You should fast !

georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I eat at home about 85% of the time. Cook everything by steaming, air frying, or boiling. A side benefit: boiling and steaming require almost no cleaning of pots and pans afterwards.

i cook eggs softly  in butter. so cleaning the pan is not a problem

but for meat, cooking them in butter will make the pan a pain in the butt to clean.

so i put vinegar and hot water in the pan, let it sit for a while so i don't need to scrub! 

animal fats are ok. restaurants use highly processed oils and re-use them over and over. 

Edited by save the frogs

...If You Take Your Car To The Garage & Insist They Repair It...They Will...

...Fasting Is Tried & True...

...One Key Is To 'Stop Thinking About Food'...

...Chewing Gum Will Get The Gastric Juices Flowing...Don't See Why You Would Want That...

...Read Up On It...

...Try As Much As You Can Tolerate...

...Reach Out To Any Support Groups That Exist...

...Much Better Than Drugs & Surgeries Wouldn't You Say...(?)

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

No need for fasting which can do some damage.

Best way to loose weight is to cut down on portion sizes and a good way to do that is to use smaller plates.

Also don't have lunch but replace that with perhaps an apple if you're really hungry

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...If You Take Your Car To The Garage & Insist They Repair It...They Will...

...Fasting Is Tried & True...

...One Key Is To 'Stop Thinking About Food'...

...Chewing Gum Will Get The Gastric Juices Flowing...Don't See Why You Would Want That...

...Read Up On It...

...Try As Much As You Can Tolerate...

...Reach Out To Any Support Groups That Exist...

...Much Better Than Drugs & Surgeries Wouldn't You Say...(?)

That should get the Grammar Police going.   555

yes, fasting helps, but more important is that you need to sort out your insulin.

Protein powder, energy drinks, they are amongst the worst things you can take at the moment,.

You need to stop sugar and nearly all carbs.

I could write pages of advice for you here, but it will be easier for me to show you some You Tube Channels that you can look at, and then make your own decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gBFCVYmgI

this Dr is particularly good.  Take a look around his channel, he has loads of vids with great info.

another great channel is this:

https://www.youtube.com/@KenDBerryMD

loads of info on his videos pages, take a good look around.

good luck with it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Do you know about Milk Thistle? Look it up, very good for the Liver it seems ..

Silymarin does help the liver.  There have been medical studies that affirms that it does work.  Available on Lazada although cheaper to buy on iHerb.com.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/silymarin-milk-thistle-extract-300-mg-50-100-200-capsules-by-now-foods-i4178323471-s16429400480.html

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21466434/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes , although I think there is sugar free gum 

Good point about the electrolyte, does anyone know if Gatorade is ok ?

Read the label on that stuff and see what goop it contains OMG!????

If you want sugar in your daily diet eat 3 pieces of fresh fruit per day. Or supplement this number with a freshly squeezed juice. Bottled juice is <deleted>.

I used to fast as a younger man, regularly, and still fast now for 12 to 18 hours monthly as part of a meditation and yoga regime.

I reduced the size of my meals about 10 years ago too and felt a whole lot better for it. Many Western nations folk eat far too much in portion sizes salt, processed foods, sugar, meat and nowhere near enough fresh vegetables.  

Our modern diets are way to slimy and smooth and tend to slide through us and make our gut smooth and as such we don't draw the nutrients we need to live as healthy as we can.

Even Thai food can be way to carb rich and low on fibre. I always tell any food makers I frequent no MSG low salt and sugar in the food please. Lots of white rice is a perfect way to feed problems, as it converts very readily into sugar in the blood at very high levels i.e. it has a high glycemic index.

We mostly eat wild brown rice at home.

Our bodies require roughage, trace elements, protein, and carbs to be converted to sugars and this is stored in our blood and muscles. This processed stored energy is to feed our energy hungry brains too.

The roughage in fresh food is designed by nature to keep our gut vili healthy and of course our blood 'strong'.

If you are thinking some sugar is warranted to support you this is defeating of the purpose of fasting ... traditionally fasting means water only to maintain turgidity of our blood cells and avoid dehydration.

If the fast is some sort of 'specific selective fasting' which has become more trendy and common e.g. fruit of one type only, coconut water, water and lemon or lime juice as a specific astringent intake to cleanse the liver.

I drink a few fresh squeezed limes with filtered water every morning to 'wake up' my immune system. I would suggest you begin this regime. Its delicious and makes ya feel awesome.

As you are over 50 I'd offer what was told to me in Oz by very expert nutritionists and doctors. That advice (backed up by lots of proven credible research) was to reduce my carbohydrate intake and increase my lean protein intake.

This is because even if we are very active and sporty, which I am, our bodies do not need as much carb's when get past the 50'ish age.

Go to a good hospital, spend a few baht and get your full blood workup. This will give you all the indicators of pretty much everything that is happening for you e.g. endocrine system, liver, kidney, T-cells, platelets etc.

Arrange a consult with a dietician at the same visit and take a comprehensive week long list with you showing exactly, including portion sizes (no cheating on the list especially discounting your alcohol intake).

We don't know how tall you are (if you're over '6'3" then as a general rule of thumb 115 kilos is a good weight as long as your body mass index is not high in fat, but lean muscle.

Just stating your weight doesn't help us much in having some idea of your level of fat or obesity.

For example; If you're 5'5" and 115 kgs then you're either bulked like Schwarzenegger or you're way overweight.

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

i cook eggs softly  in butter. so cleaning the pan is not a problem

but for meat, cooking them in butter will make the pan a pain in the butt to clean.

so i put vinegar and hot water in the pan, let it sit for a while so i don't need to scrub! 

animal fats are ok. restaurants use highly processed oils and re-use them over and over. 

