Songkran - Reports from Pattaya

Danderman123

4 hours ago, petermik said:

The actual building of Diana Estates is set back from the entrance... opposite the raised walkway at the front of TreeTown and probably more than 100 metres..but yes not far enough to cut out much noise

Used to be worse noise as concerts were held across the soi from Diana Estates. Deafening. I wondered how anyone could live there.

4 hours ago, petermik said:

peace may come in the future as rumour has it that the whole bar area will be flattened and a huge Base type condo complex will be put in place of it....????

Rumors and anecdotes are the currency of this realm. Walking St. was supposed to be demolished years ago. Our ace ANF Urban Planning Bureau had offered numerous proposals for its replacement.

But wait and see. Not unlikely in this case I suppose.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:25 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Are you asking a serious question?

As serious questions go, your "God" thread is phenomenal. 

I've never posted there, or even read it, but the hits and longevity would have to make it the top thread on the site, hands down. 

51 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Used to be worse noise as concerts were held across the soi from Diana Estates. Deafening. I wondered how anyone could live there.

Rumors and anecdotes are the currency of this realm. Walking St. was supposed to be demolished years ago. Our ace ANF Urban Planning Bureau had offered numerous proposals for its replacement.

But wait and see. Not unlikely in this case I suppose.

Owner of soi Made in Thailand  is selling lots for the new bar area that will make a nice replacement to Tree Town when it eventually closes

3 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Went out 8.30 last night to get some food in Soi Buakhao. Water guns was still in use, and songtaews was #1 goal even people now was clearly dressed up for dinner. They got drenched. Who cares?

Anyone remember the old rule pre-2010, not use watergun after dark?

Watched Utube searched 'songkran pattaya 2023' and the mayhem is in full force spesially in soi 6-7-8. Plenty of the dangerous forbidden high pressure pvc tubes are in use.

Today is my 5th day of staying home. It's getting to me now. Have done everything I could do inside condo, spotless clean and tidy. The remaining 3 days will feel extreme long.

Now I need human interaction. Missing my breakfast restaurant, coffee shop for lunch where many expats meet, be able to walk without be drenched in ice cold dirty water.

The lack of reports in this topic just demonstrate that many expats has still not returned to Thailand. My friends back home tell me airline ticket prices are still way too high.

TIT.

Fun, and drunk fun and water splashing are more important it seems. Both logic and mathematics are missing, as we already know.

20th April can't come fast enough.

It's ok to go out before Noon, water fights only really kick off after that, but put phone etc in waterproof bag and if you get a little wet it won't kill you

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Owner of soi Made in Thailand  is selling lots for the new bar area that will make a nice replacement to Tree Town when it eventually closes

Do you know what they build there at the moment? Bars again? 

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

Went out 8.30 last night to get some food in Soi Buakhao. Water guns was still in use, and songtaews was #1 goal even people now was clearly dressed up for dinner. They got drenched. Who cares?

Anyone remember the old rule pre-2010, not use watergun after dark?

Watched Utube searched 'songkran pattaya 2023' and the mayhem is in full force spesially in soi 6-7-8. Plenty of the dangerous forbidden high pressure pvc tubes are in use.

Today is my 5th day of staying home. It's getting to me now. Have done everything I could do inside condo, spotless clean and tidy. The remaining 3 days will feel extreme long.

Now I need human interaction. Missing my breakfast restaurant, coffee shop for lunch where many expats meet, be able to walk without be drenched in ice cold dirty water.

The lack of reports in this topic just demonstrate that many expats has still not returned to Thailand. My friends back home tell me airline ticket prices are still way too high.

TIT.

Fun, and drunk fun and water splashing are more important it seems. Both logic and mathematics are missing, as we already know.

20th April can't come fast enough.

Try a spa. I go to one that's 3000 pm, free coffee, water melon and water, plus you get to meet a lot of people, all nationalities, sit in the sauna/steam room/swimming pool/hot and cold pools, or just hang out in the open air. Nice way to spend a couple of hours.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Closed off and overgrown since they demolished the bars, but will be bars again

It is not closed off and overgrown anymore. They build at the moment new bar like structures. But could also be small shops. 

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's ok to go out before Noon, water fights only really kick off after that, but put phone etc in waterproof bag and if you get a little wet it won't kill you

I avoid the central area of Bua Khao, Second Road and Beach road. The only water that has touched me so far has been from water guns that sprinkle, which is fine by me. 

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I took a baht bus down Thappraya Road yesterday mid-day, nobody was throwing water.

I think things are getting going after midday these days...sadly going on well into the night....many years ago, water chucking stopped at sunset, and you could have a night out!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/16/2023 at 12:46 PM, smedly said:

or stay at home, I don't mind songkran for 1/2 days but this 7 day thing is hurting trade every year, people either leave pattaya or don't go out or go out very late (like me) to avoid it, they are shooting themselves in the foot, every venue I went too late on was literally empty, how many years will it take before they realise that 7 days of this madess is hurting business - it is obvious to most people why aren't they getting it

I was in the V2V wine shop on Thepprasit this morning and the boss there was saying exactly the same thing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think things are getting going after midday these days...sadly going on well into the night....many years ago, water chucking stopped at sunset, and you could have a night out!

There have always been a few very late night water chuckers about.....Still working hard a 1-2AM nailing unsuspecting people, trying to score a few extra points with Satan...lol 

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

All sold the first day on offer allegedly, although some re-selling may be going on already.

604467588_mit02.jpg.3d8e45c14fea5adad0b0de9fe6f4ced5.jpg

The first column on the right is finished already. But I don't understand. They removed all the bars that were there and now they build new ones??? Most of the bars were empty. Perhaps some used for money laundering? There is a lot of corruption money in this country...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

The first column on the right is finished already. But I don't understand. They removed all the bars that were there and now they build new ones??? Most of the bars were empty. Perhaps some used for money laundering? There is a lot of corruption money in this country...

Nah never.. corruption and money laundering here in LOS....hard to believe...I say hard to believe....????????????

Everyone is having fun here in Patts.  A few minor stupid arguments between drunken Brits, but nothing serious.  We had one Thai on Thai killing, but that was strictly business, nothing personal.

So far, so good.  I am happy to see the Thais having fun after 4 years.

Great country.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Probably lots of water throwing. 

Probably is an understatement. 

The 18th and especially the 19th is mayhem.

I hope no one has to travel to the airport on those days good luck finding a Taxi. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2023 at 7:21 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Depends on what you're getting 'wet 'with.

57 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

the ladies in the bars are bored and sad. No customers in the bars.

They tell me no one is throwing water today.

The bars can fight against each other if they like it so much. I can't await the 20th. Then this madness is over ????????????????????????????????

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I decided to get out of dodge for 3 days, good so far, i highly recommend it

Been down South in a sleepy village since the 5th... drive back to Patts Thursday when the madness is finished.....same same for the last 9 years

????