KK Now Do Home Visit For New NON O Based On Retirement.

6 minutes ago, Caldera said:

So they'll waste more people's time, for no benefit whatsoever. Great. 

Struggle to come up with a reason for it.

We all know that many folk now are obtaining non O retirement inside Thailand now for various reasons. 

Address check for that reason anyone's  guess

• Like 2

I like the periodic visits of the IO. 

We drink coffee together and talk about the newest gossip. 

After he earned one more star on his uniform for catching 2 Brits on overstay he brings the sweets at his visits ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, In the jungle said:

I cannot think of a legitimate reason for such a visit.

I can - many agent obtained extensions are using upcountry officers - with invalid address in that area to allow.  An actual address check will revel that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I can - many agent obtained extensions are using upcountry officers - with invalid address in that area to allow.  An actual address check will revel that.

Which is why home visits are waived for those using an agent. ????

It's an ineffective tool, as the very IO that accepts the extra would need to schedule the home visit.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

It's an ineffective tool, as the very IO that accepts the extra would need to schedule the home visit.

That was then - this is now.  And likely why it is getting much harder to use agents for such.  Will it last - don't know.  But at present time suspect there is a bit of housecleaning taking place.

Edited by lopburi3

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That was then - this is now.  And likely why it is getting much harder to use agents for such.  Will it last - don't know.  But at present time suspect there is a bit of housecleaning taking place.

Can you point me to ANY recent report supporting your claim? That it's getting harder to use an agent for retirement visas/extensions is news to me, but is it actually true?

• Thumbs Up 1

"This new requirement is from divisional head quarters in KK and he did point out it is only for new applications and not required for renewal next year."

This is how the marriage visa home visits started, wasn't long before it was for every renewal, first or otherwise.

1 hour ago, CH1961 said:

I like the periodic visits of the IO. 

We drink coffee together and talk about the newest gossip. 

After he earned one more star on his uniform for catching 2 Brits on overstay he brings the sweets at his visits ????

The guy that visits me from a sub-office, I am sure he's in an "inactive post'' told me he was working BKK airport immigration before. :unsure:

Edited by brianthainess

Never any visits since 2011.

Got a new Non O retirement in July at KK office after border run.

So I missed the opportunity ????

Sounds like at the next extension nitpicking triple check to be expected.

Edited by KhunBENQ

52 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Maybe something to do with the fact that my 2 pals in Rayong have KK issued retirement visas and have never set foot in KK.

That’s a coincidence, my buddy had a volunteer visa, he’d never been to KKC either, he hadn’t volunteered for anything either, but I live in KKC and although quite efficient had to jump through hoops for my first home visit, supply two witnesses from my “moo” number, which wasn’t easy. 

Money and agents talk at KKC, while honest applicants are given a hard time. 

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Interesting point - I have yet to read one report of Immigration making a home visit on anyone who has an agent assisted Retirement Visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

im so surprise and confuse when someone shock or surprised when they get a visit from immigration regarding to their visa situation. It's clearly in the immigration rules. also why people so stress about it. they come stay 5-10 min and go. In many european countries this procedure is more complicated and more difficult. plus its not a new thing in thailand. i lived in Khon Kaen 10 years and know many times my friends visited. plus guys coming to homes are really nice and polite and really fun to chat with them.