Move Forward party leader denies lying on TV about his father’s funeral

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2023-04-27T130155.150.png

Move Forward party leader Pita Limjaroenrat issued a statement today (Thursday) via Facebook to defend himself against allegations that he lied about being detained by military officials at Bangkok’s military airport, following the coup in September 2006, which prevented him from attending his father’s funeral.

Pita said he never expected that he would have to explain such a painful experience as the sudden loss of his father, to whom he had no chance to say goodbye because of the coup in 2006, which ousted the government of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Critics claim that what he said in his recent interview with TV news anchor Sorayuth Suthassanachinda over the incident contradicted what he said in an interview on the same subject which he gave to another TV anchor, Surivipa, over a decade ago.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-party-leader-denies-lying-on-tv-about-his-fathers-funeral/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-04-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Just now, ozz1 said:

Unfortunately Thai politics is a dirty business and the army don't like loosing even though they have never fought in a battle it's all about power by any means necessary they want to rule

Politics everywhere is a nasty, dirty corrupted business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, marin said:

The dinosaurs are finally understanding that their days could well be very numbered and are pulling out all the stops. Remember these same people were at the forefront of getting Future Forward disbanded and Thanatorn barred from politics for 10 years.  They know the truth about how polls are going, even the ones that they are doing.  Rats running scared is the truth. 

Look for even more lies and BS. 

Dinasours still have their uniform tucked away.

They will "win" the election.

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Those supporting the present status quo are really worried about this man. My wife says that she, and all her friends will be voting for him. She says he is the only candidate with policies to help the poor and give access to education for all kids; he is also a strong supporter of Ukraine. My wife says that most Thai people under 50 think he’s the best thing since somtum.

Might very well be a reason for Phue Thai not getting 50%+1. I hope so. I would rather see a coalition between these two just to keep the Thaksin puppet in check.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marin said:

We will see on May 14. I have closely followed Thai politics since Chatchai Choonhavan was overthrown by the military and General Suchinda in 1991. Best chance of some real change since then. 

Me too, but what really matters is what happens after May 14th, rather than on May 14th.

As you say, time will tell. Thailand is an instinctively conservative country, especially those who wield the real power. 

Edited by sidneybear
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, marin said:

Not this time. People have woken up a bit. Even with all the effort to keep the masses uneducated its beginning to change. Watch the young turn out, especially those around university age and recent grads with no chance at a job.  Damn good chance things begin to change. The police and military do not have the following they once did.

The young will not turn out.

It is not their problem.????????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Nice to see that someone understands how Thailand works. The army will remain in control and will give Thaksin's band of crooks the boot just as they always have done. Thaksin knows this, but just wants to fill his pockets some more. 

Move Forward will get the gen Z vote, but nobody who weilds power in Thailand really cares about what they think and they'll also be slapped down. Elders' opinions in Thailand are rightfully respected. 

People who think that military rule can't happen again have been saying the same thing for decades. 

I don't think that will happen this time.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Nice to see that someone understands how Thailand works. The army will remain in control and will give Thaksin's band of crooks the boot just as they always have done. Thaksin knows this, but just wants to fill his pockets some more. 

Move Forward will get the gen Z vote, but nobody who weilds power in Thailand really cares about what they think and they'll also be slapped down. Elders' opinions in Thailand are rightfully respected. 

People who think that military rule can't happen again have been saying the same thing for decades. 

And it truly is no different this time around.......the same hopeful and deluded dreamers [especially from Farang circles] that go on about pie in the sky that things might be changing and the hold that the traditional military/elitist groups have is slowly dissolving. 

More often than not, things are never what they appear to be. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Yes they will, and yes, it IS their problem as well.

Any such perceived problems will never be resolved by this repeated rhetorical manner of false elections and premise. 

Trimming the branches, here and there, will never prove successful. 

The roots require severing.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

And it truly is no different this time around.......the same hopeful and deluded dreamers [especially from Farang circles] that go on about pie in the sky that things might be changing and the hold that the traditional military/elitist groups have is slowly dissolving. 

More often than not, things are never what they appear to be. 

But you, like me and many others don't KNOW that it will be different this time around.

You don't think it will change, while I and many others think it will change.

This of course is my own opinion, just as yours is your opinion.

I try to look at things from a positive point of view, you take the opposite view on this subject.

If nothing will change, then why are the Brits still not slaves of the Romans, why is the USA an independent country and still not a colony of the UK, why is the UK a partner of France and Germany after fighting them for many years?

Things do change over time. Now it is time for Thailand to change.

What will the military do, if they and their agencies cheat as they did the last time, if the Thai people refuse to accept it?

Make another coup and shoot all the trouble makers?

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Any such perceived problems will never be resolved by this repeated rhetorical manner of false elections and premise. 

Trimming the branches, here and there, will never prove successful. 

The roots require severing.......

They are being slowly and quietly severed.