Chuwit Kamolvisit: Thailand’s ‘super-pimp’ turned sensational whistleblower

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Once a self-declared “super pimp”, Chuwit has evolved from a massage-parlour tycoon to become a politician, a convict, a TV talk-show host, and a crusader against Thailand’s chronic corruption.

What a CV he must have.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He also claimed that the national police chief recently told him to “tone things down” after he caused a series of headaches for the police force.

I bet he did... starting to look embarrassing is the understatement of the decade.

• Like 1

He does think highly of himself........in a terribly deluded manner. 

His less than humble/sincere fashionable type will fade quickly, as do all fanciful quests. 

It's all about the attention.

Nothing practiced.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Well it seems to me that he has stuck a big stick into the hornets' nest of the RTP and wiggled it around.

What seems to me, at least, to have happened is that the RTP are now having to admit to things that they would really prefer to be swept under the carpet, never to see the light of day again.

I cannot comment on how he thinks of himself as I have never met him. He does not seem to lack for a few baht, and the delicious irony for me is that he gets a reward from the RTP as a whistle blower, for exposing them.

He has said he will donate the 5% rewards to charity!!!   I think you haven't studied enough to comment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

He has said he will donate the 5% rewards to charity!!!   I think you haven't studied enough to comment. 

I did know that but it is coming from the corrupted RTP themselves, which is the irony.

They get their funds from the government.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

Once a self-declared “super pimp”, Chuwit has evolved from a massage-parlour tycoon to become a politician, a convict, a TV talk-show host, and a crusader against Thailand’s chronic corruption..

Add rib tickler to this fine list of attributes ???? 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Once a self-declared “super pimp”, Chuwit has evolved from a massage-parlour tycoon to become a politician, a convict, a TV talk-show host, and a crusader against Thailand’s chronic corruption.

Give him a break, we all know his past anyways.

22 hours ago, theshu25 said:

I feel he will not be around that much longer if he keeps giving everyone up.

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO if he is removed in any unethical way there will be a torrent of stuff coming from websites, MSM and social media that will bury the current "management" and there will be no way to turn the tap off.

Again IMHO I think that Chuwit has told so many people including the one at the very top what will happen if anything "unforeseen" should happen to him.

20 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Chuwit isn't as dumb as you think. He knows too many dirty stories from well-known politicians and extremely rich clan members. Should anything happen to him, he has certainly notarized the relevant evidence! If that were not the case, Chuwit would have disappeared from the scene long ago.

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

Well it seems to me that he has stuck a big stick into the hornets' nest of the RTP and wiggled it around.

What seems to me, at least, to have happened is that the RTP are now having to admit to things that they would really prefer to be swept under the carpet, never to see the light of day again.

I cannot comment on how he thinks of himself as I have never met him. He does not seem to lack for a few baht, and the delicious irony for me is that he gets a reward from the RTP as a whistle blower, for exposing them.

At the moment he is a "thorn in their sides", a nuisance. If and when there is a real threat to their power, and income, then he will be dealt with.

I suspect that there is some very high level "staff planning" being urgently conducted, on how to deal with the inevitable side effects of "dealing with him". Once they have a plan, which they think is viable, then they will take action.

There will of course be "collateral damage", and I am sure that some who are senior, but not quite senior enough, will be glancing nervously around their offices. Their will be scapegoats - but they can be taken care of when things die down. Reputations may be damaged, but so can bank accounts, which are the more important? Remember those at the top are completely ruthless - that is why they are at the top.

Once they think that they can manage the fallout, they will pull the plug.

• Like 2

He's been crusdaing against corruption for ~ 20 years.

Given what I pereceive, yes a perception and also anecdotal, to be a MASSIVE increase in corruption I have to ask how successful he's been.

It feels like someone, or some group, has determined that police corruption is completely out of hand, and needs to be reined in. And they are using Chuwit to expose select instances of corruption. Heck, maybe the old mafia wants to put the new mafia in check?

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

Just a different kind of scallywaggery, but one nonetheless. 

Skullduggery may appear in a variety of forms, yet the parent club remains under the same umbrella. 

What should be astounding and perplexing is that too many aren't able to comprehend this.

• Like 1

The country needs more like him, and in fact we all need backups for him, to take his place when he is possibly taken down. For the entertainment value even if nothing is improved--but I think it will be. Can you imagine a half dozen like him, each coming up with something new about every two weeks or so?

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Just a different kind of scallywaggery, but one nonetheless. 

Skullduggery may appear in a variety of forms, yet the parent club remains under the same umbrella. 

What should be astounding and perplexing is that too many aren't able to comprehend this.

What the? How about some sense and clarity in what you are saying,  instead of trying to impress with incomprehensible drivel. 

• Like 1