Prevent your retirement visa in Thailand from expiring

webfact

"You can complete the 90-day reporting within 14 days before or up to seven days after".

Has anyone tried online reporting. I want to try it for the first time next month and always thought it was 7 days before due date and 7 days after. Can anyone confirm? Thank you 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Bim Smith said:

"You can complete the 90-day reporting within 14 days before or up to seven days after".

Has anyone tried online reporting. I want to try it for the first time next month and always thought it was 7 days before due date and 7 days after. Can anyone confirm? Thank you 

Screenshot_2023-04-20-05-23-09-592_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

That's only for in-person TM47s.

That's why I said 90 day reporting but yes I should have included in person. My post, however, of which you only quoted 3 words "7 days after" was to highlight the fact that 7 days after or 15 days before is inclusive of the expiry date.

3 hours ago, Tookta said:

Online, you can report up to 14 days before due date. If you apply on the actual due date it's too late. Also you cannot apply up to 7 days after due date like you can if you were to go to immigration in person.

Online includes the due date too...here in Jomtien anyway. I've done it. Get the approval here same day, in just a few hours. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"Applying for a re-entry permit as soon as you obtain your retirement visa in Thailand is a prudent and proactive approach to securing your residency status."

Using the term 'residency status' can cause confusion and misunderstanding. Some folks would assume this means permanent residency which is not true. 

The original headline:  "Prevent your retirement visa in Thailand from expiring".

But Is that possible?

A so called retirement visa (there is no such visa with that specific title in the Thailand system) has an ultimate expiry date.

Do whatever to try to prevent expiry but you can't ultimately prevent it's expiry.

However the holder can apply again and must submit most of the same backup paper work and then wait to see if it's approved.  

Misleading headline. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I stopped reading after they had called it a “ retirement visa “ 4 times in the first paragraph !!

It’s almost like they don’t know the real name ??

Of course they do but their target audience doesn't. 

• Confused 3

35 minutes ago, ianwheldale said:

Been doing 90 day online for a year now. Works great and once you are registered in the system you will get a reminder email a couple of weeks before it's due.

The email reminder system failed just recently and caught a few people out, so best not to rely on it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

The email reminder system failed just recently and caught a few people out, so best not to rely on it.

Good advice.  Also, the email reminder system only takes into account 90-Day Reports done through the online system.  If you do your report some other way (by doing it in person, by leaving the country, or even by getting an extension of stay in offices where that results in immigration doing a 90-Day report for you) it easily becomes out of sync.  Best to set a date in your calendar yourself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

14 before and 7 days after.

I only use online reg. Of tm47. Works fine for me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

This story was negligent in not including that as well as the link to online reporting. Yes, I do online every time and it is easy. If I were you I would assume it to be 7 before and seven after. I miscalculated and I did mine on the very day it was due and had immediate confirmation. The big advantage is that once you've done it you will get email reminders of the next due date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Enjoy all the perks a retirement visa has to  offer ?.................. What perks ?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. How about this for one: Renew once a year, not reapply,  without having to worry about visa runs or other complications.