Which bikes and riders irritate you?

1. Thai teens on modified 125cc, without exhaust, and bicycle super thin tires.  Racing within city after midnight, waking up most people (tiny-dick syndrome)

2. Foreigners on holiday, renting a 650-1000cc, that they stall on all intersection, ooops, forgot this isn't a 125cc automatic, and 6th gear from standstill is seldom successful unless rev'ed up to 10k rpm.

3. Ducati riders, without enough experience to handle that monster.  Ducati's are megacool, no need to attempt racing, rev'ving or wheelie, when the skills are clearly not there. Just enjoy the ride, and the insane sound, while driving normallly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a good legit one. In a truck turning right off a small soi onto a soi with speeding drivers. Looking left and right for clear traffic, all clear to right long way down, look left and wait for car to pass, as you hurry to turn you've got 2 MB's super close to you on right. I can't turn and they can't see oncoming traffic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lifelong Biker in UK & LOS, Love my FORZA but would never own or ride one in UK but here I have still yet to see anything better for myself for the roads here 

As to the question of who irritates me most - Young ME looking French speaking helmetless idiots on TMax's riding round in packs just being total Knob heads (Patong based)

*as mentioned OP usually posts good topics and bar his historical anti-Forza murmurings good content... 

maybe needs to have a nice 2hr+ Proppa ride out on a Forza lol...

Edited by Lokie

Short story: A few years back gf and I were riding my Honda 115cc from Hua Hin to Cha Am, not much traffic. All of a sudden a stream of bikers coming from Cha Am came to a U-turn gap wanting to return in the direction of Cha Am. Instead of waiting for gaps in traffic (of which there were many) the brave leader drove into the middle of the 3 lanes and held up his hands to stop the oncoming cars and trucks.

Gf and I stopped to watch the spectacle. A trickle of bikers got into the 3rd lane but the Thai traffic wasn't gonna stop for them and drove around them. The lead biker was frantically waving his arms about and a line of bikers went down like dominoes in the confusion. I should add that no biker was hurt in this display of arrogance and entitlement on their part.

As for the old guys who go round the narrow sois of Bintabaht on there Farty Davisons; yes guys people are looking at you but not in admiration.

• Sad 1

I drive a big mother SUV of 2.5 tonnes with beautiful note loud horns. I use that beautiful German horn as I see fit and don't seem to have much trouble with bikes of any sort lol  ????????

They seem to just cr@p themselves and get outa' da' way pronto-presto!

• Sad 1

On 3/25/2023 at 1:04 PM, EVENKEEL said:

I know, the nerve of those guys showing they have a mil+ to spend on toys.

... most of which goes on the 'right' tasselled jacket/trousers/boots/gloves/t-shirt/after shave(even with compulsory beard) and of course the obligatory branded sunglasses and almost useless branded helmet. That and many, many tubes of chrome polish (probably branded but which does at least keep them off the road for a while).

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lokie said:

Lifelong Biker in UK & LOS, Love my FORZA but would never own or ride one in UK but here I have still yet to see anything better for myself for the roads here 

As to the question of who irritates me most - Young ME looking French speaking helmetless idiots on TMax's riding round in packs just being total Knob heads (Patong based)

*as mentioned OP usually posts good topics and bar his historical anti-Forza murmurings good content... 

maybe needs to have a nice 2hr+ Proppa ride out on a Forza lol...

OP would rather ride a NC400.

What bike do you have if your a long life biker.  ????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lokie said:

For the record: I would never ride them in the middle of Bangkok because they are so big. This is a big disadvantage in Bangkok traffic.

And about my dislike when others ride them: Obviously not all riders from one specific bike (category) are all the same. But in my personal experience if I ride with "normal" speed on a Bangkok road, which is not full of traffic, then from time to time someone passes me on the left or right if there is just enough space to get through. And most of those riders are on Forzas, X-Max or whatever those other supersize scooters are called. I don't know why it is especially that group of bikes, it just is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:26 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Inspired by the thread below, which are your most hated bikes and riders?

Only those that show no respect for other road users.

