Move Forward Party to Submit 45 Bills for Amendments and New Laws

webfact

6 hours ago, racket said:

Priorities, lol! 

I just hope and pray this party isn't aligned with the woke globalist agenda. If these people are selected by the Davos/WEF crowd then the young Thai voter will be screwed yet again for another generation. 

Who is this guy Pita Limjaroenrat anyway, and where did he come from all of a sudden? Wikipedia says he's a student of Harvard and MIT which makes him a perfect candidate amongst the globalist elite. I'd suspect the IMF can't wait to offer billions of $$ in loans to ramp up spending and set the stage for large foreign financial corporations to slowly sneak into the Thai economy and start the robbery. Feels like young MFP voters are having their Barack Obama moment, which was a A big trojan horse!

Too early to celebrate, but if the 100-senators doesn't vote him in; there's no way he becomes PM. Plus, the more parties they cooperate with to form a government, the less of these bills comes a reality. 

Thailand certainly needs a young fresh leader, but I'm not a fan of someone making useless priorities by putting gay marriage their 2nd top enactment. Plain and stupid! 

As I noted yesterday cross your finger. Unable for him to attend schools in U. S.  his family has money part of the swamp that controls this country.  As we know during the pandemic there wasnt a lot of help from leaders or the rich where was he?

I hear he is a investor or part owner of Grab great. Heard he also speaks perfect English.

Hope for the best but I wouldn't hold my breath.

6 hours ago, racket said:

Priorities, lol! 

I just hope and pray this party isn't aligned with the woke globalist agenda. If these people are selected by the Davos/WEF crowd then the young Thai voter will be screwed yet again for another generation. 

Who is this guy Pita Limjaroenrat anyway, and where did he come from all of a sudden? Wikipedia says he's a student of Harvard and MIT which makes him a perfect candidate amongst the globalist elite. I'd suspect the IMF can't wait to offer billions of $$ in loans to ramp up spending and set the stage for large foreign financial corporations to slowly sneak into the Thai economy and start the robbery. Feels like young MFP voters are having their Barack Obama moment, which was a A big trojan horse!

Too early to celebrate, but if the 100-senators doesn't vote him in; there's no way he becomes PM. Plus, the more parties they cooperate with to form a government, the less of these bills comes a reality. 

Thailand certainly needs a young fresh leader, but I'm not a fan of someone making useless priorities by putting gay marriage their 2nd top enactment. Plain and stupid! 

You are all for the bunch that just left it seems a bit of a right wing rules are ok

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

That is true but the rich in Thailand are very rich and there is in fact not a real middle class,

My suggestion is that everyone has to register in the place they are living and not in the blue family book anymore. That births are registered also at the amphur and don't to get an birthcertificate anymore, unless you need it. Modern registrations. And than that everybody has to fill in a tax form... So that the country knows who is living where, what there job is and how much they earn. Much easier to help people in time of need as we have seen in the Covid period. And yes maybe more tax income  too but statepension for the elderly have to go up and must be paid and I think that will be easier to implement

I also would like to see  greater accessibility to quality education , particularly for families with limited financial resources.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

1. Political Laws: Move Forward aims to amend relevant laws to allow the establishment of a new charter-drafting assembly, with the goal of crafting a new people-centric constitution. The party also intends to amend the Military Service Act, replacing forced conscription with a voluntary system. Additionally, Move Forward plans to propose a political amnesty bill to address political conflicts since 2006 and work towards bridging Thailand’s deep political divide.

With the millions of Royalists in Bangkok?
Bring back the PAD and time for coup #23.

4 hours ago, djayz said:

More important than the economy, healthcare, education, infrastructure or anything that would benefit the rest of the population?

Good to see you lot have your priorities right. The Me. Me. Me. camp. 

