Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, 1 week after Dominion settlement

Scott

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Tucker Carlson might be boxed into entering 2024 presidential race by Fox contract

He'd instantly have an online fundraising juggernaut second only to Trump, and perhaps surpassing him. He's polarizing, terrible, and utterly amoral ... in short, better than Ron DeSantis for the base. Celebrity, money, mental acuity, cynicism, pro-Putin isolationism, and an overt love of authoritarianism are a pretty strong secret sauce for the MAGA base. Celebrity got Trump the [White House].

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carlson-2024/

The Young Turks on YT was saying he is running for President

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

The Young Turks on YT was saying he is running for President

Washington is buzzing on that possibility and why not. Tucker's base of GOP supporters are second only to Trump and he will have plenty of financial backing. He is younger and he hate Trump with a passion (his words). A Trump-Carlson brawl will be a sight to behold and a spectacle if they debate. Who will out lie the other to get the attention of the base. It will benefit De-santis but the ultimate winner will be Joe Biden. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Washington is buzzing on that possibility and why not. Tucker's base of GOP supporters are second only to Trump and he will have plenty of financial backing. He is younger and he hate Trump with a passion (his words). A Trump-Carlson brawl will be a sight to behold and a spectacle if they debate. Who will out lie the other to get the attention of the base. It will benefit De-santis but the ultimate winner will be Joe Biden. 

DeSantis won't even run and neither will Master Race Tucker.

The Republicans could beat Biden if they back off from fascist maga.

Such as with Sununu or Youngkin.

Some would add Christie to that list.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good Lord, we agree (except the fascist bit)!  Buy a lottery ticket.

I would love to see Governor Christie as the nominee. He is very smart, a good speaker, and good in debate. He was actually Trump's debating partner in the 2020 campaign, playing the part of "Biden" in Trump's debate prep.  

He also knows how to work across the aisle. He had a largely Democratic legislature to work with during his entire term as governor of New Jersey.  Put Nikki Haley or Kristi Noem as VP and it is a winning combo.

23 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I have a feeling that Tucker 2.0 will be even bigger than the current incantation. I am thinking similar to Joe Rogan. Once he is free of the network and the bosses, he will thrive.  He is/was a very good writer before hitting tv, and can also do long form interviews.  Not to mention organizations like Blaze and Daily Wire have probably already sent him offers. 

I have a feeling he will be tormenting the entitled left and the Washington uniparty for many years to come.

I think he'll get an offer from Stormfront or maybe David Duke, but he'll end up on Russia Today

There's always a market for those catering to two standard deviations left of the mean on the IQ Bell Curve. In fact, that was the thrust of Roger Ailes' Business Plan for Fox. Ailes argued to potential investors that regular network news is far too high brow for the low IQ demographic, and while individually most are unsuccessful, collectively they represent an attractive target for certain advertisers. Ailes argued---and history proved him correct---that a network geared toward the ignorant would capture them all and win the TV ratings war.

The Business Plan also suggested putting on Talking Heads from 2nd tier or lower universities, since they would be able to relate better to his target market. Only Ingraham (Dartmouth, the beer-drinking Ivy) slipped through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

If any one of those 3 were to be the nominee, I'd venture to say Biden would step down.  His objective in 2020 was to get Trump out and by extension, the MAGA agenda.  I think Biden would be competitive against most any Republican, but he knows he'd trounce Trump....again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

If any one of those 3 were to be the nominee, I'd venture to say Biden would step down.  His objective in 2020 was to get Trump out and by extension, the MAGA agenda.  I think Biden would be competitive against most any Republican, but he knows he'd trounce Trump....again. 

I get what you're saying but I don't see how the timing of that would work to realistically replace Biden.

Harris would also obviously lose.

