Tourist attack: Former English teacher settles case for 50,000 baht - bouncers/manager sacked

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath reported that that was what he asked for.

Total utter BS that is!

He was FORCED to accept the  "settlement". OR ELSE...

READ THIS AGAIN:

"On hearing that the tourist - Rodric W. Carkhuff, 34 - had gone to the central investigative branch of the RTP to make a complaint"....................

................the owner of "The Club Khaosan" tutherned up with local business leaders to settle the matter.

and THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!!

RODRICK WILL NEVER come back !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Total utter BS that is!

He was FORCED to accept the  "settlement". OR ELSE...

READ THIS AGAIN:

"On hearing that the tourist - Rodric W. Carkhuff, 34 - had gone to the central investigative branch of the RTP to make a complaint"....................

................the owner of "The Club Khaosan" tutherned up with local business leaders to settle the matter.

and THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!!

RODRICK WILL NEVER come back !

But apparently the incident "has not affected  his positive feelings towards Thailand." 

Yeah, right!

Edited by sambum

9 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

If this dude wants to keep enjoying Pattaya and Bangkok and bars and whatever, you better say LOS is the best of the best of the best, even after you get beat down .....

handcuffed and slapped!!!!   great time, love it!!!!   recommended for the family!!!  5 star review!!!!  sure, I'm super happy, no hard feelings!!!!

in America, sue everyone.......make sure it's on video, sue more people, collect 100 billion baht and THEN go to Thailand.

We get off the plane knowing we might get beat down and handcuffed and it's fun!!!!  lol

Yes, it seems to be compulsory to declare your undying love for Thailand in these cases.

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Surely a victim of a crime would be safe at a police station of all places! ????

Yah ,whats that all about?

Maybe the security are cops in the daytime moon lighting at night.

Edited by riclag

How did the man end up with hand cuffs on his wrists ?

Must be more to the story .

All i know is the man was drinking at the bar with friends and picked out a bottle of water thinking that it was free of charge .

Security demands money for the water . 

Next thing the man has hand cuffs on his wrists . 

Something missing in the story

11 hours ago, Shop mak said:

2 slaps give 50,000?

Jeez!

Can slap me for an hour then :biggrin: with handcufs.

Actually nice to see a foreigner coming out as a winner.

I am not sure he is a winner at all . 

More likely he is a loser financially over this incident .

Face saving for both sides i suspect 

5 hours ago, Speedhump said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This has not been "hushed up", the legal action against the guards is ongoing.

It has been hushed up. The local businesses got together to make sure no names leaked out. The guards were sacked from their jobs to appease the man attacked and the authorities. 

It has not been hushed up, following media reports it's a subject here and in other publications, for God's sake, and, if it had been hushed up, it wouldn't be in the press that the American has announced the ongoing legal action against the attacker.   How could you know that the sackings were just appeasement?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unfortunately this case spoils your "money" rhetoric as the victim is still taking legal action against guards and is filing a report with Chana Songkhram police.

Congratulations but you'll always be a 'farang' and second-rate human in the eyes of Thais no matter how much you defend their culture. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jiggo said:

What a rubbish hamper "Cheap Charlies" surely a Bud six pack would have been more appropriate.

Fortnum and Mason's was closed! Probably got one that the monks usually get!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RandolphGB said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unfortunately this case spoils your "money" rhetoric as the victim is still taking legal action against guards and is filing a report with Chana Songkhram police.

Congratulations but you'll always be a 'farang' and second-rate human in the eyes of Thais no matter how much you defend their culture. 

"...you'll always be a 'farang' and second-rate human..."

1.  That's nothing more than your opinion, it's not factual.

2.  I'm not trying to be "rated" or uprated.

3.  Where have I "defended Thai culture"?

4.  My comment was entirely factual.

• Love It 2

2 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Having been an English teacher is totally irrelevant and adds nothing to the story. Typical for this site.

Sure it does. Many teachers like me are reading this story and relishing in him getting his comeuppance.

Me and countless other teachers have dreamt of being compensated for the abuse we've had to face. I really wish I had one of those camera pens in my shirt pocket to document it, at that certain, famous name BKK private school I once endured, with its deep pockets.

Me and a lawyer could've then presented the footage and said we're going to the labor board. Or, a few million baht baht settle it now. Then I'd bring it back up here to Issan, to buy the plots of land surrounding my wife's family farm, then fix up the farmhouse with more solar cells, batteries, water tanks etc, getting plenty of pics of the smiling, dark skinned people they absolutely detest. Then I'd wrap it all up with big sign in front, "Thanks BKK hi-sos". ????????