Thai woman sets new record at London Marathon

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

new Guinness World Record for “the fastest marathon dressed in Thai traditional dress.” 

I'm going next year and I will be looking at  new Guinness World Record for “the fastest male marathon dressed in Thai traditional dress.”

Good on her, BTW 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Wow, you're up for confrontation. 

I did see that you had posted a comment similar to mine, so I did the polite thing and changed my comment.........look above ????

Geeze, some people need to chill out. 

OK, I changed my post to 'In a tartan Jock Strap' so you were now first with Mankini. Cheers.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

“the fastest marathon dressed in Thai traditional dress.”  so funny she's the only one!

Got to laugh at that…

A mate got the Guinness world record for fastest time in his favorite t-shirt !!!

That said : congratulations on completing the Marathon itself… 

• Like 1

Good on her, a bit of fun.

And if anyone here can run 42 consecutive kilometres at a pace of 5 min 19 per km, regardless of what clothing they choose to wear, do it!

Never particularly enjoyed running, my best half marathon 1hr 34, @ 4:27 per km but that distance was my limit.

Respect to Shrinya “Dr Miyu” Kanchanasewi

• Thanks 1

Good on her. Well done. I do, however, think she may of had some of that famous (6th and not real som tam) som tam salad the day before and ......som tam afterburner.

Just kidding. Good on her. Very strange catagory though.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A woman from Thailand who ran the London Marathon in the UK yesterday set a unique new Guinness World Record for “the fastest marathon dressed in Thai traditional dress.”

If the GWR now include such ridiculous records as this, the books that we used to get each christmas under the tree  would now not fit in the house , let alone under the tree 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Miyu completed the 41 kilometre race in three hours and 45 minutes.

That is a fast time! I trained very hard for the 1990 London running up to 66 miles a week.  At 47, dressed in proper running garb with expensive shoes, I managed 3 hours 30 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mikebell said:

That is a fast time! I trained very hard for the 1990 London running up to 66 miles a week.  At 47, dressed in proper running garb with expensive shoes, I managed 3 hours 30 minutes.

Next time don the Thai traditional dress, you may get a faster time. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

A friend of mine who is a teacher in Chiangmai also took part in the LM she did it in a shorter time but no mention of her maybe because she is not a Thai citizen but a farang  !

Why should she get a mention? My brother also did it - should he have a press story? Should everyone get one?

It's a quirky story that isn't important but is a bit of fun. But you have to make it in to a farang victim thing. Try removing that massive chip from your shoulder and you'll find life gets easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

How many other runners have contested this 'record'?

Could I get one for running in a mankini?

I bet I could get into the world records as the ugliest elderly man in a speedo to finish the race!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1