Thai School Principal Unveils Salary Details, Sparks Massive Public Interest

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This brings her total monthly earnings to 44,430 Baht.

I suppose for many Thais, and some ex-pats, this is an impressive monthly income but with me, my 3 monthly pensions total is far greater!

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This brings her total monthly earnings to 44,430 Baht.

For the top position in a school I'd say that's a reasonable sum of money.

I'm sure in the private sector a similar position would command the same or more.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I suppose for many Thais, and some ex-pats, this is an impressive monthly income but with me, my 3 monthly pensions total is far greater!

So you're saying your paid every 3 month your pension UK EU . As far as l know most countries pension paid monthly, Australia is every 2 weeks , few years back was monthly !  l guess Aussie pension dropped to fortnightly in case you dropped dead,  only lost 2 weeks instead of a month Typical of Government's,  Every 3 months ???? or unless you mean > 3 months in total = 1 month  ! ln comparece with Thai School Principe monthly salary , without brown envelope used normally upgrade below average grades D to A 

Edited by Mad mick
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds average.

A school principal near us retired 10 years ago with a 2 million pay lump sum and 40k a month for the rest of his life. 

I'm not sure why people are so interested, the amount is neither small nor large.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

The headline says 'principal', further in the report the title 'director' is used. 

Quite meaningful because they are specifically quite different roles and school directors are paid substantially higher.

Which is it?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Sounds average.

A school principal near us retired 10 years ago with a 2 million pay lump sum and 40k a month for the rest of his life. 

I'm not sure why people are so interested, the amount is neither small nor large.

Because it's huge in comparison to national averages. Though I am not challenging its justification.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

This is excellent.  Workers should all share information broadly about their employment conditions.  Solidarity brings power.  Secrecy only helps the Overlords maintain their grip.  Now other principals can negotiate their salaries by comparison.  Competition for labor means wages broadly should go up the more wages are shared by workers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1