Thai PM Candidate Faces Disqualification Bid

webfact

2 hours ago, kamahele said:

Thanathorn didn't actually own shares in a media company, his mother did and the company was defunct for years and non publishing. He had sold the shares to his mother which he was able to prove. But legally,.....

No that's not completely accurate. He owned the shares but sold them to his mother on a date that was questionable and the paperwork was also not filed timely. 

6 hours ago, bogs smith said:

DO IT!

Civil war will ensue and you will no longer be safe in your military compounds.

Go on, DO IT!!!

The fleeing Russians will throw their arms up in horror exclaiming " Is it me ,or have I just got the worst luck in the world!!" ???? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No that's not completely accurate. He owned the shares but sold them to his mother on a date that was questionable and the paperwork was also not filed timely. 

I thought he'd lent money to his party and it was seen as (or not seen as?) a donation and therefore he was disqualified?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Right or wrong this is a ploy to steer the election result to exactly where it was prior to the election. I'm surprised that anyone thought there was ever a chance of change. Perhaps we were all just hoping against hope that this time it might be different? MFP can claim a moral victory but when you look at what happens in all of Thailand's neighbours (bar Malaysia) there are lots of role models of military dominance with no appetite for democracy. Thailand is just fitting in.

RIP Thailand you are being strangled to death and nothing short of a full civil war will reverse it and we know who has the bigger pistola if it ever came to that. It will make good news headlines around the world but, as in Myanmar, blood will flow in the streets and nothing good will come of it. Revolt will only tighten the military's blood thirsty grip on power.

So sad, so wrong and so predictable.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I thought he'd lent money to his party and it was seen as (or not seen as?) a donation and therefore he was disqualified?

Yeah that was thrown in there too. I'm not sure what the end result was about that donation issue because a couple of the other parties had made "donations" of one sort or another. I think that's why all their regs are made of rubber so they can mould them as they need to fit the occasion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

Well it is the rules. He should’ve crossed his t’s and dot his I’s knowing he’d be heavily scrutinized. 

As already quoted, apparently he sold his shares to his mother ("and can prove it") probably knowing what would happen if he got this far ahead in "The Game"!

7 hours ago, h90 said:

google iTV Thailand annual report...there is 2020, 2021, 2022 the company is active.
And why on earth should I be desperate? I have no dog in this fight

"I have no dog in this fight"

:):):):):)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

Right or wrong this is a ploy to steer the election result to exactly where it was prior to the election. I'm surprised that anyone thought there was ever a chance of change. Perhaps we were all just hoping against hope that this time it might be different? MFP can claim a moral victory but when you look at what happens in all of Thailand's neighbours (bar Malaysia) there are lots of role models of military dominance with no appetite for democracy. Thailand is just fitting in.

RIP Thailand you are being strangled to death and nothing short of a full civil war will reverse it and we know who has the bigger pistola if it ever came to that. It will make good news headlines around the world but, as in Myanmar, blood will flow in the streets and nothing good will come of it. Revolt will only tighten the military's blood thirsty grip on power.

So sad, so wrong and so predictable.

The EC has not yet accept the case. They are doing their investigation. The next stage if case accepted will be the motion to the Constitutional Court for judgement. Still a long way to go. Don't get ahead of yourself. Not the time to sign your obituary on Thailand yet. Many things have change since last coup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

And you know this for a fact?

52 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I think we are talking about different scenarios here - the "man of the day" has not been disqualified (Yet!)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Derek B said:

Protect the Nation from what ?

SMOG hopefully. Road deaths perhaps. Foreign criminals seems unlikely.  Corruption plenty of scope there.

protect the nation from him and people like him

7 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

They were done on this same technicality four years ago so they have had plenty of time to ensure their party is whiter than white. Surely they would know that the government would be looking for any excuse to end them. 

You are right. Why did he not declare his position? If he didn't then we could have a different kind of corrupt leader running the country. There can be no excuse, surely, for him not knowing that the declaration had to be made. And nor his Party. Something doesn't smell right there either.

I'll get my wife's take on it. She's a supporter and will probably say he doesn't have to obey a rule laid down by others. In Thai-style that makes it's someone else's fault, not that of the prospective PM.

15 minutes ago, jesimps said:

said much the same to my missus when she was setting out to vote, much as I had done a couple of times in the past. I felt so sorry for her because in usual Thai fashion, she was naively optimistic.

I know exactly what you mean man. My girl also went out to vote for MFP whith such joy and optimism. Kinda sad to be honest when you know deeep down what the end result will be.. 

I really do wish the best for Thai people, but i think they're going to have to go through many more struggles over the coming years before things get better. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Purdey said:

Look, both Pita and Thanathorn knew the law or had legal advisors and ignored it thinking it wouldn’t affect them. Didn’t they know what they were up against?

Good hearts but naive thinking won’t cut it.

We don't know if there is any truth to this claim. I would imagine they would make certain to not be in a position where a claim like this can be found. Have to wait and see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James26 said:

We don't know if there is any truth to this claim. I would imagine they would make certain to not be in a position where a claim like this can be found. Have to wait and see.

agree with you, they will come up with a "REAL" reason, same as they did 4 years ago

• Like 1

A post regarding Thailand's Monarch has been removed.  Remember the forum rules please.

4. You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any member of the Thai royal family whether living or deceased. You will not criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments or discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing His Majesty The King of Thailand or the Thai royal family. You will not link to or discuss any website which breaches this rule.

• Love It 1