage.

Neung died from blood loss in the hospital.

Phatsorn, Mana's wife, arranged for the dog to be looked after by kind people who offered to help.

389ddca3b473042f066b89a4de324f51ff0e5640da60cfdc5ba22de424d7d1d4.jpg

ASEAN NOW notes that there have been many reported attacks in Thailand by Pitbull Terriers in the last year or so.

The animals have never been euthanized according to our reports.

For perspective, in England this century there have been 3-4 fatal dog attacks per year, according to Wikipedia.

Many are small children who are family members where pet dogs are kept.

All manner of dog breeds are involved though many are Pitbulls of various kinds.

In the great majority of cases the dogs involved are reported as having been euthanized by the authorities.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

16 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

"There is nothing such as a bad dog, only bad owners."

As long as such narratives are still used, the tragedies will keep on happening.

No such thing as a bad dog, then one would have to explain why, for example, Pit Bulls could not be used by police, who consider them too dangerous and uncontrollable to be of any use.

And this appears to suggest that poodles and Pit Bulls, well, they are all dogs, same family of animals.

As if a poodle raised by a bad owner would start killing the neighbors and owners as well.

A standard poodle is a powerful animal. Toy poos and pomeranians can be very aggressive and I see people indulge them because they can't really hurt anybody maybe a child. You never seem to hear about Golden Retrievers etc. suddenly turn against their owners. It is always a pitbull.

I don't have the answer but where I stay in US if I go out on a walk 50 percent plus of the dogs you see now are pitbulls. When I was a kid you hardly saw one. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

No such thing as a bad dog, then one would have to explain why, for example, Pit Bulls could not be used by police, who consider them too dangerous and uncontrollable to be of any use.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

48 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

There is nothing such as a bad dog, only bad owners.

So these dogs would be perfectly well behaved if they had no owners ?????

Just left in the wild to their own devices they’d be loving and caring animals there would be no attacks on adults or children ????.... Its is the bad owners which ‘make’ these dogs attack people ????

OR... are good owners an absolute must to ensure those aggressive traits in these dogs are ‘trained out’ from their behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Pit bull lover alert!!!

Just providing some facts (along with links) to correct the myths so often prevalent in such threads. 

I love all dogs, not just PitBulls. That's why I have 7, one of which is a PitBull. But yes, he's my favourite, that's why he gets the Coco Chanel bed ????

image.png.5e9743ffaf8d94f661c7689eacb61f12.png

• Love It 2

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So this dog is just a single purpose detection dog,nothing special.

Any dog with high drive can be taught this,it is just a game for the dog.

If only people who have a high drive dog of any breed would give it enough attention(work) then there would be a lot less trouble with aggression.

There is also the thought that an aggressive dog would make a good PSD,

not so.Many aggressive dogs are just scared.

The dog who killed his owner in this case should have been disposed of

after his first bite incident.

Now he killed his owner,once a dog is in that state of mind there is no

stopping it.

According to the op the owner was a big guy,95 kilo but i bet he was just very obese and not fit to fight of his dog.

Now a kind person is taking care of it?

Some people are very slow learners.

Yes we have a Bully who looks like a pitbull but genetically he is totally different.

IMG_20230209_101236.jpg

Edited by jvs
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just left in the wild to their own devices they’d be loving and caring animals there would be no attacks on adults or children ????.... Its is the bad owners which ‘make’ these dogs attack people ????

OR... are good owners an absolute must to ensure those aggressive traits in these dogs are ‘trained out’ from their behaviour.

Steady on that's too logical for the Pittie apologists! As with all dogs if by nature they are so harmless why do they have to be trained at all? you don't have to do it with cats. No amount of training can over come a Pitt Bulls nature- they were bred for violet fighting, not to be the babies nanny. Only in Thailand would people be wondering what to do with a killer dog and still have it after it ripped their family members guts out. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

We had a dog and a bitch pair from puppies, rescued by the sister-in-law from the market where she worked as they had been abandoned. Chocolate brown and mostly labrador with no pit bull traits, we named them Tiger and Lilly. Both good looking, decent animals but since we already had three dogs on the compound as well as the soi dogs, my wife and I agreed that we should get these two spayed and neutered. The dog still would have a go at the odd passing stranger but after paying compensation to one old lady he bit three times, I suggested that maybe the neutering had made him more aggressive. I was told this sometimes happens; they either become docile or cranky. My brother-in-law made a decent 'hobble' which consisted of a short length of wood on a short chain hanging from his collar. This stopped him running and chasing people but of course it wasn't worn 24/7. While I was out of the country, he bit our two year-old son. Not severely but by all accounts he was going for our son's face when stopped. My wife called a number in Sakon Nakhon and a guy turned up next day in a red pickup and that was the last we saw of Tiger.

We like to think he's made a difference to someone's life in Vietnam.

Gou Rou 

Xiang Rou 

Pit Bulls are delicious! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well, any dogs with out owners revert to their non pet/animalistic nature as can be seen in any Soi, a danger.  Native American reservations have the same social problem with people tolerating and feeding them, then every once in while a somebody is killed or mauled.

The owners are "bad" because they want an aggressive and dangerous animal, then don't control it or take responsibility for their livestock.  You see them in my country covered in tatoos being dragged around by a pitbull or two on  heavy chains. "Look how tough I am". 

Pitbulls are obviously dangerous and bred for aggression, I just don't blame the dog for being a vicious animal same as I would not blame a tiger for coming out of the jungle and taking some livestock.

Should they be banned, yes. How to do that in a practical way?

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thumbs Up 1