Bikini-wearing durian seller sparks controversy in Kamphaeng Phet (VIDEO)

webfact

why all the fuss. such prudes. in America where i am from its not uncommon to see high school girls in bikinis raising money for their school by offering car washes.  i alway will take advance of a good soapy to the  car even if its clean.  consider it  my civic duty.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good luck to her , she's not the first 2 or 3 years back was girl doing same water melons or durian Why not look guy in the pic eyes Deffinity Not concentrating on durian ! Only pair of Papaya looking ????

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The woman behind the bikini, Ms. Aranya or Nong Aum, is 22 years old. She sells durians to help her mother, Mrs. Pantip, who has been selling seasonal fruits for over 31 years to generate income and send her children to study

So with her education she learnt to take her top off and sell fruit...

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, malibukid said:

why all the fuss. such prudes. in America where i am from its not uncommon to see high school girls in bikinis raising money for their school by offering car washes.  i alway will take advance of a good soapy to the  car even if its clean.  consider it  my civic duty.  

Thai culture. There is a reason you see very few regular Thai women (non sex worker/Pattaya gold miners) wearing skimpy bathing suits on the beach. Most are wearing t-shirts and long shorts. There is a lot of modesty in Thai culture. Those who've been around awhile know this. Pattaya is NOT regular Thai culture.

Visit a Wat? No shorts, tank tops, showing shoulders etc. In Hua-Hin you absolutely cannot wear shorts at the Kings former residence --  if you show up in shorts they give you a wrap to wear.  I felt like Gandi wearing the wrap I had to put on cause I made the mistake of not wearing long pants. Women must cover shoulders also. No tank tops or halter tops allowed whatsoever.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, poppysdad said:

I live just a few minutes drive away and my wife loves Durian, I could make us both very happy this morning. 

my wife says 'you can look, but you cannot touch'.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

That's the problem with conservative politics everywhere.

They see problems where there aren't any while glossing over the really huge problems in society.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Cayote girls at weddings and funerals etc….but a bikini girl selling what must be, sacred durians, is definitely not on! Such a fragile people here!

Such a fragile people here!

How do you work that out when no one's complained about it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Naughty Nong Aum, she should be wearing "traditional" Thai attire which Thai women wore 200-300 years ago, is that right Thai moral police?

As you say, 300 years ago so irrelevant to today but, regardless of that, where have the "Thai moral police" shown their presence?   There's no complaints about her in the OP.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, GameMaster said:

Pretty sad really to see what some women have to do to sell random stuff.

I am sure she will be able to sell durian independent of her clothes. Thais love durian.

But she will be able to sell more if she motivates more customers to buy. That's marketing 101 - nothing wrong with that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh please. Such purile sanctimony. How does one even take it seriously, for even a nanosecond? 

She is cute, she has a rather nice pair, and she is using her available resources. Nothing wrong with any of it. 

There are alot of netizens who seem to have nothing better to do, than give people a hard time. It is not an expression of their better nature. Get a life. 

• Thumbs Up 1