I repair computers and phones for free for friends, is that a problem?

Be alright 99% of the time but, as pointed out, upset someone (in particular a kompooteeer shop owner) then there is the potential. If it ever came down to having your collar felt, just offer the to fix the copper’s’ kompooteeers too. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, John8 said:

friends and friends-friends

If you do for free for above group then don't worry. Friends will not report you to the authorities.

But somehow I would be surprised if all the people who you work for are friends and friends of friends and if there is no compensation at all.

Sometimes some people are not friends for a long time. And then they remember that that guy is doing illegal work which he is officially not allowed to do. And maybe someone will report you.

Is the risk high? I don't think so. Is there a risk: yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Not anti labor... but could be prostitution... 555

But not illegal, so no issue.  Providing sex for payment, or for payment in kind, is not illegal as she would not be loitering in a public place, advertising her services or gathering at a prostitution establishment to sell sex.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I too fix my young, next door lady plumbing and electrical issues for occasional bedroom favours,

does that mean that i break Thailand labour laws?

Are you channeling BritManToo?  :smile:

• Haha 1

that term "working" is very unclear. Folks pulling dictionaries, wiki pages, Thai2Eng vocabularies and links to webpages. There are urban legends about deportations, there are almost weekly raids at Bang Rak / Silom area and foreigners being arrested at post offices for sending multiple parcels and young girl deported and blacklisted away from her 3 kids.

The worst encounter with IO was about 3,000 THB and happened exactly for kompootar biz as a revenge from computer shop owner (he was ripping my friend company for years).

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

I too fix my young, next door lady plumbing and electrical issues for occasional bedroom favours,

does that mean that i break Thailand labour laws?

I understand that to be taking advantage of someones vulnerability....care to let me know her location so as I may offer my services LOL

• Like 1