I poach eggs in an aluminium cup, with steam. Wipe out the cup with a paper towel, good to go for tomorrow's breakfast. Olive oil spray.

• Thumbs Up 1

You seems to be the typical guy who NEVER can take advice from others... So let me see if you can read this??

You stop all your bad drinking and eating and continue your training, and get down to a much more desirable weight. How tall are you?? If round 1,80 go down to 80-90 kilos....

There is no blaming others for your fat body. Fatty liver can be a serious matter, so treat this seriously..

12 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Lately I have had liver pain ,62yo male 115kg go to gym everyday and lift weights 

You go to the gym every day and lift weights but you are obese (unless you're 8ft tall) 

What weights are you lifting, what are you doing in the gym, not exercising, maybe you go to the same gym as this female!!!!

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1

@georgegeorgia

I benefit from fasting, but not the type in OP, or for the reason, cleansing, in the OP.

Fast daily (intermittent) from last munch till first munch the next day, and usually about 12-15 hrs, half while sleeping.

Helps maintain a constant weight, with minimal exercise, and common sense eating.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

35 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Try using ghee, it is clarified butter and has a higher boiling point than butter. Research the health benefits of ghee.

Is that why most Indian people you see are overweight? often put down to too much ghee, or maybe you think it's the rice?

I had pain, after a scan confirmed to have NAFLD rather than the suspected gallstones.

If you consume more calories than you use, as I do, the body will deposit fat in the liver and this can cause pain in some.

Losing weight has working for me.

Lots of good information here.

https://britishlivertrust.org.uk/information-and-support/living-with-a-liver-condition/liver-conditions/non-alcohol-related-fatty-liver-disease/

I do it, longest has been 48 hours so far, but I just started a new one today, will try for 72 hours. Lost kilos and kept it off

Here is what happens to your body during fasting

https://www.tiktok.com/@yourfastingcoach/video/7202629242289474821?q=fasting&t=1679641302120

Warning, you need to be connected to the internet to view TikTok (congressional hearings)

wow..     nobody mentions "Insulin Resistance"  a major factor here           

every time you open your pie hole and stuff something in there you spike insulin                                                                                                                                 an I/F of 18/6 is ideal ..  yes to the  cruciferous veggies,   yes to  "Fatty" Omega 3 foods "Wild Salmon"  Grass fed/finished Beef   Oysters                       free range eggs ,,the whole egg  I eat  4-5 a day ,  Macadamia nuts , Avocado

Gym 4 days a week  178cm / 76kg   12% BF

it's not a diet you're looking for....   diets are short term goals that will eventually fall to the wayside.      It's a life style change you need !

• Like 1

Have you looked into the association with bile salts. Bile salts will help reduce fatty liver and in some cases people are not producing enough (bile) so that's why they get it in the first place. Do some research and see if it seems a good fit for you. I had fatty liver (I think it was partly genetic and partly because I don't eat much fat in my diet ---> low levels of bile salts). In my case I took Tudca for a couple of months and it worked quite well. From what I've read some people say you can't stay on Tudca for extended periods so you need to switch to Ursodiol. At the moment I am still on Tudca as I only started in February but I feel pretty good and no nagging "bruising pain" in the top corner of my stomach close to rib cage, which I was getting before.  "Caveat emptor" etc. but I had to self diagnose because doctors were no help, the symptoms were  too vague ie. I always feel tired, I have a stiff neck, bruising pain under ribcage, pain in lower back etc etc. I was a doctor's nightmare! Some of the symptoms come from vitamin deficiencies as without bile you can't absorb the fat soluble vitamins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cricky said:

You go to the gym every day and lift weights but you are obese (unless you're 8ft tall) 

What weights are you lifting, what are you doing in the gym, not exercising, maybe you go to the same gym as this female!!!!

Because I was over eating on protein  food and drinking a lot of milk protein drinks and energy drinks as for the gym I'm not doing cardio just weight lifting 

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The naturopath actually told me to enjoy black coffee & water whilst on the fast .

He surprisingly said and obviously believe black coffee is good for fasting .

I couldn't imagine going without water ,but I'm thinking lemon juice too 

Black coffee is good for the liver. 2 or 3 cups a day is fine. Water is best during fasting. Lemon juice will break your fast as it contains fructose which is a sugar. Herb teas are also fine. 

Edited by ozimoron

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nothing to do with the ghee and everything to do with white rice and bread. You seem to be pushing a misconception that eating fat causes fat. Sugar and and cards (which are sugar) cause fat and nothing else. Do some research, this has been pointed put to you previously. People on a keto diet eat a ;lot of saturated fat and lose weight like crazy

of course it's the excess fat causing the fat, so many Indians i see are overweight and it's not alcohol or rice, asian people have been slim for generations on rice but we've done that to death already, but don't promote ghee, you have a twisted understanding of nutrition

Some supplements I bought today from Health Hut in Pattaya. 

They said that the Water Kefir and the Kombucha will not break a fast but I'll stick to water. I intend to use these to add to water for the superfood supplement. 

20230324_133329.jpg

20230324_133321.jpg

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

of course it's the excess fat causing the fat, so many Indians i see are overweight and it's not alcohol or rice, asian people have been slim for generations on rice but we've done that to death already, but don't promote ghee, you have a twisted understanding of nutrition

Show me a credible link to support that claim please. 

17 hours ago, asf6 said:

Electrolyte drinks are easy to source in Thailand. You can get them in pharmacies and the 7 eleven (usually near the counter next to the condoms). There are different types - one sports type to take after exercise and one aimed at people who have vomitted or had diarrhea. The main ingredients are the same (potassium and sodium) but the sports style drink has more sugar in it. Just mix with water. Cost between 4 baht and 7 baht per sachet, depending on size, brand, etc. 

Try a fresh coconut

• Thumbs Up 1