Phuket Van Driver’s Licence Suspended After Being Filmed Playing Slot Games

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff 

THE PHUKET Land Transport Office suspended a van driver’s driving licence for 90 days after he was filmed by a passenger playing online slot games on his mobile phone while taking them from Patong beach to the downtown and posted it on social media, Thai Rath newspaper said.

The 17-second video clip went viral in Phuket with an accompanying message saying, “Stop spinning, passengers urge that a van running from Patong to the downtown be checked, the driver was using his mobile phone to play slots games throughout the journey, we were afraid of an accident occurring and endangering others, almost hit several times.”

As the clip continued to be shared netizens posted various comments including “No one is a wizard on the road, if you want to play quit your job and do so”, and “Urge the Land Transport Office to give passengers options to choose on their own.”

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/02/13/phuket-van-drivers-licence-suspended-after-being-filmed-playing-slot-games/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

THE PHUKET Land Transport Office suspended a van driver’s driving licence for 90 days after he was filmed by a passenger playing online slot games on his mobile phone while taking them from Patong beach to the downtown and posted it on social media, Thai Rath newspaper said.

I often criticise social media but sometimes just sometimes it can be a good thing...

more of these crazy drivers need to be openly shown for what they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

I had a driver with a tablet strapped to his sunshade.

Doing about 130 from pattaya to bkk and he is buying line stickers through the shop.

Really important stuff.

So I presume you got out?

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

I had a driver with a tablet strapped to his sunshade.

Doing about 130 from pattaya to bkk and he is buying line stickers through the shop.

Really important stuff.

No, what´s important here, is that it seems like you just accepted that.