You have grossly distorted the actual meaning of that bullet point  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ozz1 said:

Good luck with all that let's hope they are going to be a major player in south east Asia get rid of the old guard first

They've doomed themselves with the nonsense of net zero.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, racket said:

Priorities, lol! 

look further into it.. u are on the right track..look - NGO's..- where educated and friends made at the time ...wont be the change the young are looking for.. only the empty promise of it

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, h90 said:

Taxes on imported goods aren't high...mostly between 0 and 10%...with the exception of alcohol which is very bad

And you're proposing a 30% import duty on all goods across the board.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1295213-move-forward-party-to-submit-45-bills-for-amendments-and-new-laws/?do=findComment&comment=18090255

Add to that the taxes of which you speak (VAT, excise taxes, etc.)

"...how much wine do you see in Thailand....(?)"

And why do you think that is? Anything do do with:-

"Generally, the excise tax for wine is calculated as 60% of the CIF value plus tariff, excise tax paid, and municipal tax."

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, h90 said:

Taxes on imported goods aren't high...mostly between 0 and 10%...with the exception of alcohol which is very bad

Ok there’s probably a difference when importing noodles from China, a Lamborghini from Italy, or Champagne from France

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

With the millions of Royalists in Bangkok?
Bring back the PAD and time for coup #23.

The "good people" of Bangkok have voted MF, this time. Anyway, they don't need the PAD any more as the constitution allows to make coups without military coups.

10 hours ago, racket said:

Priorities, lol! 

Thank gosh the majority of the Thai voters don't think as you do/believe or the old guard would have won the public's vote, remained in power, and done business as usual.  Gee, what's your beef regarding gay marriage?  It is an important issue that the majority of voters wanted to see happen.   

It, along with other changes, will help Thailand move faster into the 21 century.  Doom and Gloom isn't what Thailand needs now; move forward party gives hope for the masses.  Pita, regardless of his background, is young enough to listen to the public's needs and hopefully Thailand will see positive changes.  

Re: legislative priorities

What if human rights and democratic voting rights are inseparable? I have no issues with equal rights under the law being a top priority, even if it highlights the plight of groups I'm not personally a member of.

Moreover, Move Forward is essentially the Thai party of "woke," and they are the loudest and clearest about rooting out the military's influence (lordship) over Thai politics. Make of that what you will. Peua Thai has had every opportunity to take a harder line and failed, prioritizing their patriarch's hostage situation over the Thai peoples' needs.

43 minutes ago, waders123 said:

Thank gosh the majority of the Thai voters don't think as you do/believe or the old guard would have won the public's vote, remained in power, and done business as usual.  Gee, what's your beef regarding gay marriage?  It is an important issue that the majority of voters wanted to see happen.   

It, along with other changes, will help Thailand move faster into the 21 century.  Doom and Gloom isn't what Thailand needs now; move forward party gives hope for the masses.  Pita, regardless of his background, is young enough to listen to the public's needs and hopefully Thailand will see positive changes.  

And by the way Pita Limjaroenrat, the leader of Moving Forward Party in Thailand, did not attend MIT or Harvard. He completed his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand and his MBA from the University of Sheffield in the UK.  So before you deliver information, do fact check and get it right!

2 hours ago, waders123 said:

And by the way Pita Limjaroenrat, the leader of Moving Forward Party in Thailand, did not attend MIT or Harvard. He completed his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand and his MBA from the University of Sheffield in the UK.  So before you deliver information, do fact check and get it right!

image.png.724d18a614ba0fa7d2136da63c9edd46.png

All OK until I got to climate change. It's clear this party was funded by the US and western countries through the YSEALI program. Expect another coup at some point. The US have done this throughout South East Asia as an warmongering antidote to China. Keep your wars on your own borders Biden

2 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

All OK until I got to climate change. It's clear this party was funded by the US and western countries through the YSEALI program. Expect another coup at some point. The US have done this throughout South East Asia as an warmongering antidote to China. Keep your wars on your own borders Biden

Yes climate change and gay marriage are US ideas. 

• Thanks 1