There are some democrats who could be competitive against a non maga fascist republican but we'd have to know early enough and we won't.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Biden would run against DeSantis as well. The fear of MAGA is palpable. The dems only fear a moderate and centrist Republican

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Biden would run against DeSantis as well. The fear of MAGA is palpable. The dems only fear a moderate and centrist Republican

DeSantis is a maga fascist with just a different presentation than Trump. Biden would probably beat him.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

DeSantis is a maga fascist with just a different presentation than Trump. Biden would probably beat him.

I agree that Biden would beat DeSantis.  Mostly on abortion, book banning, Disney, as well as social security and medicare.  By the time DeSantis gets through the primary (assuming he does), Trump would have done the dirty work for Biden.  And no one gets dirtier than Trump.  Which is why I think Trump will (hopefully) be the GOP nominee. 

• Like 2

Carlson made comments i private messages that were “highly offensive and crude remarks that went beyond the inflammatory, often racist comments of his prime-time show and anything disclosed in the lead-up to the trial,” The Times reports.

The messages were in Fox’s trial lawyers' possession for months but weren’t known to the company’s board and senior executives until much later for reasons that are not yet known, but the discovery plunged the company’s executive leadership into chaos.

The board was concerned that Carlson’s behavior would cause harm beyond the Dominion case and considered hiring an outside law firm to investigate him, two sources told The Times.

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carlson-remarks/

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Plenty of them fall within that group............

MAGA Republican actions fit 'definition of fascism,' White House says

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/maga-republican-actions-fit-definition-fascism-white-house-says-2022-08-26/

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's gonna be hard for any GOP candidate to win based on what has happened re. abortion since the religious nutters on the SCOTUS dropped their masks.

We should also send warm thoughts to that extremist federal judge down in Texas.

23 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's gonna be hard for any GOP candidate to win based on what has happened re. abortion since the religious nutters on the SCOTUS dropped their masks.

We should also send warm thoughts to that extremist federal judge down in Texas.

I'm not as optimistic as you are.

Emotion is a huge factor in voting which often trumps policies 

American's attention span is about 5 minutes. 

It's impossible to predict the political climate at the time of the election.

But I still think almost impossible for Trump to beat Biden.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, Tug said:

Well that’s a good day for America!wonder we’re that insufferable rumor monger will go next im sure he will go to whoever pays most obviously he has no journalistic integrity whatsoever it’s all about money for him a true bottom dweller in my humble opinion.don’t think it will save old Rupert though lol ???? 

Im just wondering how people can make such people like him and Jerry Springer famous and rich. How is it possible in a modern eductated free  christian country to let such view whores with no sense of reality manage to brake through? 

They make stupidity normal

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not as optimistic as you are.

Emotion is a huge factor in voting which often trumps policies 

American's attention span is about 5 minutes. 

It's impossible to predict the political climate at the time of the election.

But I still think almost impossible for Trump to beat Biden.

Actually, a lot of podcast and youtube folks are learning that there is a market for long form interviews. Joe Rogan does 3 hours, Bill Maher 2 hours plus, etc.  Networks that try to cram interviews into 5-7 minute windows to satisfy commercial breaks are the ones in trouble. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, a lot of podcast and youtube folks are learning that there is a market for long form interviews. Joe Rogan does 3 hours, Bill Maher 2 hours plus, etc.  Networks that try to cram interviews into 5-7 minute windows to satisfy commercial breaks are the ones in trouble. 

Piers Morgan is another one who is typically for same genre, same as Tucker annoyingly provoking and interupt the interview objects. Joe Rogen let them speak, and often brings out the best in them. I enjoy Joe Rogan for his style, even it balance fine on quasi science and half truths quite often. On the border to accepted conspiracy theories. 

Edited by Hummin

Any future plans for Carlson may be limited until his lawyer negotiates the terms of his settlement.

Yes, he can pop out videos, but again, his lawyer is probably advising him to keep quiet - which is just all so satisfying to think of him having to shut up - until there is a settlement.

That video he released was very strange. Without his faux agency of the Fox he comes across as weak, powerless, claiming to be a victim and yes, pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1