Former transport minister crashes yet again in Thailand

snoop1130

I see him occasionally in the town I live in, Chombueng.  If he wants to get something from the local market he just stops his car in the middle of the road and goes shopping.  The police here don't do anything to him.

Think what you want of Pareena it's nice that she is trying to stop her dad from driving.  But even if they did take his license he would most likely be driving anyway.  I'm sure he has one of those lifetime licenses that they used to issue.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I want to ask any great lawyer about what to do in this case to stop my father from driving a car, as the car is not mine and my father refuses to listen to me. He refuses to listen to family members.”

As he cannot even remember the accident then I'm sure a court order can ban him from driving... until he's had a full medical check-up and a new driving test.

All of which will fail.

That should solve the problem

37 minutes ago, rwill said:

I see him occasionally in the town I live in, Chombueng.  If he wants to get something from the local market he just stops his car in the middle of the road and goes shopping.  The police here don't do anything to him.

this sums it up quite well. but of course the entitled a hole does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

As he cannot even remember the accident then I'm sure a court order can ban him from driving... until he's had a full medical check-up and a new driving test.

All of which will fail.

Don't you  know ' who he is ' ? 

License or not , he will drive anyway ... he was the minister of transport .

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, rwill said:

Think what you want of Pareena it's nice that she is trying to stop her dad from driving.  But even if they did take his license he would most likely be driving anyway.  I'm sure he has one of those lifetime licenses that they used to issue.  

Sell the car or tow it away and store it. Get him a driver to take him around

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

was involved in his fourth car accident in four years

I am sure that there are many more 'competent' drivers who have exceeded this number.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

All of which will fail.

Have you not had to do a thai medical for a driving licence? 

I think even a corpse can pass!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, watchcat said:

Old age?

I am 78 and have had 2 blackouts in 3 months, Both at home. the second in February this tear

My wife found me the first time and the postman the second time. My wife was out and my neighbour called an ambulance.

I woke up in a hospital having no idea where I was, what time or day it was or even blacking out.

The day before my blackout was the last day I drove my pickup, and when I woke up in hospital, was the day I quit driving.

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 5:44 PM, rwill said:

She might also want to help out her ex the senator recently criminally charged with money laundering. 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:44 PM, rwill said:

OMG........they do this in Nong Bua Daeng.....    CBA parking and walking, so just block the road........but only for 10 mins!!!!!!!

On 5/19/2023 at 8:00 AM, cowellandrew said:

Have you not had to do a thai medical for a driving licence? 

I think even a corpse can pass!

HA!......Very few even have a license....and getting one is a purely administrative exercise ......it has nothing to do with being able to drive (safely). 

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1