Cabinet approves tourist fee of 150-300 baht for all foreign tourists

snoop1130

Not sure why the people who are more likely to afford spending more money such as highly paid diplomatic passport holders are exempt? Maybe because they can afford their own bills? Maybe because it's tax payer money to begin with? Also, is the amount I pay only going to pay for those that skip out on bills or will it afford me any advantage?

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

But I am a taxpayer in THailand... Do I have to pay while 75% of Thais don't pay tax at all??

You know how it works... they try and get money out of you, if it works, good, if not, they move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Not visa on arrival?

Yes Visa on Arrival... I don't mind paying for it (Was in Laos at the weekend where I paid $40 for a Visa which took 10 minutes at Nong Khai) but I do mind having to stand in a line for almost 2 hours to go through the process (My Filipina ex-GF was through in 30 minutes). 

In terms of entry to the country process, this 300baht charge is no different than getting a Visa on Arrival (I know immigration wise they are very different) as you need to mess about paying for it, getting a receipt, showing said receipt to the Immigration officer etc... 

The only reason I travelled back to Udon Thani and flew back to BKK from there rather than flying directly from Vientiane was so I wouldn't have to go through Immigration at Suvarnabhumi Airport & this new "Tax" is just going to make entering Thailand via BKK even worse... 

Edited by Mike Teavee

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai cabinet has approved the collection of a landing tax, ranging from 150-300 baht, to be collected from all foreign tourists visiting Thailand, tentatively from June 1st, as proposed by the National Tourism Policy Committee.

As if foreigners don't pay enough here when the tour around and get the "extra admission charges"

• Thumbs Up 2