Anutin hits back at Chuwit: Denies 50MB for votes in Bangkok, says their long standing relationship is OVER

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"I want to keep the old, good memories alive. The relationship between us in "this life" is over."

He used the term "chart nee" meaning this reincarnation of life.

Seems to be a worrying sort of statement.

Edited by John Drake

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Most Isaan villagers expect to receive at least 500bt to vote for a specific candidate, and will likely receive more, as more than one candidate invariably hands over money.

Surely if it was announced that the first 10 villagers in every village, who could provide specific proof of vote buying, would receive a nice little reward, those buying would be prosecuted, barred from standing, and the elections could then go ahead in a free and fair way 

Not in the land of corruption 

• Like 1

I have  read somewhere a couple of years ago that on main elections people get paid for their votes. They just goto some local meeting where they stand in line  for a couple of hundred bahts to make sure they vote for that party (member).  Don't know if this is true.  Has anybody ever seen or heared this?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Mrs got involved with politics a couple of years ago. They have been having rallies and meetings for a while, last local meeting about 200 people there- all got 1k baht, at the actual election time cash is spread around like confetti. 50 million sounds like an under estimate. As well as cash, trips, meals and parties are spent on. Mrs has no idea what the policies are, she is only interested in the money involved.????

That is the main motivation for all, I would say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Such as trying to bribe an old friend with 50 million baht, only to be exposed.

Political backstabbing and tonnes of cash make for strange bedfellows - 

Oddly enough, they come from the same secret club......yet, promote the pretense as if they don't. 

Makes for good gossipy and lakorn copy though, doesn't it? 

I saw the whole Chuwit rant on Thai news. It was spectacular. He spat and trod on a photo of Anutin, threw all the stuff on the tables on the floor, then gave the finger over and over to everybody in the room, cameramen and all, much to their amusement. I think people like him because he behaves so outlandishly,  extraordinarily unThai. But he seems to get away with it. Knows his audience I guess, and doesn't give a hoot. He's got my nonexistent vote.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I saw the whole Chuwit rant on Thai news. It was spectacular. He spat and trod on a photo of Anutin, threw all the stuff on the tables on the floor, then gave the finger over and over to everybody in the room, cameramen and all, much to their amusement. I think people like him because he behaves so outlandishly,  extraordinarily unThai. But he seems to get away with it. Knows his audience I guess, and doesn't give a hoot. He's got my nonexistent vote.

Was considering voting for BJP because they fulfilled the cannabis promises but now Anutin wants to charge people with more than one speed tab as dealers and give them stiff prison sentences vs. current policy of rehab course for up to 15 tabs for first offences. I don't support yaabaa taking but putting the poor sods in prison for small amounts, while leaving his friends the big time drug dealers go free is cruel and insane. 

This spitting on papers doesn't improve my rating of Anutin either.

3 hours ago, proton said:

Mrs got involved with politics a couple of years ago. They have been having rallies and meetings for a while, last local meeting about 200 people there- all got 1k baht, at the actual election time cash is spread around like confetti. 50 million sounds like an under estimate. As well as cash, trips, meals and parties are spent on. Mrs has no idea what the policies are, she is only interested in the money involved.????

Very classy. Sounds like a keeper.

7 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Most Isaan villagers expect to receive at least 500bt to vote for a specific candidate, and will likely receive more, as more than one candidate invariably hands over money.

Surely if it was announced that the first 10 villagers in every village, who could provide specific proof of vote buying, would receive a nice little reward, those buying would be prosecuted, barred from standing, and the elections could then go ahead in a free and fair way 

Good luck with this....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, proton said:

My Wife always says they are only in it to get easy money, nobody ever knows what policies they support, then when they are voted in we never, ever, see them again.