How mean with money

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think being careful with money will serve you well, we all know people who spend money a bit too freely and guess what, can't retire, not enough money

On the other hand , you don't want to end up as the richest person in the cemetery 

• Like 1

Mean with money ? , were you not the guy who allegedly  "found" not one but two wallets,

and never returned them, 

I am not mean with money , but definitely not foolish ,lets see if a scammer offering 20 %

return a month , can get a penny out of me, ???? winking eye.

regards worgeordie

22 minutes ago, actonion said:

Foolish with money,  Two weeks Millionaires?  Call them what u like,  but  its because of people like this that Thailand double charges  Foreign tourists,.... Farang have money too much attitude.... in the days of  many Internet cafe's i was sat typing, a Farang wants to  pay his bill, the lady told him 40baht, his reply was  ohhhhh is that all,  and    gave  her 100b told her to keep the change.. so with Thai logic   40b   is too cheap, so  increase  my prices, and then everyone complains  Thailand has become expensive ...

The tipping fat-rang stays in their comfort zone...they should just stay in their country.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Calm down dear, calm down......money tight for you?......Sweating over 80 baht?

Well that's the problem I'm talking about ...farangs like yourself who may not have money because you giving it away eg not frugal and telling other farangs to not worry as it's only $3 or whatever in western currebcy ,so it doesn't matter ?

I wonder if you misunderstood your friend. Don't see how the cost of joining a gym could save money on the water bill. Maybe he was making a joke.

I am frugal and retired.  I don't understand people that prefer to keep working to maintain spending money foolishly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Mean enough to not have to work a dead end job in a hospital back in Australia.

I prefer my current life to cleaning up vomit and excrement.

Not sure if you are cheap with money but that's an extremely cheap shot at someone doing an important and necessary job in Australia. Pay in Australia for a job like that ain't so bad too. It's not Thailand. 

Talking about dollars the Australian dollar back above 23 so your predictions many months ago about his short term demise seem to be off. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I wonder if you misunderstood your friend. Don't see how the cost of joining a gym could save money on the water bill. Maybe he was making a joke.

I am frugal and retired.  I don't understand people that prefer to keep working to maintain spending money foolishly. 

I could go on an on about cheap pilots but there was this one guy some years ago who lived in a small Toyota  and took showers at the beach in Hawaii even though he had enough resources and income to own several houses on the mainland that he rented out. Because he was too cheap to spend a few hundred a month on a crashpad or hotel rooms,"foolish" expenditures. Not a surfer or some free spirit, just a nutter. He looked like a homeless person in a dirty wrinkled uniform.  Not right in the head.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

Shower at the gym instead of at home?

• Thumbs Up 2

I always leave a little tip. They are not going to get rich on it. But I feel that when I buy an un-necessary thing like an iced coffee that cost 20% of the person's daily wage that brought it out to me, it is a good thing to do. I have had two places run by the owner ask me not to tip since they did not have employees. As for tipping workers that come to the house. It really is a Thai custom that at first was giving food and drink, now it is lunch money.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am careful with money. Upcoming holiday in Thailand I picked early May rather than late April, booked on Agoda rather than Hotels.com, saved dollars but still pick nice hotels.

Flying on the wonderful Jetstar $380 return. Not sure that will be a wise decision or frugality for frugalities sake.

Never wanted nice watches or fancy bags. I understand wanting quality but not opulence for opulence sake. 

I think you can get pleasure from saving similar to pleasure from spending and I suppose you can't let one or other take control. 

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Not sure if you are cheap with money but that's an extremely cheap shot at someone doing an important and necessary job in Australia. Pay in Australia for a job like that ain't so bad too. It's not Thailand. 

Talking about dollars the Australian dollar back above 23 so your predictions many months ago about his short term demise seem to be off. 

It would be a cheap shot if the poster was a real person and not a bot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, biervoormij said:

The cost of the gym membership has to be more than the cost of showering at home.

Exactly. This whole thread makes no sense.

If the OPs friend really did join a gym because he thought it would be cheaper than showering at home, then it's not about being mean with money, it's probably about some kind of dementia setting in.

My guess is, however, that there's been a misunderstanding and that the person in question already has a gym membership, and said that he uses the showers at the gym to save money on showing at home. Which, depending on the exact details of where the gym is and how often it gets used anyway, is probably more about being sensible than mean. ????‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I am careful with money. Upcoming holiday in Thailand I picked early May rather than late April, booked on Agoda rather than Hotels.com, saved dollars but still pick nice hotels.

Flying on the wonderful Jetstar $380 return. Not sure that will be a wise decision or frugality for frugalities sake.

Never wanted nice watches or fancy bags. I understand wanting quality but not opulence for opulence sake. 

I think you can get pleasure from saving similar to pleasure from spending and I suppose you can't let one or other take control. 

Yes but  I notice young people nowadays especially in Australia love to spend money on brand name shoes ????  bags etc then have no money for their future 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Ok ok you got me ,I'm really here in level 19 of the  head office tower in Bangkok ,sitting in the next cubicle is worgeordie typing madly away ,fat is a type of crazy is the floor supervisor checking out the output  posts ,4 posts an hour he wants, , Mac mickmanus is here too ,he is the cleaner 

@worgeordie is a real person.  

However I suspect you, @Fat is a type of crazy and @Mac Mickmanus are actually the same person.  Not sure where you are located.

24 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes but  I notice young people nowadays especially in Australia love to spend money on brand name shoes ????  bags etc then have no money for their future 

Yep.  They are all destined to be broke and working grave yard shift as a laborer in a public hospital.