Otherwise I have no issues.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:26 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

On the other hand, it seems many big bike riders take it easy

Yep, I'm a bike bike rider.

Got 2 x Ducati's 1198 and 1262cc, I take it easy.

I do the stupid stuff on my PCX.

This is COOL and the song, best band in the world playing. ????

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 2

And most motorcycle taxi riders also know what they are doing.

I have the opposite experience in Bangkok and think motorbike taxis are the absolute worst of the worst. They ride however they want like they own their intersections and cut through red lights from every possible angle.

The delivery riders are bad too, but at least they usually stop and apologize if I'm blaring my twin PIAA horns while about to hit them. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

20 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Yep, I'm a bike bike rider.

Got 2 x Ducati's 1198 and 1262cc, I take it easy.

I do the stupid stuff on my PCX.

This is COOL and the song, best band in the world playing. ????

That reminds me of this video which I saw a couple of days ago:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't do that on my Blade in Thailand, HD riders are not all like that crazy one, I wouldn't bother trying to keep up with him or pass him I would let him go. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't do that on my Blade in Thailand, HD riders are not all like that crazy one, I wouldn't bother trying to keep up with him or pass him I would let him go. 

Well the Harley guy definitely can ride, and the rice burner really had a hard time keeping up. And that was only a Sportster..... imagine a real Big Twin....

Just shows you, it's not always the bike, but the riding skills that win.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:37 AM, brianthainess said:

All of 'em :coffee1:

The worst are the big bike riders that hide the number plate tucked under the rear seat and ride like crazy idiots endangering many others. They seem to think I own a big bike I have money I am important, I dont have to follow the road laws, Your time will come mate (80% of deaths on the roads are motor cyclists), if you dont slow down.  

• Haha 1

My pet hate is Harleys. Noisy, irritating and bad attitude riders. They look terrible and extremely uncomfortable, to the point of being unsafe when great long extended forks.

The bikes are probably ok in their place, wherever that is....? but the owners tend to be beyond the pale.

28 minutes ago, Grusa said:

My pet hate is Harleys. Noisy, irritating and bad attitude riders. They look terrible and extremely uncomfortable, to the point of being unsafe when great long extended forks.

The bikes are probably ok in their place, wherever that is....? but the owners tend to be beyond the pale.

That's unfair.

3 hours ago, Grusa said:

I think some of those riders look cool and they seem to be in their element.

And others want to play the tough guy and maybe fail.

And I guess it depends a lot where those guys are. I guess members of a Pattaya Harley club (I have no idea if there is one) are probably very different to such members somewhere else.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I'm not a fan of bikers riding dangerously on public roads, I remember there was a guy 'Ghostrider', doing crazy stuff on the road, is he still alive?

Anyway, the guys on my video had the highway shutdown, it looked good, the other bikers gave him clearance to show off. ???? 

At times I see videos of bikes racing around, dangerous speeds on public roads, in and out of traffic, etc, I tend to turn off these videos, I don't enjoy watching at them.

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:38 AM, connda said:

In the last decade I've notice motorcycle drivers around Lamphun and Chiang Mai becoming more and more aggressive.  Gone are the days of driving over on the shoulder on highways as they are suppose to.  More and more often I'm encountering low powered M/C driving in the middle and far right lanes.  They put everyone in danger.  If you have a 400cc or larger bike - of course - drive it anywhere on the road as you can maintain speed and acceleration.  But these small bike thinking they own in the entire road.  There is a reason for them to be in the far left lane and shoulders.

How can you consider the bikes out in the middle lane or outside lane aggressive ? Annoying maybe and dangerous for the rider especially on the far right lane .

As they are supposed to do ? I am not sure that you are correct in that either . 

On 3/25/2023 at 12:02 PM, worgeordie said:

For me it's Penny farthings , they are a bloody nuisance

always thinking they are so high and mighty........

regards Worgeordie 

I actually saw a bloke riding one of those down highway 1 between Mae Sai and Chiang Rai a few years ago.

He was in the near side lane.

• Thumbs Up 1