Ukrainian boy placed on life support after cardiac arrest at a Phuket swimming pool on Tuesday

webfact

image.jpeg

10-year-old Daniel Andreieva has been left on life support including a respirator at Phuket’s Vachira Phuket Hospital with doctors saying his diagnosis is ‘poor’ as his mother frantically tries to raise funds for his treatment.

Doctors say the prognosis for the 10-year-old is poor after the near-drowning incident during which rescuers took 10 minutes to revive him leaving him with brain damage and swelling.

The family of a young Ukrainian boy have been left in tormented anguish after he was involved in a near-drowning incident on the holiday island on Tuesday last which has left him with severe injuries and on critical life support in hospital. The mother of the boy has opened a local bank account as the family tries to cope with mounting hospital care costs while dealing with the personal trauma of the unimaginable tragedy.

A young 10-year-old Ukrainian boy has been left in critical condition at a Phuket Hospital after a swimming pool incident on Tuesday, May 2nd on the tourist island resort.

Full story: https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/05/05/ukrainian-boy-left-on-life-support-in-phuket-daniel-andreieva/

Tex.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Examiner 2023-05-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

So, so sad to read this. A parent's worst nightmare. If ever there was a worthy case for a "go fund me" then this is it. I truly hope for a good outcome.

Thumbs up from me sir.

• Like 1

worst possible outcome for the boy - brain dead but the body is brought back to life as unresponsive flesh. 10 minutes of flatlining is a do not resuscitate situation. now he is stuck in the middle and cannot rest in peace. my condolences 

• Thumbs Up 1

Incredibly sad.  Poor family with their country under attack from Russia, with massive death and devastation, perhaps they came to Thailand for respite, to recover maybe from trauma and to give their son positive memories in his youth. 

Now destroyed. Ten minutes is a very long time for a drowning incident and even if he could at all regain consciousness, it will be with severe brain damage.  Just tragic.  

2 hours ago, jaideedave said:

So sad so young.This is precisely why I have a signed DNR form in my medical files with my Thai Dr.

At 72 it's all about quality of life.I do not want to be a burden on my Thai wife and family.Nor do I wish to spend my last days staring at a ceiling in a helpless situation. I don't want their inheritance wasted away to an ICU unit who won't hesitate to pull the plug when informed "money finit" No regrets  

Me too, and I am 74 with 2 million baht health insurance.  Just a few days back I visited a long time neighbour in a CCU (critical care unit). He's 89. Fell down at home, ambulance too local hospital, seemed to have caught covid. Been on his back for over 4 weeks in a high cost private hospital, multiple tubes each arm. Ventilator down throat. Can't speak, too tried open eyes more than a few minutes. He has Insurance with Thai company but must be about all used up.  Told my Thai wife .... don't let me go through that. Pull plugs if no hope.

My best wishes to the young boy,  may luck be with you .....

• Like 1