German Man Charged With Theft After Taking Russian Woman’s Sunglasses

webfact

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A tad extreme and stupid on his part.

But as she made a police report I guess they felt they had to do something, as he had not made any attempt to report them as being found.

Exactly..... same police bashing as expected! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not quite the same as stealing them from her person

What law is this?  Farang law?  This is Thailand.  Find something of value on the street, take it, that’s theft!!  

he committed theft according to Thai laws, the only laws that matter.

if in America……………..if in the UK………..  If in Russia……….

tell the judge.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

I like the way that in that photo, not only is she pointing at a pair of sunglasses, but they have put a red box around them.

Is that to show what they look like? Or to distract us from the fact they have put her passport ID on show? I wonder.

As an aside, Alistair McQueen (MCQ)  designer sunglasses can easily cost way over $1000. 

OMG, picking up somebody else's sunglasses is theft now in Thailand. Be careful and never pick up anything left on a chair in a room. If you find it on the road, it is ok to pick up and take home. 

Edited by Xanthe

5 minutes ago, Xanthe said:

OMG, picking up somebody else's sunglasses is theft now in Thailand. Be careful and never pick up anything left on a chair in a room. If you find it on the road, it is ok to pick up and take home. 

Leave it where it is, if I remember there was a foreign guy in chiang mai found a phone on the footpath and took it back to his room, said he was going to hand it in later, he didn't, charged with theft.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xanthe said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6944559/Traveller-arrested-thrown-hellish-Thai-jail-picking-lost-mobile-phone.html#:~:text=Chris Dodd%2C 29%2C from Poole%2C found the device in,different location with the possession.

According to the link in Thainews room (above) it says:

"Marcel admitted that he too had gone to get his visa extended that day and upon seeing the sunglasses on the chair and not knowing who it belonged to, pocketed it and left.

He has pleaded guilty to a charge of theft in a government office and has been taken to Koh Phangan police station for further legal action."

In otherwards he says he did not know to whom the sunglasses belonged to.

So where is the dishonesty?

Plausible in his mind he believed that he was entitled to take the sunglasses. Yet he pleaded guilty to the charge.

As the event happened in a government office I not sure if that is relevant.

And there is a photo of him above surrounded by 5 officials I assume the police.

????

Edited by homeseeker
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I like the way they kept her head out of the photo op, but left her open passport on the desk in full view.............:tongue:

some guys will be looking for her....they know what she looks like and has money...stay tuned for a new romance scam